Match Day Thread - A genuine question to the negative people

I very rarely venture into a match thread these days.
They are awash with absolute fucking fruitcakes, which is a shame for the fine OP gentleman who makes them, whoever he may be. He deserves better.

My issue though is that whenever the impatient knob ends ultimately show themselves up with their panty wetting nonsense posts(then disappear), the subsequent quoted posts from proper fans seem to get deleted in a pique of "don't be a smart arse " manner from admin (which probably isn't from the fine gentleman who compiles the match threads).

Anyway, I say let the fuckers be humiliated, they deserve it.

The reason those quoted posts get deleted (not all of them to be fair to us) is that they usually contain abuse towards the person who originally made the post. And that is against the rules, and lets face it, abusing someone just for having a differing opinion from yourself, or ever a different outlook, is much worse than being a depressing arse that can get 4 uses out of a tea-bag.

I do have issues with people o want to criticise the
yers and the team.
Criticism is fine if it's constructive. The poison on this board at times is anything but.

The hyperbole and lack of nuance of the Twitter generation are just embarrassing. Any time you see someone write "This is the worst xxx I've ever seen" makes me think "Just read your post from last week and I bet you said the same thing after 30 seconds in that game too".

Even if you actually feel that way I don't understand why you would want to show the world that you are a histrionic, needy, spoiled brat without a trace of control or self-respect.

Yet worse are the two-faced pricks who slaughter a player, then, when said player bales us out, come back to post how funny it is, stick up a smiley and a wee jokey comment about jinxing things then go back to slaughtering all and sundry in their next post.

Last edited:
Because they are fuds, and if it wasn't for the internet and forums like this no one would ever interact with them.

In real life, people see them coming and go "Oh FFS, it Baz, f*cking arse he is, do not make eye contact, do not engage in conversation. Hide that empty chair FFS!!!!!"

We do have the equivalent on here, use the ignore button. Use it well, and use it often. There are more of them out there than you think.
Well said.

Generally attention seeking clueless halfwits act like this. The kind of person who claim they were some player before their knee injury at 12. TV interests include Love Island and The Only Way is Essex. Dramatic desperados who see it being all about them rather than all about the Rangers.

I have no issues with people criticising certain players, or criticising the team as a whole

But the posters who, after 25 mins say things like:

"We are not winning this, are we?"

"May as well turn off now, we are never winning this"

"No chance we are going to score 1, never mind 2"

Why do you not give the team a chance to use the whole 90 minutes to get the result?

Why do you forecast a negative result, do you 'want' to be right on that prediction?

Have you never seen Rangers win games after falling behind? Yes we have thrown results away in the past, but surely you must be aware that we are capable of coming from behind to win games

If you are so convinced we won't win the game why do you continue to watch?

I am so tempted to create a 'name and shame' thread after a game, and screenshot posts from some of our fans who throw the towel in during the first half, and see what they have to say for themselves

Does anyone have an insight as to why people give up in the first half?

Is any of this different to what you'd hear people saying at games?

I don't think so. I think normal people are usually happy once a drama queen leaves.
.....and the drama queens, being drama queens, about the drama queens ?

Granted, there are some bizarre posts in a match thread, but the whole thing should be taken for what it is, surely.

It's an open football forum.

People like to vent, it’s a perfectly normal emotion to have. It’s just that some people can’t handle the pressure of watching Rangers and trying to have an opinion, any sort of opinion, on the game at the same time.

Some people get it right, some people get it wrong. It’s a football forum where opinions differ and not one single person is right and everyone else is wrong.

Todays thread was a rolllercoaster of emotions from the minute Livi scored! We had a wave of sheer positivity that the football is back, and then they scored and all hell breaks loose!

We are a passionate fanbase from a broad church, we all have differing opinions and as long as it doesn’t verge on abusive, the match day thread can be a fun place to be!

I'll never forget the Konterman wondergoal

Id spent the entire 80 odd minutes slagging him off in the boozer non stop then BOOM
Same idea and I’ve said this on here before but I had a guy sit close to me in CR5 who had just launched into apoplexy because big Jig had taken a bad touch on the edge of the box. He managed to get something like “Oh FFS, get McCulloch tae f…” when Jig hit a screamer after the ball sat up right into the top corner. He jumps about just as happy as the rest of us. Once it all settled down again a guy behind said “So big man, Jig can stay then??” and everyone in earshot laughed. He sat with a face on him like thunder and left with 15mins to go.

Mentalist. What other word describes that behaviour?

I always enjoy reading them back after we've won, especially when we come from behind.

My favourite from today was "please anybody else other than Tav hit this free kick"...

Whenever I was at a game when we were behind and came back and won - I would come home and read through match thread in entirety was quite funny most times :)

Reactions: TN8
I think it's just the same as the constant moaners at the game. In a perverse way they think they're supporting the players by criticising loudly. Call them out and the happy clapper, accepting failure retorts will be rolled out.
Some on the match thread are definitely at it though.

I have no issues with people criticising certain players, or criticising the team as a whole

Why do you not give the team a chance to use the whole 90 minutes to get the result?

Why do you forecast a negative result, do you 'want' to be right on that prediction?

Have you never seen Rangers win games after falling behind? Yes we have thrown results away in the past, but surely you must be aware that we are capable of coming from behind to win games

I am so tempted to create a 'name and shame' thread after a game, and screenshot posts from some of our fans who throw the towel in during the first half, and see what they have to say for themselves

Drama Queens.

I think it's just the same as the constant moaners at the game. In a perverse way they think they're supporting the players by criticising loudly. Call them out and the happy clapper, accepting failure retorts will be rolled out.
Some on the match thread are definitely at it though.
Agreed, not all those posting the outlandish stuff are bears, they might as well announce themselves as Finbar O'Flynn.

The criticism of the FF match thread is the same as the criticism for the H&H post-match pods. They have a purpose, and reasoned, objective, calm rationality isn't it. If that bothers you, don't join it.

They're up, down and roundabout and full of emotional reactions. Deal with it ad stop the holier-than-thou patter.

Same idea and I’ve said this on here before but I had a guy sit close to me in CR5 who had just launched into apoplexy because big Jig had taken a bad touch on the edge of the box. He managed to get something like “Oh FFS, get McCulloch tae f…” when Jig hit a screamer after the ball sat up right into the top corner. He jumps about just as happy as the rest of us. Once it all settled down again a guy behind said “So big man, Jig can stay then??” and everyone in earshot laughed. He sat with a face on him like thunder and left with 15mins to go.

Mentalist. What other word describes that behaviour?
At least i took my shaming in good jest and had a laugh at my own expense

That is mentalist material!!!!!

People experiencing different emotions during a 90 minute game of football, who would’ve thought it eh?

I'm one of those posters and the reality is, i'm quite a negative person and always see the worst outcome. I'm getting worse as i get older too. What i will say is that when i post i am almost gearing myself up for the dissapointment but when the opposite happens i think i am that extra bit happier B-D

It's football, it's emotional. At some point I was beginning to think 'it's one of those days'.

But there are some that simply go over the top - the transfer thread is another prime example. Oddly, a couple of the worst culprits haven't surfaced for a while.

5 separate posts slagging Souttar in one hour from one contributor last week. I just don't get how you can be arsed typing the same point out in different ways for that amount of time.

The game in general and the match thread are all about opinions but posts that say something like "I've got a bad feeling about this game" or similar should be called out.

Don't just put a negative comment without backing it up with reasons. If nothing else it would force these negative posters to think more before they post.

I'm one of those posters and the reality is, i'm quite a negative person and always see the worst outcome. I'm getting worse as i get older too. What i will say is that when i post i am almost gearing myself up for the dissapointment but when the opposite happens i think i am that extra bit happier B-D
I appreciate your honesty

And I won't try and change your ways

But why type it? Why not have the process of gearing up for disappointment and just keep it to yourself? Rather than clearly show a lack of belief in the manager, his team, the players and the outcome

Some people are just wired to be negative.

Some people think their tirades are somehow related to high standards and the team aren't meeting them

Some other people refuse to acknowledge there is 2 teams on the pitch and our opposition aren't going to just let us win, and are often well drilled and have some decent players.

Sometimes we are genuinely just playing shite

Because they are fuds, and if it wasn't for the internet and forums like this no one would ever interact with them.

In real life, people see them coming and go "Oh FFS, it Baz, f*cking arse he is, do not make eye contact, do not engage in conversation. Hide that empty chair FFS!!!!!"

We do have the equivalent on here, use the ignore button. Use it well, and use it often. There are more of them out there than you think.
Aye, but eventually they go to far and once you ban them they get new user names and we have to read their drivel before we can ignore them again.

Anyone who predicted we'd batter them 4 or 5 nil I would not name and shame, because at least they have faith and confidence in the team

Have the aye?

Anybody with half a brain would have deduced that going to Livi with that pitch, first game, new signings, dodgy officials and them playing every dirty trick in the book then it could be a "potential" banana-skin.

It's probably them that were greeting!! B-)

I appreciate your honesty

And I won't try and change your ways

But why type it? Why not have the process of gearing up for disappointment and just keep it to yourself? Rather than clearly show a lack of belief in the manager, his team, the players and the outcome
Because its a forum mate and a thread about the match.i get slagged by folk round about me at Ibrox for being a total panic merchant :)) . However watching the 1st half today which i think we can all agree was abysmal and then getting no luck in front of goal up to the 70 minutes it felt like it was one of those days and my posts saying we were never going to win was based on that. Nobody loves it more than me when i am proved wrong. I'm one where i will certainly praise players when the deserve it but will also not shirk criticising (without abuse) when it is valid.

Did enjoy the comments around Kent 'regressed' and 'heart of a mouse' were the personal favourites. He didn't have a good first half but he keeps going and put a great ball in for Arfield for the equaliser that's why he's still on the park.

Majority of those being negative are the same ones on transfer thread slaughtering everyone or think Lewis Ferguson and Lyndon Dykes would help us win the league. They soon disappear until the next game when it isn't going well.

After many years on this forum I've learned that there are two things in life that you can add to the "death and taxes" reality...a) the matchday thread is rarely even remotely close to what is actually happening in the game and b) NEVER log onto the thread if Rangers drop any points for at least 48 hours.
;)

I always enjoy reading them back after we've won, especially when we come from behind.

My favourite from today was "please anybody else other than Tav hit this free kick"...
Another one was “Arfield is not the quality we need to change the game” or something along these lines, then someone went on to say after the first two subs that we don’t have enough depth in the squad

Back