Mcinnes backroom staff

Marshall and Robson were both Rangers youth, if I recall correctly. Also, wasn't Marshall the Killie goalie who Sutton and the rest of the Celtic team were castigating for not just lying down and letting them score, during the 'Helicopter Sunday' season? If so, don't think there is any allegiance to anyone, just a good solid pro.

If McInnes is coming then so will Docherty unless he rules himself out - which I'd say is unlikely. They've worked together for the best part of 10 years and McInnes isn't going to put him out of work. No idea how close he is to the other 2 but, as ID10 says, both are ex-Rangers - though I'm not sure Robson, in particular, is required given what we already have at Auchenhowie.

If McInnes wants them he will get them though.

Who is to say if McInnes comes that Aberdeen wont move to appoint his assistant as his replacement.

They may consider that continuity if he wanted it.

They wouldn’t be my choices, but what was Neil McCann’s background prior to joining Rangers and how did he end up doing?
Exactly and if they come as a team and are a success nobody would care who he supported as a youngster as long as he embraces everything Rangers like NM done.

Shoe on the left foot, it simply wouldn’t happen, they would be kicking up all holy %^*&.

We however have became an incredibly apathetic support over the last decade and it is now the status quo.

I’ll get behind McInnes but I’m totally underwhelmed by this whole affair.

I would be very surprised if DM didn't bring his assitant due to their years together and trust that brings. The other 2 are less ceretain to be needed.

Marshall and Robson were both Rangers youth, if I recall correctly. Also, wasn't Marshall the Killie goalie who Sutton and the rest of the Celtic team were castigating for not just lying down and letting them score, during the 'Helicopter Sunday' season? If so, don't think there is any allegiance to anyone, just a good solid pro.

Marshall was the Killie goalkeeper that day and he is on record as saying he was disgusted at the behaviour and comments from several Celtc players. I think Chimpson in particular stands out and wasn't he the one who missed a penalty.

Marshall was the goalie for Motherwell on Helicopter Sunday in 2005 and was the Kilmarnock keeper in 2003, when Dunfermline lay down to us (apparently).

I'm OK with McInnes joining but I have a bad feeling about Docherty, Robson and Marshall.

A high risk from Deek if you ask me.

My only reservation about Marshall is he was an average keeper at best, not exactly the criteria I'd accept in a goalkeeping coach.

Run the names of our last 3 goalkeeping coaches bye me, what they won and who they played for.

I genuinely couldn't name anyone other than Jim Stewart - and his career was decent but hardly stellar.

EDIT: Just checked, Caixinha's goalkeeping coach, Jose Belman, hardly had a distinguished career either. Billy Thompson was Jim Stewart's predecessor.

Last edited:
Wouldn't bring anyone except his assistant Docherty, who with McInnes has already beaten celtic 4 times.

Grow the fvck up.

I don't care about the first two....Robson was a cheat, a thug and a player I loathed so, no thanks.

It would be akin to bringing Chris Mutton on the RTV team.

Just seems like a non-story for people who don't want McInnes in to bleat on about. It's becoming quickly tiresome.

I do think it is being overplayed but I don't want yahoos (real yahoos, not someone Rangers rejected who played for them) near the Ibrox management team.

That said, I would not accept a former Celtc player in the Manager's hotseat.

My only reservation about Marshall is he was an average keeper at best, not exactly the criteria I'd accept in a goalkeeping coach.
Absolute nonsense. Mourinho was a crap player, Walter Smith wasn’t much good and neither was Alex Ferguson. It means precisely bugger all when you become a manager or a coach. If it did we would be rampant at the top of the league with Super still in charge!

Robson is the youth/under 20 coach so it's a slightly different situation. We don't need either of those roles to be filled. Marshall is a possibility as Pedro brought his own goalkeeping coach in. Either way, if McInnes is to be chosen then he'll be entitled to bring in his own team.

Absolute nonsense. Mourinho was a crap player, Walter Smith wasn’t much good and neither was Alex Ferguson. It means precisely bugger all when you become a manager or a coach. If it did we would be rampant at the top of the league with Super still in charge!

Andy Goram was the best I’ve seen don’t think he is the greatest coach it’s just folk seeing what they want.

Do you think if it was the other way round and celtic wanted a manager and his backroom staff either played for or supported rangers they would be happy with that ?

Back