Maurizio Sarri

Arminius

Official Ticketer
His tactics yesterday we’re an absolute disgrace.

Embarrassing from Chelsea. The entire team was a shambles. They seem to have been told to operate a high press but it was insipid and disorganised. It is clear it hadn’t been coached. It takes weeks of drilling this stuff in to get it to an ok level. City away is not the place to experiment with this type of stuff.

Kante being left like a fish out of water is baffling and that keeper. :eek:

Sarri’s a goner. Doomed I tell, ye, doomed. :)

Square and compass

Based on what?

They have and will continue to get good managers and one or two clowns then sack them
Based on getting the bullet constantly, do you think pep or klopp would go there?
Its now down the pecking order for jobs.
Lets face it the likes of lampard and terry held it together for them for years.
There days of winning the league are now finished.

Superrangers

There are a lot of Chelsea players for a long time who have been guilty of downing tools to get a manager sacked and this is another case of that.
Their display yesterday was a downright disgrace and I say that as no fan of Chelsea. Absolute frauds.

sw26

He seems like a guy who definitely has his way of doing things and it’s worked for him in the past, but the problem he has is that the current squad clearly isn’t up to it and Chelsea as a club take such a short term view on everything he likely isn’t going to get the chance to implement his style fully. Some question over Abramovich’s desire to continue to bankroll it also.

If he makes it another couple of weeks to the League Cup final and gets pumped again that will be that I think.

No idea where they would go next either as they have been through most of the big name managers.

Buffalo

The problem at Chelsea is not the management although he is out of his depth.

That squad and those players are and have been a disgrace for the last few years.

Literally just stop trying when they want a change.

RFC4ME

The squad are a better group of players than he is a manager.

%^*& him off and let another manager rebuild them

Bob Belcher

Official Ticketer
"Fraud" is such shite patter; Sarri, like Jorginho, doesn't seem to be suited to the style of the Premier League, but we'll likely never know what "Sarri-ball" is supposed to be because the players look like they're refusing to accept his methods. Chelsea definitely don't look anything like the Napoli team from the past three years, which was all about quick counter-attacking football and blowing opponents away.

Jorginho has looked a massive waste of money; 1 goal and no assists in the league and recycling the ball with no real purpose. Kante played as the defensive midfielder in two different, consecutive title-winning teams so to move him to accommodate Jorginho is baffling.

Taki

Why would they be fucked? Would he not just sell to another Billionaire who would continue pumping money into the club?
Sounds so simple when you say it quickly.

Chelsea owe him over £1 billion so Chelsea would need someone willing to pay at least that. I can't imagine you become a billionaire by throwing it away.

RFC97

Sounds so simple when you say it quickly.

Chelsea owe him over £1 billion so Chelsea would need someone willing to pay at least that. I can't imagine you become a billionaire by throwing it away.
Sounds interesting, I'm going to go and read about the ownership structure they have there.

Wilkinsvolley

Official Ticketer
Chelsea beginning to show what it looks like when billionaires can’t be arsed with their toy any more.

Barclay the Bear

Sarri won't last the season, and they will probably get someone in till the end of the season,,, Then I think they might go back for Rafa, as I think he will leave Newcastle,,, but if not Rafa who, there is not alot of quality about,,, Eddie Howe maybe

mark hateley

Sarri won't last the season, and they will probably get someone in till the end of the season,,, Then I think they might go back for Rafa, as I think he will leave Newcastle,,, but if not Rafa who, there is not alot of quality about,,, Eddie Howe maybe
Eddie fuuking Howe.

I feel sorry for the Chelsea fans that need to deal with that.

KopGer

He’s not out of his depth, he comes from a footballing culture where even if the players don’t agree with the coaches tactics, or see the flaws, they still obey instruction for the 90 minutes and leave it to the ownership to act.

Not this Chelsea side. They just down tools and flutter their lashes at Uncle Roman.

They’re pathetic.

jsmgers83

Not a chance Chelsea will appoint Rafa.

I was at some games when he was interim manager last time and the atmosphere was toxic - and that was even with the team winning.

The fans don't like him due to his Liverpool connection and his comments such as the 'plastic flags' that he made about us when he was Liverpool boss.

Chelsea are a really toxic club for managers and as much as it would hurt the club money wise I don't think it would be a bad thing if Roman sold up.

They really need to strip it back from top to bottom and get some long term stability at the club. They have a great youth system but its just used as a money making machine and the players aren't actually playing for Chelsea.

If they were to go down this route then I think Lampard would be perfect for the job.

MMols99

I actually quite liked his story.

Worked in banking and began coaching in what was something like the 9th Division of Italian football and worked his way up.

He had a great Napoli team before going to Chelsea, maybe he’s just more suited to the Italian game.
Like a more successful Warburton I'm sure that he was in banking an paid his way into football

Bruce_Wayne

Comparing his appointment to Caixinha...deary me!

Pretty sure Sarri won manager of the year in Serie A. He might've inherited a good Rafa Benitez team but he also had to make changes when they lost Higuain.
It took Sarri a while to get going as a manager but he's had 6 consecutive successful years in Italy prior to taking over at Chelsea.

Bruce_Wayne

Yes appointing a manager that took Napoli to 2nd in Serie A last season is definitely as bizarre as us appointing Pedro Caixinha.
Took Napoli to within 4 points of Juventus.

Reading these comments it's as if half this board thinks football begins and ends with the EPL.

Chester Loyal

One of a host of modern day managers that care more about their “style” and “philosophy” than they do about winning games.

His teams bore me to tears the way they aimlessly pass the ball about going nowhere and they constantly look suspect to a counter attack.