Match Day Thread - A genuine question to the negative people

I have no issues with people criticising certain players, or criticising the team as a whole

But the posters who, after 25 mins say things like:

"We are not winning this, are we?"

"May as well turn off now, we are never winning this"

"No chance we are going to score 1, never mind 2"

Why do you not give the team a chance to use the whole 90 minutes to get the result?

Why do you forecast a negative result, do you 'want' to be right on that prediction?

Have you never seen Rangers win games after falling behind? Yes we have thrown results away in the past, but surely you must be aware that we are capable of coming from behind to win games

If you are so convinced we won't win the game why do you continue to watch?

I am so tempted to create a 'name and shame' thread after a game, and screenshot posts from some of our fans who throw the towel in during the first half, and see what they have to say for themselves

Does anyone have an insight as to why people give up in the first half?
Match threads are a good mix usually, there's pessimistic, optimistic and on the fence supporters, and then there are the sneaky trolls who are only on for the wind up.

I always enjoy reading them back after we've won, especially when we come from behind.

My favourite from today was "please anybody else other than Tav hit this free kick"...

I would say the opposite too. Tavs free kicks last season kept us in games and i'm sure he will continue this season to keep our head above water to win games.

He's not going to score from every free kick, but his scoring percentage from a free kick is superb.

We are a fickle bunch of supporters though. Think i just went off on one there. :))

Last edited:
Back