Man City v Leicester

I think Liverpool are more likely to drop points Vs Wolves than Man City are against a truly awful Brighton side. Should be a good afternoons watch as a neutral after watching us rattle the rattlers next week

hoping for a back and forth like the Aguero one in 2012, winner in the last minute to give the title to one of the teams rather than both just hammering the other team and it's over by HT

Just looking at Liverpool’s results and the last league game they didn’t win was the Liverpool derby v Everton on 3rd March

Looks like that game will cost them

Can hardly say they've blown it, not much you can do when the other team win what looks like going to be their last 14 games in a row.

IMO they will look back at the draw at old Trafford as the game that will cost them. Utd using all 3 subs before HT, Rashford hobbling all game and Liverpool never really went after them.

Hated supporting a Rogers team but almost worst that the. Winner is scored by that arrogant guy!!

I cant really stand city or their new found tourist fanbase but you cant say they don't deserve it.

Feel for Klopp for all the good football he has Liverpool playing but he's still won bugger all at Liverpool.
It’s hard to beat the bloated megalithic monster that city are. I know Liverpool aren’t skint as well but there is nothing to love about city for me. A small fan base being rewarded beyond their place by billions of mucky dollars.

I don't get the dislike for Man City, A proper gritty inner city club with fans with lots of hard times over the years playing second fiddle to Man Utd. Wasn't their fault that the Arabs chose them , FFS if it was us we would be doing cartwheels.
Pile of wank club who’ve been catapulted to the top from nothing. Their fans will quite rightly not give a %^*&, but if they expect others to be happy for them they’re mental

I don't get the dislike for Man City, A proper gritty inner city club with fans with lots of hard times over the years playing second fiddle to Man Utd. Wasn't their fault that the Arabs chose them , FFS if it was us we would be doing cartwheels.

For me the City of Maine Road and Joe Royle are different from this Man City. Maybe it's the influx of tourist fans. Or their shady financial dealings. But I just can't like this city

Liverpool resting all their hope on Duffy and Dunk getting a 0-0 for Brighton, been a few games this year they've been at their best when their backs are to the wall defending. Can't see them hurting City at the other end.
City are a cracking side but similar to the Tim's have had some luck with teams never seem to be taking chances against them.

It’s nice to be Champions though and the chance to be the first to retain it in a decade - as well as clinching a treble - is something they should be applauded and respected for.

Look forward to your congratulations when it happens

They're by far the richest club in the league. They should have walked this title but instead they look like staggering over the line. It’s like applauding Usain Bolt for edging out John Prescott.

Credit should go to Liverpool for pushing them until the final day whilst still playing CL football - a competition Man City are yet to buy.

It’s hard to beat the bloated megalithic monster that city are. I know Liverpool aren’t skint as well but there is nothing to love about city for me. A small fan base being rewarded beyond their place by billions of mucky dollars.

Couldn't have said it better. The scrappy always relegated/relegation fight City are the team that I remember

They're by far the richest club in the league. They should have walked this title but instead they look like staggering over the line.

Credit should go to Liverpool for pushing them until the final day whilst still playing CL football - a competition Man City are yet to buy.
Whilst the same Liverpool chucked it in the two domestic cups by playing weakened teams

Come on Brighton. All true football fans are behind you.
I don't really understand that. I would like to think that I'm a true football fan and I think Man City play some beautiful football, a joy to watch. Just because they have spent big then you're meant to dislike them?

Tell you something, if a multi-squillionaire came in to spend their wadge on Rangers we'd be doing somersaults.

I have no interest in who wins the league, but there’s something quite satisfying in Kompany being the man to essentially win the title.

A top player, who has had years of football robbed through injury. A foreigner who has embraced the premier league and one football club in particular. And by all accounts a decent guy.

Contrast to arseholes like Pogba.

Kompany is a class act.

This is his testimonial year as well, no? What a way to sign off 10 years!

Not shit the bed when having a lead at the top.

You can’t really say that to be honest, they dropped some points, but every side does that. You can’t legislate for a side winning 13-14 games on the spin, it’s highly unusual.

97 points wins you the title 99 times out of a 100.

It looked for all the world like it was going to be a frustrating night for City, but cometh the hour, cometh the man. What can you say about a strike like that. Good enough not only to win a game but good enough to win a Championship. If things do go City’s way down in Brighton, I’m sure many will look back on Kompany’s strike as the moment that turned an epic title battle finally in Manchester City’s favour. Personally I hope they do it, and indeed go on to claim the first treble in English history, because as entertaining as the Scousers have been this season, City have just been that little bit better. Still it’s all to play for in the last game and you can’t ask for more than that

The points that Liverpool have accumulated this season has been outstanding, but the points that City have accumulated is just phenomenal. Two great teams have made for a brilliant title race after last year's stroll.

I'll hope for a Helicopter Sunday type scenario on Sunday but I can't see it. City are simply relentless, and they've had to be.

Not really, he scored a sensational goal and if the rules were applied he should've received a 2nd yellow for leaving the field of play.

even if I don't particularly agree with that, based on the goal he scored, the emotion etc. Silva should have gone for the 6 fouls he had after the booking, ridiculous that he ended up staying on until he was subbed

They're by far the richest club in the league. They should have walked this title but instead they look like staggering over the line. It’s like applauding Usain Bolt for edging out John Prescott.

‘Staggered’ over the line by winning 14 games in a row?

What a lot of pish mate.

I don't really understand that. I would like to think that I'm a true football fan and I think Man City play some beautiful football, a joy to watch. Just because they have spent big then you're meant to dislike them?

Tell you something, if a multi-squillionaire came in to spend their wadge on Rangers we'd be doing somersaults.

But that wouldn't be a Rangers team built honestly...

You tend to forget, but City now need to beat Brighton and Watford to win the first ever treble in English football.

That would be genuine history, and might never happen again.

Think of all the great teams that haven't done it before now Liverpool Man Utd Arsenal Forest Chelsea

Kompany has had 47 shots from outside the box in his City career.

No prizes for guessing how many he has scored:cool:

I have never supported any English team, and tend to want whoever entertains me most to win.
Really don't get the dislike for City, they are a great football team who score loads of goals. They have obscene amounts of money, but so do their biggest rivals down there.
If they win it with 98 points this season after 100 points last season that will be a level of consistency never seen before.
But if Liverpool somehow win it, good luck to them as going through a season with just 1 loss is exceptional too.

It's one of those seasons where both deserve to win it.

Back