Match Day Thread - A genuine question to the negative people

SuperTed85

I have no issues with people criticising certain players, or criticising the team as a whole

But the posters who, after 25 mins say things like:

"We are not winning this, are we?"

"May as well turn off now, we are never winning this"

"No chance we are going to score 1, never mind 2"

Why do you not give the team a chance to use the whole 90 minutes to get the result?

Why do you forecast a negative result, do you 'want' to be right on that prediction?

Have you never seen Rangers win games after falling behind? Yes we have thrown results away in the past, but surely you must be aware that we are capable of coming from behind to win games

If you are so convinced we won't win the game why do you continue to watch?

I am so tempted to create a 'name and shame' thread after a game, and screenshot posts from some of our fans who throw the towel in during the first half, and see what they have to say for themselves

Does anyone have an insight as to why people give up in the first half?

I have no issues with people criticising certain players, or criticising the team as a whole

Why do you not give the team a chance to use the whole 90 minutes to get the result?

Why do you forecast a negative result, do you 'want' to be right on that prediction?

Have you never seen Rangers win games after falling behind? Yes we have thrown results away in the past, but surely you must be aware that we are capable of coming from behind to win games

I am so tempted to create a 'name and shame' thread after a game, and screenshot posts from some of our fans who throw the towel in during the first half, and see what they have to say for themselves

It's a comfort blanket coping mechanism. Their prediction that things will go wrong helps to soften the blow when it does. I find it infuriating.

Because they are fuds, and if it wasn't for the internet and forums like this no one would ever interact with them.

In real life, people see them coming and go "Oh FFS, it Baz, f*cking arse he is, do not make eye contact, do not engage in conversation. Hide that empty chair FFS!!!!!"

We do have the equivalent on here, use the ignore button. Use it well, and use it often. There are more of them out there than you think.

Because they are fuds, and if it wasn't for the internet and forums like this no one would ever interact with them.

In real life, people see them coming and go "Oh FFS, it Baz, f*cking arse he is, do not make eye contact, do not engage in conversation. Hide that empty chair FFS!!!!!"

We do have the equivalent on here, use the ignore button. Use it well, and use it often. There are more of them out there than you think.
I'm gonna get pelters for this, but where in the 'ignore' button?

Please, please name and shame.

Some drama here on a Saturday night would be nice.

I always enjoy reading them back after we've won, especially when we come from behind.

My favourite today was "please anybody else other than Tav hit this free kick"...
And those are the screenshots I want to post after the game, on a 'name and shame' thread

Anyone who predicted we'd batter them 4 or 5 nil I would not name and shame, because at least they have faith and confidence in the team

But to give up after 25 minutes is unreal!

After 25 mins, we where passing the ball out of play. Our best chance in the first half came from a Livingston player who nearly put the ball in his own net.

It's not about good or bad

But my question is why don't they give the team 90 minutes, rather than 25
I think my posts answers all your questions to be honest.

People are different, and in real life we can choose to associate with people as we like. On a forum we have no option but to read opinions from people we would have nothing to do with in the real world.

I always enjoy reading them back after we've won, especially when we come from behind.

My favourite from today was "please anybody else other than Tav hit this free kick"...
When Arfield equalized after my initial yyeess!!! my first thought was “all the whining and moaning about his years extension on FF and some posters throwing their rattles out of the pram,in just five mins from coming on,he’s just shown why gio was right to want him to stay”

This doesn't fully explain it as I think certain personality types act like that more often, but I think some of the 'banter years' scar tissue is still there with a lot of people, like they feel guilty to be optimistic or something, as they got punished for it a lot years ago

99.9% of posters have said things that have turned out to be total nonsense.

As long as you aren’t being abusive towards others it’s perfectly normal to see a sizeable amount of people talk nonsense or let the way the game is going cloud their opinions for a while.

Strange to pretend that isn’t the case, it’s a football forum not wikipedia.

It's not about good or bad

But my question is why don't they give the team 90 minutes, rather than 25
You could argue the team only played 45 minutes today

If they started the game the way they played in the second half, there wouldn't be any opportunities to be negative

Totally agree. Match threads are a last resort for me if I can't follow the game anywhere else.

Probably is a coping mechanism but it brings everyone else down. If they do that on a match thread then they are likely to be the same at a game, and if they are like that at a game they are worse than a man down.

So many people don’t seem to understand the emotions football supporters go through during a match on a football forum.
I understand them perfectly well, I just personally find people reacting to things with the emotional rationality of a toddler in a huff oddball behaviour.

It’s the internet! The internet is full of whoppers

For many supporters, football always has and always will be a means to vent one’s spleen and let off steam. Asking your run-of-the-mill supporters to take a measured to view during a match When things are not going to plan is just asking a bit much

I've watched fitba for close to 60 years. During the course of 90 mins it is entirely normal to go from, "We are utter dugs' jobbies" to "By Christ are we good".

You also have to factor in the true truth that we have the most crabbit-faced support in world football.

So match threads are a product of both of those.

I very rarely venture into a match thread these days.
They are awash with absolute fucking fruitcakes, which is a shame for the fine OP gentleman who makes them, whoever he may be. He deserves better.

My issue though is that whenever the impatient knob ends ultimately show themselves up with their panty wetting nonsense posts(then disappear), the subsequent quoted posts from gleeful proper fans often get deleted in a pique of "don't be a smart arse " manner from admin (which probably isn't from the fine gentleman who compiles the match threads).

Anyway, I say let the fuckers be humiliated, they deserve it.

Meercats.... react without thinking

As said like been down the boozer after 8 pints and slating a player then they score

I'll never forget the Konterman wondergoal

Id spent the entire 80 odd minutes slagging him off in the boozer non stop then BOOM

I took pelters and rightly so

I tend to just pop into match threads now and again at halftime to give my thoughts as it doesn't really bother me all the negativity

Pinch of salt

Back