Max Lowe a target for Rangers

D89VhamUYAA1tm9.jpg

Matches up with how I remember him. Watched him a few times in games that weren't against us & he seemed to be strong in the tackle and decent enough elsewhere. Would be a fine signing I reckon.

Solid stats. Brush up on his passing but at least he looks for a forward pass and his defensive stats are better than I thought.

Mentioned in the Leighton Baines thread that I'd rather have someone like Lowe than Baines.

You can work on areas like passing, distribution, crossing, positioning... good points about Lowe are his pace, strength and athleticism. Not too dissimilar to a young Tavernier.

Underwhelming. He's never stood out anytime I've watched him.

We can get much better than him.

Well we have been watching diffrent games as hes stood out a mile in a few ive seen this season, Big strong and fast and can beat a player he will do for me ,

I will give you 2 names Aluko and Kamara both were rubbish on here, Lets give the guy a chance,

I think Lowe is a good player with a lot of potential, depending on the fee i am happy with him signing.

Willing to put my neck on the line the way i did with Kamara.

If it works out the same I'll be looking at your posts for all future inspiration :))

I usually think I do, I definitely wanted us to sign James Mcarthur from Hamilton at the time when folk on here were saying he was pish, despite him absolutely bossing us at Ibrox in a game that season when we had guys like Ferguson in our midfield.

Maybe they just need to stick out for me to notice, like Thomson, Brown and Naismith did when they were young, also Kamara had a cracking game against us for Dundee.

I genuinely have no recollection of Lowe, or Turnbull for that matter. Maybe an age thing!
Yip, I was the same. It was obvious he was a player. I also remember countless amount of numpties on here giving those of us who rated him grief.

At this point I don't think he's any better than Barisic but he's definitely got potential.

Hasn't really impressed me in any the games i've seen him, but if Steven Gerrard wants him in the door then I obviously back him 100% as I have total faith in our manager and his staff.

I usually think I do, I definitely wanted us to sign James Mcarthur from Hamilton at the time when folk on here were saying he was pish, despite him absolutely bossing us at Ibrox in a game that season when we had guys like Ferguson in our midfield.

In a game that we won 7-1?

I think he could be good player; it's a very big step up from anything he will have experienced before, but, again, like Stewart, it's an opportunity for him to prove himself at a club this size, and heavy with expectation to win, if indeed this speculation is true.

At this point I don't think he's any better than Barisic but he's definitely got potential.

Hasn't really impressed me in any the games i've seen him, but if Steven Gerrard wants him in the door then I obviously back him 100% as I have total faith in our manager and his staff.

I'd like to see the above stats for Barišić and compare them to Lowe.

I'd take a stab and say Lowe's are better in both a defensive and offensive way. He's also fitter thus more reliable.

Don't rate him at all I think he's vastly overrated and his physical nature add to the hype surrounding him. Fair enough launch a ball into him and he will come out on top but as Morelos has shown take him on in a physical battle and movement he's there to be got at.
Positional sense is good and demands his area, paired up with say Katic who has good ability for playing out. Pretty solid back 2. It would never happen though

Solid stats. Brush up on his passing but at least he looks for a forward pass and his defensive stats are better than I thought.

Mentioned in the Leighton Baines thread that I'd rather have someone like Lowe than Baines.

You can work on areas like passing, distribution, crossing, positioning... good points about Lowe are his pace, strength and athleticism. Not too dissimilar to a young Tavernier.
Completely agree, and I was surprised by his defensive stats too!

Only thing for me is that you are right in that he is quite similar to a young Tav, but currently isn’t near him. This is a summer I expected us to go gung ho & really grab our chance at the title. Its likely the best we’ll get to stop 10. I don’t think we’ll spend much at all and instead taking more of a risk by trying to spend as little as possible.

From what I've seen of him, I have been quite impressed.

Pacey & causes trouble from an attacking perspective. Doesn't have the finesse of barisic's delivery however is much more aggressive offensively & confident at marauding forward.

He could be a bit more robust defensively but he isnt glaringly deficient in that area

Young, quick, cheap & certainly better than our other squad options & if Barisic doesn't improve, he is better than him as well

Every time Ive seen him he's been utterly dreadful. If the feniens were looking to bring him in on loan we would be slaughtering them

Don't rate him at all I think he's vastly overrated and his physical nature adds to the hype surrounding him especially in Scotland. Fair enough launch a ball into him and he will come out on top but as Morelos has shown take him on in a physical battle with movement he's there to be got at.

Absolutely agree. Everything I hate in a player.

Big animal, immobile, lacking pace. Can’t pass.

Completely agree, and I was surprised by his defensive stats too!

Only thing for me is that you are right in that he is quite similar to a young Tav, but this is a summer I expected us to go gung ho & really grab our chance at the title. Its likely the best we’ll get to stop 10. I don’t think we’ll spend much at all.

Do you have the stats for Barišić?

I thought we may have targeted a more finished left back as it's a problem area. Although know one actually knows if we are in for Lowe or not.

Spend will probably be similar to last season, unlike some I don't see a spending spree. The money isn't there.

We've brought in three players from the Scottish Premiership, possibly a 4th in Lowe. We've now got to go and sign quality as filling the squad with Scottish based players won't over take the bheggars.

I have a strong feeling the headlines today “Gerrard in talks with Lowe” have been misconstrued by someone not reading the article. In that the real story is he has spoken to Ryan Lowe about a friendly with Plymouth.

I have a strong feeling the headlines today “Gerrard in talks with Lowe” have been misconstrued by someone not reading the article. In that the real story is he has spoken to Ryan Lowe about a friendly with Plymouth.
This not happening?

From what I've seen of him, I have been quite impressed.

Pacey & causes trouble from an attacking perspective. Doesn't have the finesse of barisic's delivery however is much more aggressive offensively & confident at marauding forward.

He could be a bit more robust defensively but he isnt glaringly deficient in that area

Young, quick, cheap & certainly better than our other squad options & if Barisic doesn't improve, he is better than him as well

Totally nullified DC in that semi. He could develop into a very good modern full back imo.

Sorry. But McKenna is shite. Just my opinion though. N not worth wat the sheep want for him
I don't agree, and I have yet to hear of a CD that hasn;t been unfairly under-rated at some point. Let me guess, you don't rate Joe Worral either?

I'd like to see the above stats for Barišić and compare them to Lowe.

I'd take a stab and say Lowe's are better in both a defensive and offensive way. He's also fitter thus more reliable.

Barisic has just had a beast of a season though - not in a good way. Ravaged with injury and not really had a run of games either, so it's probably difficult to get a fair comparison between the two when using last season.

Back