Man U getting horsed 2-0 at home by Burnley

Wonder if they give him a chance to spend some cash in the transfer window before he goes.

It is now coming home to roost that Man United weren't really a big team after all - they were just lucky that they had one of the best managers on the planet at the helm for so long.

Gonna be a long road back for them but they don't seem interested in getting even the basics right, just a money making organisation at present.

I'll disagree with you here.

They are a major football institution.

Whether it became such an institution as such after, or because of Munich, 58, I couldn't say. But they are a massive club.

But what's happening here is history repeating itself.

They threw money and managers to try and maintain what Matt Busby gave them. That only happened when a certain Alex Ferguson became manager, and his jaikit was on the proverbial shoogly nail in 1989/90 in particular. I could be wrong but I reckon he'd have been binned if they didn't win an FA Cup tie v Notts Forest that season.

Now of course, they've had a few managers and umpteen millions spent trying to replace Alex Ferguson.

What's added more grist to the red mill is the team across the city matching anything they have ever produced football wise, at least domestically, and of course that lot up the road on Merseyside, skooshing the league this season, and look like being top of the heap for a wee while to come.

Just my take on something I couldn't give two fc_ks about.

Surely he’ll be sacked, god knows who’d want that job. Too much pressure and your teams shite. Man Utd are struggling big time hence how he’s the manager

Alex Ferguson is not daft. They can dress it up as retirement but he knew the end to their domination was coming. Since his departure they have made mistake after mistake trying to restore that domination.

The premier league is utter dross this year apart from Liverpool. United are 5th with only 34 points after 22 matches. The gap between 5th and 14th is only 4 points, even City aren't up to their standard of the last couple of seasons. Ole should have been sacked a couple of months ago but it's not just him, United need to completely rip it up, sack everyone, bin plenty of the squad and just completely start fresh, might mean their struggle continues for a couple more seasons but there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Right now United dont show any signs of improving and will fall deeper and deeper into mediocrity the longer they keep spending big thinking a few signings will change everything

I'll disagree with you here.

They are a major football institution.

Whether it became such an institution as such after, or because of Munich, 58, I couldn't say. But they are a massive club.

But what's happening here is history repeating itself.

They threw money and managers to try and maintain what Matt Busby gave them. That only happened when a certain Alex Ferguson became manager, and his jaikit was on the proverbial shoogly nail in 1989/90 in particular. I could be wrong but I reckon he'd have been binned if they didn't win an FA Cup tie v Notts Forest that season.

Now of course, they've had a few managers and umpteen millions spent trying to replace Alex Ferguson.

What's added more grist to the red mill is the team across the city matching anything they have ever produced football wise, at least domestically, and of course that lot up the road on Merseyside, skooshing the league this season, and look like being top of the heap for a wee while to come.

Just my take on something I couldn't give two fc_ks about.
They are a big club obviously, but they did get lucky as their success came just as football became ‘trendy’ in the 90s and all the casual/ Chinese fans started supporting them...if it had happened 10 years earlier Liverpool would have got that.
Actually probably made a big difference to the cities also I think...Manchester gets everything these days compared to Liverpool...football /oasis etc think had a big impact on that 25 years ago.

Alex Ferguson is not daft. They can dress it up as retirement but he knew the end to their domination was coming. Since his departure they have made mistake after mistake trying to restore that domination.
Bet he’s quite happy...worse they get better his legacy looks...

Just saw the chances they missed on MOTD. Defoe would have had a hat trick down there tonight. I just hope Ole doesn’t come in for him.

giphy.gif

Ole's at the wheel!

The manager is the least of the problems at Man U.
The squad is dire despite the money blown on transfers and wages and the Glazers don't really care as long as the share price holds up.

Don't think your completely wrong

He's a top manager, and I don't think he expected them to end up this bad but I do think your on the money that he seen his squad was done for soon and left before it happened so he didn't have to deal with it

He was a bit selfish and should have bedded in young players for the next manager, instead he passed on a shit storm. You could argue fergie was the best and worst thing to happen to United

The premier league is utter dross this year apart from Liverpool. United are 5th with only 34 points after 22 matches. The gap between 5th and 14th is only 4 points, even City aren't up to their standard of the last couple of seasons. Ole should have been sacked a couple of months ago but it's not just him, United need to completely rip it up, sack everyone, bin plenty of the squad and just completely start fresh, might mean their struggle continues for a couple more seasons but there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Right now United dont show any signs of improving and will fall deeper and deeper into mediocrity the longer they keep spending big thinking a few signings will change everything
Exactly mate. They spend big but it gets them nowhere. Money is part of their problem.

Go back to the drawing board, refresh your team with young up and coming players relatively cheap, build them up then in 2-3 seasons time when you've got a full squad on target make your attempt at the league

Right now they're just splashing out all sorts of money and hoping it fixes their problem, all that does is get players who are there for the money, not players who are there for the club.

Looking to forward to Solskjaer’s pathetic press comments tomorrow.

‘Burnley really celebrated their goals, that shows how far we’ve come.’

I long to draw them in the Europa if we get past Braga in what will be the harder game.

Last season or so before Ferguson left seen squad players become first team players and it's continued. They spend big but need a clear out of half the squad. Ole is completely lost and has no managerial experience to justify the job. Unless they get a good manager in and sell half the squad then they'll be in the shadows for years....won't be sorry to see that.

Woodward will throw the manager under the bus to try and keep the spotlight off himself.
So many problems at the club.

Wouldn't be surprised if they recycle Ryan Giggs again or some other mediocre manager. They could be 33 points behind Liverpool this week and still be in 5th place, that league is a real shambles this year.

I think they'll hold off on a new manager until after the transfer window shuts.
Gives them an excuse not to spend on transfers until the summer.

I like Ole but he's never a manager. Far too nice for that dressing room. They are all needing told to be football players first and social media "influencers" second. They don't seem to mind getting beat.

The amount of money man Utd have wasted on players is frightning,80 million Harry Maguire,absolutely criminal.the list is endless

I'd love to draw them if we get by Braga.
Our EL form would make us favourites in my eyes.
UTD are poor, I had a treble on Burnley, Motherwell and Killie last night.
Pity the last never won.

The way Liverpool, City and the rest are going/buying UTD are at least 5 seasons away from catching up, if they ever will.

Our EL form would make us favourites in my eyes.
UTD are poor, I had a treble on Burnley, Motherwell and Killie last night.
Pity the last never won.

The way Liverpool, City and the rest are going/buying UTD are at least 5 seasons away from catching up, if they ever will.

I said that to a Utd supporting work mate at the start of the season they were atleast 5 years off the pace. They cant see it. Deluded.

Back