Martin O'Neill wants the away fans allocation restored at Ibrox and Parkhead

Hopefully not, the last few games at Ibrox have been brilliant. This has been one of the best decisions made by a Board at Rangers for a long time.

Didn’t we get beat the last time we played them at Ibrox with fans present?

Another thing for O'Neill to choke on over his breakfast toast.

As far as I'm concerned, this rancid bastard was the main instigator in relations between the two clubs deteriorating even further in the early 2000's.

Between him and Lennon, these two whipped up that club and their supporters through their own bigotry and intolerance of others, as ably demonstrated by his player losing the rag at Ibrox, being roundly mocked and then marched up towards the filth fans to be portrayed as the ever suffering victim.

Perhaps O'Neill shoud consider the part he played in the eventual reduction of the filths numbers at Ibrox, the next time he's having a hard time trying to digest that mouthful of wholemeal toast, when reminiscing about his failures ........

On the off chance you're looking in, wibble.....

11338866.jpg

"I was up at the game recently at Celtic Park behind closed doors and there was obviously no atmosphere because of the pandemic."

so the Filth were yet again breaking covid protocols by allowing random members of the public in to watch a game behind closed doors

MARTIN O'NEILL has pleaded with Celtic and Rangers to bring back proper away crowds in Old Firm fixtures for next season.

The former Hoops gaffer believes the derby is a game unlike any other in the world.

However, the Northern Irishman admits the crunch match does not feel the same with limited away supporters for the games - which has been the case for two seasons prior to this year's Covid shutout.

Of course the highly-anticipated derbies haven't been the same in the 20/21 season due to having no fans in grounds at all in line with the Government's coronavirus restrictions.

The 63-year-old now wants to see the pair bury their hatchet over the situation ahead of the new campaign and agree to restore sizable away allocations.

Speaking to the Press Box podcast: "That WB Yeats quote about 'a terrible beauty is born' I think sums up the fixture.

"There is nothing like Celtic v Rangers with a full stadium. There is something there that other derby games just don't have.

"I think of the Manchester derby, which I've played in, or Liverpool-Everton, or Liverpool-Manchester United, and I still don't think there is anything to compare with the Old Firm.

"I was up at the game recently at Celtic Park behind closed doors and there was obviously no atmosphere because of the pandemic.

"I'm hoping that, when the fans do come back to football, that Celtic and Rangers can agree that they can have their quota of [away] fans back again.

"When I was there, and you went to Ibrox, you felt you had some company, that you weren't alone when you saw the Celtic fans. And I'm sure Rangers felt exactly the same when they could fill one end of Celtic Park.

"There is the cauldron of it, there is religion in there, you can throw everything into the mix. You can use all sorts of adjectives to describe these games but there is something magical about them.

"There is an intensity that just does not exist anywhere else."
78212753.jpg

"I was up at the game recently at Celtic Park behind closed doors and there was obviously no atmosphere because of the pandemic."

so the Filth were yet again breaking covid protocols by allowing random members of the public in to watch a game behind closed doors
He was working for Sky Sports

Celtic had decades of tucking the Rangers support away in a corner, while getting an entire stand behind the goal at Ibrox - they can %^*& off.

Games at Ibrox regularly saw their supporters jumping over and on to the track, as well as their players leaving the pitch to go and celebrate with their fans.

There was a complete imbalance in the allocation and positioning of the away fans at these games between the grounds and I’m delighted that Rangers finally took action.

Don't know how it comes across on TV but being at the games I don't feel the atmosphere has been impacted.

Serious question, have you been at Parkhead with the 800 allocation? I’ve been to 2 of the 3 and there’s points you can’t even hear what our fans are singing because we’re drowned out

You can argue rights and wrongs of the cut but the atmosphere has absolutely been affected

MARTIN O'NEILL has pleaded with Celtic and Rangers to bring back proper away crowds in Old Firm fixtures for next season.

The former Hoops gaffer believes the derby is a game unlike any other in the world.

However, the Northern Irishman admits the crunch match does not feel the same with limited away supporters for the games - which has been the case for two seasons prior to this year's Covid shutout.

Of course the highly-anticipated derbies haven't been the same in the 20/21 season due to having no fans in grounds at all in line with the Government's coronavirus restrictions.

The 63-year-old now wants to see the pair bury their hatchet over the situation ahead of the new campaign and agree to restore sizable away allocations.

Speaking to the Press Box podcast: "That WB Yeats quote about 'a terrible beauty is born' I think sums up the fixture.

"There is nothing like Celtic v Rangers with a full stadium. There is something there that other derby games just don't have.

"I think of the Manchester derby, which I've played in, or Liverpool-Everton, or Liverpool-Manchester United, and I still don't think there is anything to compare with the Old Firm.

"I was up at the game recently at Celtic Park behind closed doors and there was obviously no atmosphere because of the pandemic.

"I'm hoping that, when the fans do come back to football, that Celtic and Rangers can agree that they can have their quota of [away] fans back again.

"When I was there, and you went to Ibrox, you felt you had some company, that you weren't alone when you saw the Celtic fans. And I'm sure Rangers felt exactly the same when they could fill one end of Celtic Park.

"There is the cauldron of it, there is religion in there, you can throw everything into the mix. You can use all sorts of adjectives to describe these games but there is something magical about them.

%^*& off Martin.

Is that what made you walk onto the park cuddling TLB you knob ?

It won’t happen but if it did it’s only fair we get the same percentage allocation as they get for Ibrox. We used to get the full stand behind their goal. My first game at the pigsty was the 3-1 win at New Year in 1992. Since they redeveloped their stadium they cut our allocation and stuffed us in the corner while they retained their same allocation for Ibrox.
We used to get 19,000 at the piggery before the current breeze block stadium was built

He was working for Sky.

The game we got beat certainly wasn’t brilliant and the atmosphere was woeful after Edouard scored
So on that basis we give them the whole stand? We piss off regular ST holders that support the club and team throughout the season just so twice a year some more Rangers fans can go to parkhead? Not for me, sorry. They are another club and dont deserve any special treatment.

Serious question, have you been at Parkhead with the 800 allocation? I’ve been to 2 of the 3 and there’s points you can’t even hear what our fans are singing because we’re drowned out

You can argue rights and wrongs of the cut but the atmosphere has absolutely been affected
I'll take that all day long if we get the same results as this season

No I've not been there yet

So on that basis we give them the whole stand? We piss off regular ST holders that support the club and team throughout the season just so twice a year some more Rangers fans can go to parkhead? Not for me, sorry. They are another club and dont deserve any special treatment.

Nope. I’ve already stated in this thread I wouldn’t support it reverting back to 8,000

For me, 2,500 is reasonable - all ST holders would get to go and it’s been done for some euro games + Liverpool friendly in 2009

Who cares what the %^*& he thinks.

Police wont allow it so it stays at 800. Which imo is 800 too many

Police would find a way to do so if both teams wanted it. Logistically, it’s easy to give celtic BF1/2 and BR1/2, move ST holders to the other areas - not ideal but the club move ST holders for euro games

It would also be easy to police at parkhead giving us their full corner. Disingenuous to suggest police couldn’t handle it

Give us the same percentage of their capacity that we did by letting us fill the whole 2 tiers and corner and I'd be up for that. Stick a few rows of police between us and the goon brigade and it would be a tasty atmosphere.

So we can get papped in an out of the way corner again? Gtf. I now dont get papped up the club deck come the OF.

If we were behind the goals the same as they were at Ibrox then there'd be a better argument.

Or if we could pap the scum in a wee corner

It’s only people who go to away games who aren’t happy about it.

all of our other fans think it’s brilliant, but it’s p1sh having literally no chance of a ticket for the piggery where as before it was one of the easiest tickets to get

Circa 550 tickets went to fans that weren’t classed as corporate, of that approx 350 went to the old CCCS away scheme

It would take 23 seasons for everyone on the old away CCCS away scheme to get 1 ticket through their ST for Parkhead. Biggest away game of the season and fans that travel from Ufa to Orlando, European games inbetween, can’t get a sniff

Tremendous how much this annoys them. Every couple of months there's another ex tarr.ier on greeting about it.
Keep crying scumbags - you're staying in the corner

Not just Celtic fans that it annoys.

Suppose I’m a scumbag too then?

He said old firm:shh:

I agree that it looks better and better atmosphere but keep it the way it is. We’ve been stuck in a corner and they got prime position at Ibrox

Back