Man City v Spurs not sold out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money wasn't always as big a factor as it is now though, money has ruined the game imo.
If you kept up with the thread you wouldn't be asking me how I compare the supports, already said several times that in that regard we are much bigger, we always have been so by that same token we had better resources than them when the money factor was based on paying customers and not so much rich investors.
So, they aren’t a big club. They aren’t a Rangers or Liverpool and never will will be. I have said often enough what this pathetic joke of a club are and where they would be without their owners. Nothing. Zero. Chanpionship. They don’t deserve my breath.

Nou Camp about 3k off a sell out last night, tinpot club.
So, they aren’t a big club. They aren’t a Rangers or Liverpool and never will will be. I have said often enough what this pathetic joke of a club are and where they would be without their owners. Nothing. Zero. Chanpionship. They don’t deserve my breath.
You have wasted plenty of your breath on them in this thread alone tbf.
I think you will struggle really hard to find where I said they are a 'big' club, you seem to struggle generally so this won't be new to you, all I said was they aren't a 'small' club.
Are you another one who can't quite grasp that there are various sizes of football clubs and not just big and small?

‘ They don’t deserve my breath ‘

That is the funniest thing you have ever thrashed on your keyboard. You are the biggest Blue Moon howler on here lol......

That’s unfair mate City are a real club who have a hard core fan base of 40000 who stuck with them as the bounced about the leagues. Anything above that number is pushing it. I had a mate who was a big City fan and he said it was just a fact that they weren’t as big as Man U. They aren’t a ‘tin pot’ club they’re a decent sized team that in effect won the lottery.

I’ve nothing against Spurs but where do they get 62000 fans from? I’d imagine a lot of EPL tourists?
I can guarantee you that Spurs will have filled their entire allocation tonight, they have a huge travelling support.

This is City fans trying to say UEFA are too hard on them for cheating, I mean bending financial fair play rules(cheating). Get a fucking grip, you are still in the competition go and support your club you bunch of twats. I think I am actually starting to hate Man City more than Man Utd.

This is a medium sized club who have been lucky to get a wealth owner. They have clearly bent some rules regarding financial fair play to gain advantage over others. They are lucky to only escape with a fine, them and PSG should probably be removed from the competition.

Yes, yes you did and that's what I took you up on but you started moving the goalposts and today claimed it was because you said they weren't big clubs, there is a difference and that's why I then challenged you on it today.
I've already said earlier today that I see them as smaller than Rangers, you said in every way which is not exactly true though.
I said they’re a small club with plenty of money.
Frankly, the “small club” thing was/is a bit of a metaphor.
They’re, quite obviously, not small like, for example, Bury or Accrington
I’d maybe thought that this was obvious and that it didn’t need to be qualified but, it would appear I got that majorly wrong.
Yes, you’re absolutely correct that there are different levels of big and small.
Funnily enough, a comment I made myself, only I posted of different levels.
Other than financially, I don’t see any other criteria where I’d consider Manchester City a bigger club than Rangers.
For me, they are undeserving of the status they currently enjoy.
Despite all this, I am actually quite happy to see them succeed.
I’d have wanted them to win their league, the cups and the CL had Gerrard not joined Rangers and diluted my disdain for Liverpool.
Now I’m happy it’ll be one of them who’ll win their league and I hope one of them win the CL as well.

it would appear I got that majorly wrong.
You did, glad you realise that now
Yes, you’re absolutely correct
I knew that already.
Other than financially, I don’t see any other criteria where I’d consider Manchester City a bigger club than Rangers
Neither do I as I have made clear on numerous occasions.
Despite all this, I am actually quite happy to see them succeed.
Plenty of your recent posts clearly suggest otherwise but ok, if you say so.
Now I’m happy it’ll be one of them who’ll win their league and I hope one of them win the CL as well.
Did you not just say on another thread you hope Ajax beat Spurs in the semi:rolleyes:
Or was it the other City hater?
*edit* just checked, it was indeed the other City hater, my mistake.

Last edited:
Laughable . The EPL sickens me.

Praying Ajax can win the tournament . If not then Spurs who at least have real history .
And Man City don't have real history? I'm going to have a stab in the dark here and guess that you are under 30 years of age?

Tin pot club with shit loads of money. Only reason they’ve had success recent years.

Hope spurs put them out
I hate Spurs but would like to see them win tonight.

Typical stuffy city. Real Madrid and Juventus both out in their side of the draw. It really is unbelievable the luck they carry. Shite opposition in the cups all season long, domestically and in Europe, even when they hit Spurs, Kane gets injured and misses the games. I have never seen anything like it.

You want big names at the business end of the Champions League, not no marks like man city.

Imagine they win all 4 trophies, you’ll look back in 5 years time and think it impossible that they didn’t sell out a finely-balanced QF against another English team

For a team that "doesn't deserve your breath" you sure do like talking about them a lot (as well as other teams who no doubt also fall into that category), don't you?

All this big club, wee club nonsense.
Since the formation of the EPL and the mega TV rights, every club in the league has lost the identity of being regarded as proper football clubs.
They are businesses now, they all have foreign money involvement, they all have tourists as fans.
You can see them in the crowd at every TV game.
Redevelopment of their stadiums could not be done without foreign investment.
Some clubs have richer owners than others but they have all sold their sole to the highest bidder.

Typical stuffy city. Real Madrid and Juventus both out in their side of the draw. It really is unbelievable the luck they carry. Shite opposition in the cups all season long, domestically and in Europe, even when they hit Spurs, Kane gets injured and misses the games. I have never seen anything like it.

You want big names at the business end of the Champions League, not no marks like man city.

That’s not City’s fault that Madrid or Juve played shite.
City never injured Kane, he done that himself.
You can only play what’s in front of you, a bit like Liverpool drawing Porto.

I can guarantee you that Spurs will have filled their entire allocation tonight, they have a huge travelling support.

Spurs and Arsenal absolutely dwarf the support of the rest of the London clubs.

Both teams have a proud history.

Spurs and Arsenal absolutely dwarf the support of the rest of the London clubs.

Both teams have a proud history.
Aye right enough mate, two European trophies between them compared to Chelsea four, and two them where before Roman arrived.
Fuckin huge they are, huge lol.

I said in a previous post, it might be fun supporting them but would never make you proud
That's a nonsense comment to be fair, what gives you the right to tell someone who has been a City fan all his days that they can't be proud?
Seriously ridiculous thing to say, actually worse than the bangers saying they are a small club.

Juventus and Barca both failed to sell out their stadiums last night, not much of a fuss over that right enough.

Aye right enough mate, two European trophies between them compared to Chelsea four, and two them where before Roman arrived.
Fuckin huge they are, huge lol.

Mate I'm talking about the great Spurs double winning team of the 60s.

Mackay, Gilzean, Greaves, White, Smith, Blanchflower etc etc..

I'm only 26 and I've heard of all these players.

Spurs were successful before money dominated the game and it was traditionally British players who made up the 11.

Absolutely no slight on Chelsea mate.

I was only stating the obvious about the fan bases of Arsenal and Spurs.

Jesus Christ that's beyond even your craziest ramblings mate.
Fuckin hell,if city win tonight your keyboards going to explode:mad::)).

[/QUOTE]
Absolutely.

I wish it was us.

However, let's not pretend that we aren't a club 10 times the size of City excluding their Arab owner
I’d bet Manchester City, from top to bottom, along with many others, would love to have the status in football that Rangers have.
Of course, they wouldn’t give up what they have going for them now but, you’ll get my point.

Spurs were successful before money dominated the game and it was traditionally British players who made up the 11.

You 'll remember the Chelsea teams which included Greave's, tambling etc, bonetti, Cooke,webb,osgood who beat Real Madrid in the 1971 European cup winners final 2-1 after drawing 1 each in the first game on the wednesday then winning the replay on the Friday.
They weren't to shabby either, knocking out that so called small club Man city in the semi final 2 nil on aggregate on the way to the final.
Also Chelsea are the only British club to win all four European cups that have been available.
Unlike Woolwich and spuds who have no European pedigree worth talking about.
Not bad for a club with no history eh?

Quite incredible.

We would have sold out the entire stadium, just to our own fans - and there would still be people looking for tickets afterwards.

At their best, Man City are breathtaking to watch and are more than good enough to challenge the best in Europe.
That's all I care about. The size of fan base, or what they've won in the past doesn't matter to me.

If Rangers don't win it, I just want to watch the best teams with the best players compete for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back