Martin O'Neill wants the away fans allocation restored at Ibrox and Parkhead

There are a few thousand Rangers fans who will disagree but tens of thousands I believe will agree
All about opinions

Foresaid, I don’t dispute that. I do hope there’ll be an opportunity to debate it properly in the future though

My criteria is all ST holders are catered for first and foremost, then if there’s an opportunity to increase allocations slightly then at that point it should be done

Circa 550 tickets went to fans that weren’t classed as corporate, of that approx 350 went to the old CCCS away scheme

It would take 23 seasons for everyone on the old away CCCS away scheme to get 1 ticket through their ST for Parkhead. Biggest away game of the season and fans that travel from Ufa to Orlando, European games inbetween, can’t get a sniff
I have always had the opinion that ST holders should get them via a Ballot, going to away games does not help Rangers financially

The cnut has been unemployed for nearly two years. Who gives a fcuk what he says.

Doesn’t even get that many shots at punditry these days.

Circa 550 tickets went to fans that weren’t classed as corporate, of that approx 350 went to the old CCCS away scheme

It would take 23 seasons for everyone on the old away CCCS away scheme to get 1 ticket through their ST for Parkhead. Biggest away game of the season and fans that travel from Ufa to Orlando, European games inbetween, can’t get a sniff
800 is absolutely keek

We got the raw deal for years, the mhanks had a full end at our place, they were allowed to celebrate and rub our noses in it, the celebrations were way ott, when we went to their dump, our players were physically man handled by stewards, a wall of them were between our players and fans, we were stuck in the corner, couldn’t see us on tv etc.

Keep it the way it is.

I have always had the opinion that ST holders should get them via a Ballot, going to away games does not help Rangers financially

Maybe not directly but they use images/videos of the away support for marketing purposes that makes them money

That’s a different discussion though, and partly why I believe they turn a blind eye to RSCs using the crest on flags

Nope nae and naw! as discussed regarding that laughable Keech Jackson tripe today it’s imperative the current situation remains in place. Everyone and their Granny has yelped for years about the EVILS of the Old Firm game and we’ve had to endure the shitstorm of moral indignation usually when Rangers WIN and the filth hordes can’t take it and bedlam ensues!

With virtually no away fans in attendance now they are all whinging and missing the UNIQUE atmosphere but f@ck them! It’s staying as it is because the interests of Rangers FC comes first, Rangers fans come first and these arse holes think ra sellick should get back their full allocation when the filth fc players have acted the c@nt in recent years and NOBODY said a word in condemnation. F@ckwittery on an epic scale!

The vast majority of Rangers fans are happy with the new arrangement in fact SOME of us are actually wanting no away fans at all because Rangers are always made out to be the bad guys in this rivalry that Celtic can’t handle when it’s them getting skelped, we actually don’t need those c@nts and the garbage that comes with them to survive and prosper as we’ve proved, that’s basically it!

It won’t happen but if it did it’s only fair we get the same percentage allocation as they get for Ibrox. We used to get the full stand behind their goal. My first game at the pigsty was the 3-1 win at New Year in 1992. Since they redeveloped their stadium they cut our allocation and stuffed us in the corner while they retained their same allocation for Ibrox.

If Ibrox was bigger people who mention the percentage argumeant would be the same people saying just because Ibrox holds more doesnt matter. Should he same amount of tickets. Your never going to please everyone but say 3 thousand tickets each and I'd place them in the clubdeck.

The previous arrangement only benefited his club. It made my eyes bleed watching a full stand of those manky scumbags. One of the finest decisions our current board has made was treating them the same as every other club.

Ask the awayday travellers....I reckon majority is in favour of the otherway
Of course, they would for selfish reasons. They want to go to every game and it is not an unreasonable stance to take
Celtic would rake in a million pounds of our fans, where we would need to tell our own ST holders they couldn't get into Ibrox
Is that the position you would be happy with?

What they seem to forget is that they weren't forced to change the Parkhead allocation, it was for tit-for-tat. If they're really unhappy about the atmosphere, they're welcome to let more Rangers fans in.

Of course, they would for selfish reasons. They want to go to every game and it is not an unreasonable stance to take
Celtic would rake in a million pounds of our fans, where we would need to tell our own ST holders they couldn't get into Ibrox
with 2.500
as said above

yes, our fans deserve to see us beat them in the piggery

and nothing selfish about its the derby match

Hopefully the day never returns where our stadium is polluted by thousands of them and their bile, however if such a time comes and they get 7.5k seats in the Broomloan, we must demand 9k in an equally prominent spot behind one of their goals.

Fûck access restrictions and segregation concerns. If they get 15% of our stadium in a prime location behind a goal, we want 15% of theirs in a prime location behind a goal.

Let the scum take the hit on the loss of seats and the additional security issues due to increased segregation.

On that premise alone, there won’t ever be a return to how it used to be anyway.

So they get 8000 or so tickets a full stand with no restricted views

We get shoved in a shitey corner with around 3000 or more of our allocation restricted view where you can’t see nothing

No thanks ......

We should also be pro active in insisting the barriers remain in place during a match at the theatre of shame like they are at Ibrox , this would allow a quick emergency exit route should the need arise

But in order for parkhead to get full capacity authorisation the “ general footprint “ of the stadium must remain open meaning that in event of an emergency evacuation the Rangers support are goosed as you’d be straight out the ground into the full Celtic support with no barriers or segregation

Rangers as a club and our fans groups should insist on the same conditions that Celtic fans are given at Ibrox and if their ground capacity needs to be cut for safety reasons then so be it

Police would find a way to do so if both teams wanted it. Logistically, it’s easy to give celtic BF1/2 and BR1/2, move ST holders to the other areas - not ideal but the club move ST holders for euro games

It would also be easy to police at parkhead giving us their full corner. Disingenuous to suggest police couldn’t handle it
Disingenuous to say that I suggested police couldnt handle it. I said they wouldnt allow it. Two totally seperate issues but you know that.
Im amazed at your willingness to move ST holders to accommodate away fans juat to allow you the chance to go to parkhead twice a year. Very selfish imo

We used to get 19,000 at the piggery before the current breeze block stadium was built
When I was last in it in the early 80s our end was dangerously overpacked too. I'm obviously no expert but there were at least four or five thousand extra crammed in.

In fairness, you could argue it was selfish to make such a drastic decision without consulting all 16,000 on the away CCCS and further to that, not even explaining the rationale

I fully respect your stance on it, I know a limited amount of people in your camp - I've no issue with that.

I’ve went from wanting no change, the 8,000 status quo, to respecting the argument for change and that’s why I want 2,500 so all ST holders are looked after. It wouldn’t sit right for me to get a ticket at parkhead as a direct result of a ST holder not getting to see us play Celtic at Ibrox

We used to get 19,000 at the piggery before the current breeze block stadium was built
Going there back in the 90s was a real rite of passage for me as a youngster - it was quite something to be part of as the songs/insults were hurled from one set of supporters to the other. In those days the Rangers end accounted for about 1/3 of the overall attendance.

I’ve not been there since the 1998 Scottish Cup semi but i imagine that with such a reduce number of away fans the dynamics are quite different. However much gusto our support has, they will often be drowned out due to imbalance of numbers.

It is important to note that Celtic have manufactured it so that the TV cameras rarely show the Rangers support though. It’s another example of them and their obsession with image and it all being about them.

Like I said, I was delighted when Rangers took some action on this.

with 2.500
as said above

yes, our fans deserve to see us beat them in the piggery

and nothing selfish about its the derby match
And what about our ST holders in the Broomie?
If we got 2500 at Parkhead fans who never got one would want it raised to 3500 and on and on
I have had a SB/ST since 1971 but never got a ticket in the Ballot for Manchester 08, I never complained about it because that was the allocation and I was not picked
Such is Life

Disingenuous to say that I suggested police couldnt handle it. I said they wouldnt allow it. Two totally seperate issues but you know that.
Im amazed at your willingness to move ST holders to accommodate away fans juat to allow you the chance to go to parkhead twice a year. Very selfish imo

See my other replies in this thread - I want NO ST holders to miss out on the games, I’ve made it clear

Moving seats is something that happens regularly for European matches without much complaint. In what way is that any different?

Police would find a way to do so if both teams wanted it. Logistically, it’s easy to give celtic BF1/2 and BR1/2, move ST holders to the other areas - not ideal but the club move ST holders for euro games

It would also be easy to police at parkhead giving us their full corner. Disingenuous to suggest police couldn’t handle it
Am in BRI with my son and certainly dont want shifted to give the scum fans our seats twice a season

Wibble being vocal again after years of silence.....they haven't offered him the job have they? Nah surely not lol

Am in BRI with my son and certainly dont want shifted to give the scum fans our seats twice a season

I understand that but the club reserves the right to do so. I’m sure BF5, BR5, GR ST holders don’t like being moved for European games but sometimes it needs to happen

See my other replies in this thread - I want NO ST holders to miss out on the games, I’ve made it clear

Moving seats is something that happens regularly for European matches without much complaint. In what way is that any different?
I assume you are affected by these moves and are ok with them?

Eff off Martin. Funny how there's now a cry for this when we're firmly on top. He wants their clear advantage back again. They have well and truly burned their boats on this in so many ways - "not half of anything" and "no old firm" being just the latest". They are not priviliged in any way, same as other teams. We should never go back.

There will still be 50/50 crowds when we meet them at Hampden which will come up often enough. No need whatever to change the current set up and that will make any Hampden games a bit more different.

Obviously, we will never have a full agreement on this and that's fine by me.
We must be the only support in the world who want to give their biggest rivals some of the best seats in their Stadium
Real Madrid and Barcelona have the right idea.
Celtic have treated our fans with disdain for decades. Karma can truly be a bitch.

Back