Man City v Spurs not sold out

Status
Not open for further replies.
City get a bad rep for their attendances and are seen as a club trying to buy success and all the rest, attracting huge criticism in the process.

They have lived in Utd’s shadow attendance wise, but City averaged 35,000 in the lower divisions which is great, they have always had a good loyal fan base, but anything above 45- 50,000 isn’t going to sell out regularly for them.

It would seem that they are a local club for local people :)

They may be, at some level, but they’re not in the top division of clubs.

Or, maybe you didn’t see/didn’t read/didn’t understand/chose to ignore, the line I, very cleverly, copied and paste, and emboldened, from the post you seem to me to be apoplectic about.
No I read it but it's hardly written in a proper fashion and it's already irrelevant because I challenged you for saying they were a small club, not for saying they weren't a big club.
Ironic that you are saying i'm apoplectic about it when it was you who was still hurting so much about it you mentioned it today lol.

No it doesn't, you said City and Chelsea were small clubs which is stupid because they clearly aren't small clubs.
I tried to explain this to you last week and you clearly couldn't understand the difference between sizes, there are so many tiers of football in England and City have by and large been in the top tier. A small club is a club who bounces around the lower echelons of the game down there.
Then you somewhat changed the narrative to what was said at the time to suit yourself, so pardon me for appearing sanctimonious but if you are going to adopt that strategy then you deserve the contempt I have shown.
Did I actually post, in the other thread, that they were small clubs?
I’m asking as I can’t remember and I don’t think it’s what I posted on this one.
I did, without a shadow of a doubt, state they were smaller than Rangers which is an opinion that I stand by.

Did I actually post, in the other thread, that they were small clubs?
I’m asking as I can’t remember and I don’t think it’s what I posted on this one.
I did, without a shadow of a doubt, state they were smaller than Rangers which is an opinion that I stand by.
Yes, yes you did and that's what I took you up on but you started moving the goalposts and today claimed it was because you said they weren't big clubs, there is a difference and that's why I then challenged you on it today.
I've already said earlier today that I see them as smaller than Rangers, you said in every way which is not exactly true though.

I always argue we are a far bigger team than city. Living in England it’s impossible to have anyone agree with me as they think league 1 teams are bigger than us, but I think this proves me and the many others who think this correct

Can’t they buy one of the tickets free for tomorrow night. There are ample games a season that don’t sell out, so it’s not like they can’t go.

Re Maine Road, it only held 35-36k by then. Average crowd was 28k.
Lolz, Only 28k in division 3.
What was your stance on our ST boycott? Or the Dundee Untied or clamored for Killie?
Also, what's your thoughts on how people from Rusholme who can't afford rent should deal with travelling to their games.

Oh, and talking about tinpot, 28k blows Chelsea to fuck. 2 leagues up or not.
Away sing about Ba.

Lolz, Only 28k in division 3.
What was your stance on our ST boycott? Or the Dundee Untied or clamored for Killie?
Also, what's your thoughts on how people from Rusholme who can't afford rent should deal with travelling to their games.

Oh, and talking about tinpot, 28k blows Chelsea to fuck. 2 leagues up or not.
Away sing about Ba.
I was one of 40,000 Rangers fans at Queens Park. That to me is an impressive support. Leeds, Sunderland, Sheffield Weds and others have had 25-30k in the 3rd tier.

What has our fans getting similar crowds to man city whilst boycotting in any way reinforces whatever point you are trying to make.

This is a side that qualified twice for Europe in 32 years before the oil cash, both times through fair play. Just think about that. What other ‘big side’ could you say that of?

I was one of 40,000 Rangers fans at Queens Park. That to me is an impressive support. Leeds, Sunderland, Sheffield Weds and others have had 25-30k in the 3rd tier.

What has our fans getting similar crowds to man city whilst boycotting in any way reinforces whatever point you are trying to make.

This is a side that qualified twice for Europe in 32 years before the oil cash, both times through fair play. Just think about that. What other ‘big side’ could you say that of?

You've just made my point.
Not a sniff of premier football at any level, not a sniff of elite football, and still filling stadia.
Not the Rangers history, or the Chelsea bullshit, just loyal fans, who by and large have been forced out their club.
But still have some balls about them. As far as fuck from the scum at CFC as you could get, I'm sure most will agree.

My nephews high school in Edinburgh has got 50 tickets going to tomorrow’s game, can you imagine a random high school in Manchester getting 50 tickets for a Champions League quarter final at Ibrox :oops:

The point i'm making is they're struggling over the line (if they even get over the line at all) in a match that should have been sold out instantaneously.

From what i'm told it's very easy to get a ticket to a city game. Which, when context is considered, tells you all you need to know.
Barca average 60k in a 100k stadium . City must be the only club in the world to be criticized for not selling out games fast enough.

And yet they hold the same amount of European honours as us.
1 cup winners cup.

Was supposed to be in Manchester working tomorrow, tried to buy a brief but they said I need a previous purchase history.

And yet they hold the same amount of European honours as us.
1 cup winners cup.
They have always played in a richer league and so have had greater resources. We have played in 4 European finals. They have played in one.

This is part of the picture. How would you compare the relative supports?

I honestly couldn't give a f...k about any English team but not selling out be4 today is embrassing

Were Arsenal not in a Champions League knockout stage game a few years ago and couldn’t sell their away allocation.

Some teams in England don’t deserve what they have.

Why I was really glad for Ajax tonight.

There is no gap closing. City are a million miles away from Liverpool and Man Utd. They are a small time outfit that hit the jackpot with a free(ish) stadium and despicable owners that should never have been allowed into the game. Buying a few titles by cheating financially changes nothing.
Seriously you're starting to sound like those of the east end piggery and other fans of Scottish clubs who have stated the self same idiotic attitude towards Rangers when the EBT payments were being investigated. Maybe take a step back and think about that.

They have always played in a richer league and so have had greater resources. We have played in 4 European finals. They have played in one.

Money wasn't always as big a factor as it is now though, money has ruined the game imo.
If you kept up with the thread you wouldn't be asking me how I compare the supports, already said several times that in that regard we are much bigger, we always have been so by that same token we had better resources than them when the money factor was based on paying customers and not so much rich investors.

Total Joke , take away the money and they’d mostly all be small clubs. Mcmanaman said tonight both spurs and Man City are stronger than Barca , the arrogance of these pundits does my head in.

Total Joke , take away the money and they’d mostly all be small clubs. Mcmanaman said tonight both spurs and Man City are stronger than Barca , the arrogance of these pundits does my head in.
They really wouldn't, this is exactly what I took issue with initially, they aren't massive clubs but aren't small clubs either.

They really wouldn't, this is exactly what I took issue with initially, they aren't massive clubs but aren't small clubs either.

Man City aren’t a small club ? Man City who until being bought over by billionaires had only a handful of trophies and played many years not even in the top division. And now can’t sell out a stadium for a European quarter final. If they hadn’t been bought over they’d be lucky to still be in the premier league. Your idea of a big club obviously differs from mine.

Man City aren’t a small club ? Man City who until being bought over by billionaires had only a handful of trophies and played many years not even in the top division. And now can’t sell out a stadium for a European quarter final. If they hadn’t been bought over they’d be lucky to still be in the premier league. Your idea of a big club obviously differs from mine.
Yes, Man City have never been a small club.
You do realise there are more than 2 sizes of football club aye?
Are Juve a small club? They never sold out tonight.

Relative supports ? Well for a start, both Rangers and Man City have never had love ins with the filth. Do you ever think about what you’re posting ?

Yeah, and if Liverpool hadn’t access to the Yankee dollar billions, they’d be another Everton.

I still don’t understand how it’s average?

They are averaging nearly 50,000 folk this season, because they don’t have 60 - 70 thousand fans surely that doesn’t make them average?

They had a loyal fan base of 35,000 plus when they were in the lower leagues, they had won titles and cups and a European trophy before the oil money rolled in.

Everything about them is the complete opposite of ‘average’

Bang on. I hate this not a real club pish. They only have a certain number of fans but the massive majority of those fans are great fans who have followed them through the leagues and who have suffered in the shadow of Man U for decades. Personally, I’m delighted for their support.

I can’t get my head around the City support or rather the lack of it. The poor f.uckers suffered for years and stood by their team yet these days they have a plethora of brilliant footballers, playing exciting football under a charismatic and daring coach and they rarely sell out.
It’s like Chelsea when Abromovich took over except everyone wanted to go and watch them. Greater Manchester has a population almost totalling 3 million people, surely to Christ there are 50k people in the area that are willing to attend a football match?
For me the club is far removed from the one that languished in the lower divisions, it now stinks of a new club which for me is a shame because their real fans have been through hell. In saying that IMO they will never be the equal of a Man Utd or Liverpool.

Laughable . The EPL sickens me.

Praying Ajax can win the tournament . If not then Spurs who at least have real history .
What history is that then mate?

It’s not the EPL, it’s Man City.
Ffs:)):))

There is no gap closing. City are a million miles away from Liverpool and Man Utd. They are a small time outfit that hit the jackpot with a free(ish) stadium and despicable owners that should never have been allowed into the game. Buying a few titles by cheating financially changes nothing.
Lol, your losing the plot mate ffs.

Spare me the trajectory pish. city will never be Liverpool. They just don’t have it in them. No-one likes them, they are plastic shite, no matter how many titles they buy and how many pish films they put out to try and sell the image that the UAE are the good guys.

Nah the rest aren’t responsible for human rights abuses on a massive scale (well maybe Abramovich?). Just ask Sheikh Mohammed’s daughter what the UAE is like.
You've officially lost the plot mate ffs.
Over a period of time your bitterness has taken over your daily life.
Ok you Don't like city or Chelsea,we get that and that's ok but come on mate do your self a favour and step back and take a look at your posts.
Deluded.

There are, but not many. Two in England plus us and the filth. Any other candidates would be up for debate.
I’d say in England Utd,Liverpool,Arsenal,Spurs,Everton and Villa are definitely bigger clubs Chelsea,Newcastle,Sunderland and Wolves are at least the same in terms of fan base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back