Match Day Thread - A genuine question to the negative people

1st game nerves got to lots of people today, good end result after 90 min on a bad pitch against a stubborn team away from home.
Why JS started on a plastic pitch was the height of my worrying .

The game in general and the match thread are all about opinions but posts that say something like "I've got a bad feeling about this game" or similar should be called out.

Don't just put a negative comment without backing it up with reasons. If nothing else it would force these negative posters to think more before they post.
I'll be honest at about 65/70 minutes after we had a goal disallowed tavs header that rolled along the line, borna hitting the bar then tilman hitting at the keeper I thought its going to be one of those days but there's people thinking like that after 5 minutes haha

I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with expression your immediate feelings during a match.

If you were watching as a neutral you wouldn't care, and the thread would be much more balanced.

As it is, it really shows how much people care. People can be negative, and I'm one of them, but it's because they really feel the pain of losing or the joy of winning.

I think it's a great place to see that there's all different types of people supporting the team, and those people are all entitled to share their own experience of the game.

It's the single best thing about being on this forum.

It's a prepare for the worst and hope for the worst I think. I'm ever the optimist, according to some that's just as toxic, I don't see it I think its brilliant:D

I very rarely venture into a match thread these days.
They are awash with absolute fucking fruitcakes, which is a shame for the fine OP gentleman who makes them, whoever he may be. He deserves better.

My issue though is that whenever the impatient knob ends ultimately show themselves up with their panty wetting nonsense posts(then disappear), the subsequent quoted posts from gleeful proper fans often get deleted in a pique of "don't be a smart arse " manner from admin (which probably isn't from the fine gentleman who compiles the match threads).

Anyway, I say let the fuckers be humiliated, they deserve it.
Match day threads are full of cants who are in no way Rangers supporters. I’ve been banned multiple times calling these cants out. As you say, they then disappear when we get back into a game.

The majority of them know %^*& all twice about football or are just trolling. This is my first post since the end of last season as I got banned for what I would call mild abuse of a troll twat.

I no longer read match threads as I only get banned for calling out the cuntos.

I have no issues with people criticising certain players, or criticising the team as a whole

But the posters who, after 25 mins say things like:

"We are not winning this, are we?"

"May as well turn off now, we are never winning this"

"No chance we are going to score 1, never mind 2"

Why do you not give the team a chance to use the whole 90 minutes to get the result?

Why do you forecast a negative result, do you 'want' to be right on that prediction?

Have you never seen Rangers win games after falling behind? Yes we have thrown results away in the past, but surely you must be aware that we are capable of coming from behind to win games

If you are so convinced we won't win the game why do you continue to watch?

I am so tempted to create a 'name and shame' thread after a game, and screenshot posts from some of our fans who throw the towel in during the first half, and see what they have to say for themselves

Does anyone have an insight as to why people give up in the first half?
First we now have a good depth of a squad, however can you honestly say we weren’t extremely poor in the first half. The second half was Gio using our squad to win us the game, with a different attitude.

I think in fairness to the negative posters, last couple of years aside there was several years where we would have dropped points today without question and those scars haven't quite healed

Welcome to the modern world. Some folk have panic attacks at the first misplaced pass others just get on with life but the one thing that brings most here sharing it with the rest of FF.

I remember at a Champions League game when I was young and some mad fella -who reminded me of Begbie in Trainspotting - was going off for 90 mins. What a experience it was being beside him. The guy would not shut up/ screaming like he needed the nearest institution and not one word of a positive nature add to that I felt the fella would kill me if I brought a positiveness to proceedings.You gotta love the mad.

I made a comment on the match thread about struggling to score 1 never mind 2...

All about reverse psychology ;)

People are commenting on what they are seeing at the time, if everyone had the same view / opinion then this forum would be pretty dull, luckily we don't!

Football fans are as fickle as they come.

You'll hear much the same at games, though you can drown it or, or don't really notice as much because there's so much else going on.

But it's just the way it is, comments and opinions given as things happen.

It's like trying to predict the future, at the end some people will have egg on their face.

Meh, aslong as we win, words are words.

I don’t mind if it’s constructive criticism and someone puts a genuine reasoned point forward. But when you see someone say we aren’t scoring today half an hour in doesn’t make sense.

Another one was “Arfield is not the quality we need to change the game” or something along these lines, then someone went on to say after the first two subs that we don’t have enough depth in the squad
My favourite one is when we lose a game like today (if we had) someone will say that we can’t win titles if we lose at Almondvale. Despite the fact the scum had a terrible record there but were still cantering the leagues. Even us drawing there in 20/21 is completely ignored.

To quote Adam Sandler from his new movie, Hustle:

"Philadelphia, baby. The best sports fans in the World. Actually, they're the worst, but that's what makes them the best"

Replace Philadelpha with Rangers.

Tbf the match day thread does its job and brings out a rollercoaster of on the spot comments, emotions, debate and opinions during games that can come back and bite you or prove you right after the 90+ mins but can be entertaining!

Must admit when we got the goal disallowed I said at the game to @ahalfallover i don’t think this our day, he continued to sing the sash in my ear. I let off a bigger cheer when he went away at 88 minutes :shh:

This. It's all very much in the moment and posters are saying what they think at the time.

I don't know how people have time to post in it anyway when the game is on. :D
Great point, I've posted a couple of times but then realised wtf am I doing. I'll miss 30 seconds or more if you end up reading some of the silly responses

I have no issues with people criticising certain players, or criticising the team as a whole

Why do you not give the team a chance to use the whole 90 minutes to get the result?

Why do you forecast a negative result, do you 'want' to be right on that prediction?

Have you never seen Rangers win games after falling behind? Yes we have thrown results away in the past, but surely you must be aware that we are capable of coming from behind to win games

I am so tempted to create a 'name and shame' thread after a game, and screenshot posts from some of our fans who throw the towel in during the first half, and see what they have to say for themselves

To be honest I’m not sure why people bother commenting on the match thread throughout the game. I’m too engrossed watching the match to bother with it if I’m not actually there.

We have fans that are naturally pessimistic but I don't doubt they love the club.

However, there are some for whom the football is just a platform to aggressively shout and swear. I sat in the Copland front a few years back for a friendly as I didn't activate my season ticket in time and 1 guy was just screaming abuse at everything, even keeping possession at the back. He didn't even stand up and cheer when we scored.

The game was just somewhere for him to vent, let off steam maybe?

There will be hundreds more like him.

Well said mate

Posters will only tend to pop onto a match day thread if somethings going wrong and they can vent off, if a games going well I know I’m too engrossed in it to post.

It's maybe just me, but the bit that I can't understand is people that post on the match thread at critical moments. The last thing I'm concerned about is telling helmutschmacker1872 my opinion on the position of the wall at a dangerous free kick.

After 25 mins, we where passing the ball out of play. Our best chance in the first half came from a Livingston player who nearly put the ball in his own net.
But that ignores two points 1. Gio does seem to have the ability to change games and 2, going by last season, we finish matches much stronger than the opposition. There was always a chance we would pull it back - and we did.

Does anyone have an insight as to why people give up in the

I avoid the match day threads like the plague.

Exactly the same people who write players off after 20 minutes as “not good enough “. Self entitled w@nkers who could do with looking up the meaning of “supporter”

The Spanish have a saying, “Los nos, ya los tiene” which literally translates as, “The nos you already have”, in essence, affirming your negativity gains you nothing.

The worst of it for me is that the same people that are writing our whole season off after 25 minutes were the same ones predicting we’d win 3 or 4 nil before kick off.

It’s a bipolar lack of realism on every level.

The Souttar thread is a perfect example of the very worst aspect to this forum. 90 competitive minutes into his Rangers career and there are dozens of clueless idiots writing him off. Some are wanting him sold before the window closes.

I'm gonna get pelters for this, but where in the 'ignore' button?
Mines retired young due to overuse!

Id say having a wee moan at how things are going is OK, bad pass, weak tackle, pick up your man, pointing actual live time things out. Same as tillman has changed, sands has composed the back 4, Jack's secured the midfield line.

He's shite, we're shite, everythings shite, player abuse, poster abuse. You're shite, stay on live topic or seriously, just log off.

Because the place is full of absolute clowns

I don’t understand the need to post during the match.

I don’t even touch my phone during the game never mind give a running commentary

It’s not just match threads, some of the abuse the row of moron’s behind me at the game were pelting Kent with any time he touched the ball yesterday was out of order. Some “supporters” they are…

I always enjoy reading them back after we've won, especially when we come from behind.

My favourite from today was "please anybody else other than Tav hit this free kick"...
giphy.gif

People always predict the worse case scenario in the hope that they're preparing themselves for it.

They're just glass half empty people.

I'm also one of these people but I usually don't post my mental gymnastics in the match day thread.

I don’t understand the need to post during the match.

I don’t even touch my phone during the game never mind give a running commentary
It’s the equivalent of being at the game and being in the Club deck and shouting to Barasic that he needs to get tighter on the winger. It is how a lot of people cope at the game or in the house they need to be talking or typing.

Like you I don’t go near the match thread when the game is on. I will glance at my phone if I have a bet on elsewhere.

We have fans that are naturally pessimistic but I don't doubt they love the club.

However, there are some for whom the football is just a platform to aggressively shout and swear. I sat in the Copland front a few years back for a friendly as I didn't activate my season ticket in time and 1 guy was just screaming abuse at everything, even keeping possession at the back. He didn't even stand up and cheer when we scored.

I eventually let my ST in Copland Rear go partly because I couldn’t take the guy in front of us. We just called him beardy bastard.

How his bright red head and face didn’t explode during a match is a mystery to me. Most negative bugger I’ve ever come across at football, ever. Everybody and everything was shite. “Simple baw. Simple baw”, was his war cry. :))

A friend of a friend of mine in Kirkcaldy used to go to Raith Rovers games at least 30mins before kick off. Left his mates in the pub just so he could get next to the dug out and shout abuse at the coaching staff and subs. He loved it.

As you say, just a form of venting.

My old man God love him R.I.P. I think he thought the more he criticized the team the more staunch it made him.
I told him about this one day when we were watching the game on TV, he was talking about his pal, who was not nearly as bad as him, that he was worse, and he looked at me like I was crazy!

Luckily for me another one of his pals was there, and he said to him kind of sheepishly, "it's true Doogie!"

There was a look of shock and recognition on his face, that it was true .
He was never as bad after that, but he still seemed to get some enjoyment out of yelling at the team on the TV for some reason.
(insert grampa Simpson yelling at clouds pic) :)

We must all have a few mates and a few family members(my old man in particular) that it can be hard to watch games with at times as they naturally get stressed during tight games or all the way through big games, and the world ends after a loss or dropping of points for a few hours.

The law of averages with the amount of posters on here will naturally mean there will be quite a few on here as well that are the same, it does not make them any less a fan but it is a pain in the arse at times to see the posts and negativity.
I just try and keep away from the forum at times on these occasions, especially the match threads.

Back