Martin O'Neill wants the away fans allocation restored at Ibrox and Parkhead

I understand that but the club reserves the right to do so. I’m sure BF5, BR5, GR ST holders don’t like being moved for European games but sometimes it needs to happen
The Club reserves the right to allocate them 800 seats and has implemented that right

I assume you are affected by these moves and are ok with them?

My ST is in BF1, I used to get moved to the corner for Celtic games when it was the full allocation.

Before that I sat in GF and my friendship group were moved from BR to the CD for Celtic games

The very fact they are all greetin about getting it back, tells you all you need to know.

It is 100 percent an advantage that have at Ibrox, that ain't reciprocated in their rancid flea pit.

They WILL never see the Broomie again.
Please forgive my slight correction on your post BlueDel

Obviously, we will never have a full agreement on this and that's fine by me.
We must be the only support in the world who want to give their biggest rivals some of the best seats in their Stadium
Real Madrid and Barcelona have the right idea.

Celtic have treated our fans with disdain for decades. Karma can truly be a bitch.
Correct, they designed their stadium to stick us a corner where the cameras can’t see us.
They changed our access to one narrow corridor and we have to park miles away
They are stuck in the corner and rightly so

It’s only people who go to away games who aren’t happy about it.

all of our other fans think it’s brilliant, but it’s p1sh having literally no chance of a ticket for the piggery where as before it was one of the easiest tickets to get
Don't know if I'd agree with that mate, in all my years on CCCS I only ever got 1 away for the beggardome. CCCS only got a small percentage anyway, its not like the entire 8000 were distributed.

Until we are given the same % allocation and position in the ground (right behind the goal) as they used to get then %^*& them

MARTIN O'NEILL has pleaded with Celtic and Rangers to bring back proper away crowds in Old Firm fixtures for next season.

The former Hoops gaffer believes the derby is a game unlike any other in the world.

However, the Northern Irishman admits the crunch match does not feel the same with limited away supporters for the games - which has been the case for two seasons prior to this year's Covid shutout.

Of course the highly-anticipated derbies haven't been the same in the 20/21 season due to having no fans in grounds at all in line with the Government's coronavirus restrictions.

The 63-year-old now wants to see the pair bury their hatchet over the situation ahead of the new campaign and agree to restore sizable away allocations.

Speaking to the Press Box podcast: "That WB Yeats quote about 'a terrible beauty is born' I think sums up the fixture.

"There is nothing like Celtic v Rangers with a full stadium. There is something there that other derby games just don't have.

"I think of the Manchester derby, which I've played in, or Liverpool-Everton, or Liverpool-Manchester United, and I still don't think there is anything to compare with the Old Firm.

"I was up at the game recently at Celtic Park behind closed doors and there was obviously no atmosphere because of the pandemic.

"I'm hoping that, when the fans do come back to football, that Celtic and Rangers can agree that they can have their quota of [away] fans back again.

"When I was there, and you went to Ibrox, you felt you had some company, that you weren't alone when you saw the Celtic fans. And I'm sure Rangers felt exactly the same when they could fill one end of Celtic Park.

"There is the cauldron of it, there is religion in there, you can throw everything into the mix. You can use all sorts of adjectives to describe these games but there is something magical about them.

"There is an intensity that just does not exist anywhere else."
My first, and still my only thought, when I saw the headline was
"What the fvck does it have to to with you, ya specky wee b'stard."

My ST is in BF1, I used to get moved to the corner for Celtic games when it was the full allocation.

Before that I sat in GF and my friendship group were moved from BR to the CD for Celtic games
So you'll understand why STs dont want to move.
Can you explain why you think it more beneficial to deprive Rangers fans the opportunity of watching OF games at Ibrox than it is to allow more Rangers fans to go to parkhead?

I know it’s a totally different situation but I was glad when we gave Rangers, Celtic and Hibs full stand allocations back at Tynecastle. The away support of these teams, especially Rangers and the junkies makes the atmosphere even better.

Understand the need to keep that many vermin out of Ibrox though.

Won't be popular on here but I agree with him.

I just wouldn't want them having the full Broomloan though whilst we are stuck away in the corner at Parkhead. We should move them to another part of the ground.

I know it’s a totally different situation but I was glad when we gave Rangers, Celtic and Hibs full stand allocations back at Tynecastle. The away support of these teams, especially Rangers and the junkies makes the atmosphere even better.

Understand the need to keep that many vermin out of Ibrox though.

I mind the days when farts brought a good contingent through to Ibrox

So you'll understand why STs dont want to move.
Can you explain why you think it more beneficial to deprive Rangers fans the opportunity of watching OF games at Ibrox than it is to allow more Rangers fans to go to parkhead?

I do understand, absolutely get that fans wouldn’t want to move but I was pointing out that the club reserves the right to do so

In terms of your second point, I could give you multiple reasons and give you a large spiel but I’ll save everyone the bother of having to read it;

1) Biggest game against our rivals, we now have a generation of fans who won’t experience our biggest away game
2) Fans spend thousands travelling everywhere, for euro games/friendlies etc but can’t get a ticket
3) What I’m proposing would see all ST holders catered for. You do realise spare tickets don’t go to a public sale? So fans could buy tickets for every game but unless they’re a ST holder they won’t see Rangers play Celtic at Ibrox

There’s more to it but I've tried keeping it short. If this threads still going later tonight I’ll give you a more detailed reason

He will be persona non grata at the piggery after he’s said the dreaded true phrase, the “old firm”

That’ll be him banned from there as well soon.

I do understand, absolutely get that fans wouldn’t want to move but I was pointing out that the club reserves the right to do so

In terms of your second point, I could give you multiple reasons and give you a large spiel but I’ll save everyone the bother of having to read it;

1) Biggest game against our rivals, we now have a generation of fans who won’t experience our biggest away game
2) Fans spend thousands travelling everywhere, for euro games/friendlies etc but can’t get a ticket
3) What I’m proposing would see all ST holders catered for. You do realise spare tickets don’t go to a public sale? So fans could buy tickets for every game but unless they’re a ST holder they won’t see Rangers play Celtic at Ibrox

There’s more to it but I've tried keeping it short. If this threads still going later tonight I’ll give you a more detailed reason
Im at a lose at why people are desperate to go to that shit hole and give our rivals money. We arent going to agree so lets agree to disagree

800 fans is fu.cking shit but I’d also not support it reverting to 8,000 again

2,500 each would be ideal but it won’t happen
I wouldn't even give them 800 if we could get away with it, they had the most prominent part of the stadium in full view of cameras for their shitey displays, whilst we were stuck away in a corner where no one could see us, at best it remains as it is.

Won't be popular on here but I agree with him.

I just wouldn't want them having the full Broomloan though whilst we are stuck away in the corner at Parkhead. We should move them to another part of the ground.
The design of Ibrox doesn't lend its self to accommodate a large section of away fans other than allocate them an entire stand. The current arrangement is the best for all concerned. Look after your own fans first, and its easier to police a small number of those rodents in a small confined area like the corner.

Im at a lose at why people are desperate to go to that shit hole and give our rivals money. We arent going to agree so lets agree to disagree

Most certainly, I fully respect fans like yourself have a different opinion to me and that’s ok - would be boring if everyone agreed

For me, I enjoy going to rangers games wherever they play and I travel with the same people all over Europe and domestically. I’ve been extremely fortunate to get to 2 games at parkhead with a limited allocation but it was very much bitter sweet

Your opinion only becomes valid, if you are prepared to give up your seat to a mhankie. Or do you just want others to do so? :p

Does it? I've been going home and away since I turned 15, I've not been to parkhead since the the allocations got cut so you could argue people in my situation have given up tickets to old firm matches.

I can't be bothered entering a debate about it tbh, I just think it's tame compared to the previous set up, some of my best days following Rangers came at Celtic park and some people will never get to experience that now.

MARTIN O'NEILL has pleaded with Celtic and Rangers to bring back proper away crowds in Old Firm fixtures for next season.

The former Hoops gaffer believes the derby is a game unlike any other in the world.

However, the Northern Irishman admits the crunch match does not feel the same with limited away supporters for the games - which has been the case for two seasons prior to this year's Covid shutout.

Of course the highly-anticipated derbies haven't been the same in the 20/21 season due to having no fans in grounds at all in line with the Government's coronavirus restrictions.

The 63-year-old now wants to see the pair bury their hatchet over the situation ahead of the new campaign and agree to restore sizable away allocations.

Speaking to the Press Box podcast: "That WB Yeats quote about 'a terrible beauty is born' I think sums up the fixture.

"There is nothing like Celtic v Rangers with a full stadium. There is something there that other derby games just don't have.

"I think of the Manchester derby, which I've played in, or Liverpool-Everton, or Liverpool-Manchester United, and I still don't think there is anything to compare with the Old Firm.

"I was up at the game recently at Celtic Park behind closed doors and there was obviously no atmosphere because of the pandemic.

"I'm hoping that, when the fans do come back to football, that Celtic and Rangers can agree that they can have their quota of [away] fans back again.

"When I was there, and you went to Ibrox, you felt you had some company, that you weren't alone when you saw the Celtic fans. And I'm sure Rangers felt exactly the same when they could fill one end of Celtic Park.

"There is the cauldron of it, there is religion in there, you can throw everything into the mix. You can use all sorts of adjectives to describe these games but there is something magical about them.

"There is an intensity that just does not exist anywhere else."

We don't get to fill an end though do we Martin?

Why should we make you feel like you've friends in our ground?

The design of Ibrox doesn't lend its self to accommodate a large section of away fans other than allocate them an entire stand. The current arrangement is the best for all concerned. Look after your own fans first, and its easier to police a small number of those rodents in a small confined area like the corner.

Give the c*nts the Club Deck then up in the heavens out of sight! :D

Imo it's a far better spectacle and fan experience with the larger allocation. Nothing beats winning at Parkhead in amongst 10-12k other Bears.

I appreciate the other side of the argument as well though.

Back