Marcelo Bielsa - a realistic target for us?

John Knox's Trumpet

I don't think Wilson is doing his job properly if we haven't already sounded him out to find out if he would be interested.

It's not about money with Marcelo - it's about the project and whether it's something that interests him rather than finances.

He would be a sensation for us imo.

I think we all know where this is heading with Gio in the coming weeks and months. If we lose the semi final, which I fully expect we will as it stands, then I think a majority of Bears will turn on him and want a change.

Can’t see that being a popular choice on here going on how he was viewed at Leeds.

He’s not very pragmatic, but then neither is their fat coach and it’s working out alright for him.

Can’t see that being a popular choice on here going on how he was viewed at Leeds.

He’s not very pragmatic, but then neither is their fat coach and it’s working out alright for him.
We don't need to be pragmatic domestically, thats one of our main issues.

I'm not saying we should go for him but we need an attacking coach who wants to bury these diddy teams before half time.

I can see why it works in Scotland - every team (bar us and Celtic) isn’t good enough to get back in the game as they’ll already be 3/4-0 down.

He’d be a great shout in Scotland, but I’m not sure how we’d fare in Europe,

He’s all out relentless attack and that’s what you need here.

He doesn’t scream Rangers manager in my mind. Maybe if we had a strong squad and guaranteed Champions League group football.

I'm not saying we should go for him but we need an attacking coach who wants to bury these diddy teams before half time.
I don’t disagree. Just saying he doesn’t get much respect from people on the forum so I can’t see the majority being keen on that idea. His approach can be a big issue if you have one of the worst sides in the league, but that wouldn’t be an issue here.

If some players don't buy into his way of playing then it's fucked, as everyone needs to be pulling the same way.

The Leeds fans were massive fans of his, not sure what you're getting at?
I’m talking about how people on this forum
viewed him while he was at Leeds. Although the majority had clearly only seen his Leeds team in the EPL, where they have one of the worst squads going btw.

Neither had Gerrard as a manager. Give Lowry and others a chance once the league is decided.
Gerrard hadn't won anything, because he hadn't manages anyone though.
Biesla has been a manager for 20+ years and never won anything.
Strange comparison.

People have a cheek pontificating about how the manager should do this or that, yet feel empowered to come out with nonsensical garbage like this.

What we need is an attacking manager who isn’t afraid to take risks and attack against the dross and just throttle them.

What we have currently is a pound land negative Jose and it’s mind numbing to watch him struggling to get basics right.

Sickened at the state of the domestic side of things. He has to go in the summer

I think that's where a lot of us failed in evaluating the fat Aussie.

His "burst a lung and have it buried by half time" tactics wouldn't work in a proper league with competitive mid-table teams. There's a reason not everyone is doing it and people were right about that.

What everyone failed to account for is that teams in Scotland are absolutely fcking shite outside of the top 2, and 45 minutes of effort is enough to bury them with no chance of a come back.

His game wouldn't work anywhere but this shitehole (as proved in Europe)

Gerrard hadn't won anything, because he hadn't manages anyone though.
Biesla has been a manager for 20+ years and never won anything.
Strange comparison.

Has he ever managed a team expected to win a league?

What had the Fat Aussie won before coming over and ripping this sh*t league we play in apart?

Just what we need a manager who who doesn't have a clue how to defend. His Leeds team wasn't even that good to watch.

Maybe a good coach but has won very little in a career that spans a fair time now.

Be a disaster for us.

I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt here and assuming this is intentional comedy :D
No what I mean is we shouldn’t speculate at this stage. Realistically who could we get anyway, we all have our ideas mine would be knutsen or Beale and I’d also take Mourinho as a proven winner who I think could add gravitas back into the role if things don’t work with GVB

Last edited:
"I don't think Wilson is doing his job properly if we haven't already sounded him out to find out if he would be interested"

Our manager left or something?

Back