Marcelo Bielsa - a realistic target for us?

No what I mean is we shouldn’t speculate at this stage. Realistically who could we get anyway, we all have our ideas mine would be knutsen or Beale and I’d also take Mourinho as a proven winner who I think could add gravitas back into the role if things don’t work with GVB
So you said it was disrespectful to speculate then immediately speculated! :D

Generally speaking, the next gaffer would be the first time I didn’t have a clear favourite in mind. Don’t envy the “selection committee”!

A tad early to be throwing managers names about when we have not long appointed one ,who was the overwhelming choice of most of us.

That being said
April will define him and already he has failed the first test
Huge pressure on him right now and he must show he can handle it and get us winning or it could be a new manager hunt in the summer I'm afraid.

I think he would be a decent shout if we were looking at other managers. He also brings the bonus of bringing the bielsa bucket. He can maybe lend it to some of the players to shaite themselves into when their arse goes on the pitch, the moment there's a wee bit of pressure or expectation on them .

Managers are now short term projects. They come in, win or lose then go after 2-3 seasons

I would take Bielsa but the staunch wouldn’t never see him in a pair of brogues in the dug out

I’d like Cooper who’s at Forest. Maybe too ugly to be Rangers manager but he is a very good coach.

qahszqcmp3o71.jpg

I think that's where a lot of us failed in evaluating the fat Aussie.

His "burst a lung and have it buried by half time" tactics wouldn't work in a proper league with competitive mid-table teams. There's a reason not everyone is doing it and people were right about that.

What everyone failed to account for is that teams in Scotland are absolutely fcking shite outside of the top 2, and 45 minutes of effort is enough to bury them with no chance of a come back.

His game wouldn't work anywhere but this shitehole (as proved in Europe)
Exactly, the fact that we are hanging on late in games to Ross County and Motherwell isn't right and shouldn't be happening.

We should be thumping these teams 95% of the time.

He’d be the antithesis of every successful Rangers manager we’ve ever had. That said, he’d be playing a similar brand of attack at all costs football that Fange does. Gio’s approach - I’d struggle to describe it other than “dull” - doesn’t suit our league but I’m not sure this would either.

as a leeds follower and sometimes get to games NO , its all about winning individual battles and playing at full tilt and he's thrawn as hell

I don't think Wilson is doing his job properly if we haven't already sounded him out to find out if he would be interested.

It's not about money with Marcelo - it's about the project and whether it's something that interests him rather than finances.

He would be a sensation for us imo.

I think we all know where this is heading with Gio in the coming weeks and months. If we lose the semi final, which I fully expect we will as it stands, then I think a majority of Bears will turn on him and want a change.
Yeah that attacking football with a shit defence and losing games certainly proved his tactics were spot on :rolleyes:

Also 3 and half years at Leeds played 170 games won 80 win percentage 47%

32 year career as a manger/coach win percentage 45%

While not comparable in overall careeer time Gio had a 61% win rate in 176 games over 4yrs with Feyenoord

Has he ever managed a team expected to win a league?

What had the Fat Aussie won before coming over and ripping this sh*t league we play in apart?
He won a league title in both countries he's managed in.
Aswel as the Asian cup with Australia.
If you want to make the pointless comparison to him

Would you take mourinho? For me he would be a good fit and might want to be at a club where he could win things again and regain the old spark.

He would own the haters up here
I cant see it happening in the near future, hopefully Gio turns things around anyway, but i do think Jose could be our manager one day.

It does seem like the kind of job that he would be interested in.

We don't have the money to let him be a disaster either, and that would be far more costly.
True but the board will look at his euro results and the fact that this isn't really his team. I'm sure he'll have been given assurances when he signed too. Some assurances that maybe the board maybe didn't stick to as I'd be surprised if he was told he wasn't getting any money to spend in January.

True but the board will look at his euro results and the fact that this isn't really his team. I'm sure he'll have been given assurances when he signed too. Some assurances that maybe the board maybe didn't stick to as I'd be surprised if he was told he wasn't getting any money to spend in January.
His euro results should be the last on the list of where he is judged. If the board think those results will magically translate to the domestic side of things despite our tragic form for months, then they are absolute fucking idiots.

Put it this way, I think the players absolutely shite it domestically and raise their game in Europe when there is little pressure. It's nothing to do with tactics or styles of play. If that is the case then how much credit does he deserve for the EL results?

Would be an absolute awful appointment. A manager who’d rather lose in his style than change it up and win thing trophies

The ultimate plan b is to do plan a better manager

His euro results should be the last on the list of where he is judged. If the board think those results will magically translate to the domestic side of things despite our tragic form for months, then they are absolute fucking idiots.

Put it this way, I think the players absolutely shite it domestically and raise their game in Europe when there is little pressure. It's nothing to do with tactics or styles of play. If that is the case then how much credit does he deserve for the EL results?
The board definitely need to look at it on the whole youre right.

The Europa results are such an outlier they can't really be explained. Dortmund for example are a shit hot team, over the last few seasons one of the Elite teams in Europe so there must be a little more to it than the players just raising their game. Maybe the Euro coaches we have are more suited to the Euro game rather than the turgid simplicity of the game here and perhaps they overthink the game here.

Would you take mourinho? For me he would be a good fit and might want to be at a club where he could win things again and regain the old spark.

He would own the haters up here

That'll be the same Mourinho who is on £6.5m per year living in Rome?

I mean, come on...

I think there zero chance gio gets the sack , look how much time Gerrard got to turn it around , he will get at least a couple of transfer windows to implement his own style , also he’s sitting at the second highest win percentage of any rangers mananger at like 69 % only behind McCoist

What we need is an attacking manager who isn’t afraid to take risks and attack against the dross and just throttle them.

What we have currently is a pound land negative Jose and it’s mind numbing to watch him struggling to get basics right.

Sickened at the state of the domestic side of things. He has to go in the summer
It’s not going to happen, mate, and I think you know that.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have reservations about Gio, but in all honesty the rush to kick him out the door has been alarmingly quick even for the fickle rump on here.

He’s working with no budget and a group of players he inherited that look like they gave up on domestic football around about this time last year.

And despite that he’s still managed to steer them further in Europe than his predecessor did.

The guy surely deserves the opportunity to build his own team before we can properly judge him?

Saying that he doesn’t and needs to go in the summer is just setting yourself up for a massive disappointment.

It wouldn’t be about money for him

Gerrard has over £25 million in the bank it didn’t stop him coming

Of course it's about money. And Gerrard was at the beginning of his managerial career.

Unrealistic managerial shouts are starting early. Look at how we and the yahoos have appointed over the years - big names seldom come, if ever.

Please naw.

Anyone whose name is Sean surely should be precluded from consideration for the top job. Nothing to do with religious background btw, it just doesn’t sound right.

P.S. we’ll see if he can pull Burnley out of the fire starting with Wednesday’s sixpointer.

Back