Miller and Wallace appeals upheld

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a valid criticism.

How can you defend the board or Stewart Robertson in this episode?
I really don't know any of what happened in this "episode", nor at any time did I defend Stewart Robertson.
The "episode" that is barely a ripple in a teacup, pardon me if I cut the board that saved the club a bit of slack.
What is certain is that the 2 players put their self interest above that of the club.

I really don't know any of what happened in this "episode", nor at any time did I defend Stewart Robertson.
The "episode" that is barely a ripple in a teacup, pardon me if I cut the board that saved the club a bit of slack.
What is certain is that the 2 players put their self interest above that of the club.

I dont get this argument at all. So they should just sit back and be fined unjustly and their names tarnished for the greater good?

Miller was always going to wait for this outcome before getting it off his chest.

Whether you have any interest in what he has to say is a personal choice.

I don't think Murty will come out of this too well , that said ,there are those that know the full S.P .

Maybe they will correct any wrongs when the day late rhebel get rolling on this.

Two senior players who got a bit heated about the manner of a big defeat found not guilty of industrial misconduct shocker!
This whole episode was a storm in a teacup and should never have escalated to a disciplinary hearing but it's only right that their objection has been upheld.
The only sad part is how many folk were demonising them (Miller in particular) for all they did was show a bit of passion after getting pumped by our biggest rivals.
I would have liked to have thought ALL our players would have reacted like that!

Bleating to the press? I hope he does go to the press and gets his story out it's abysmal the way we have treated him and alot of us want to know the truth!

Your statement contradicts itself. You say you want the truth but have taken their side without the facts being known. What we do know for a fact Miller was a disruptive influence all season not just that one day. Wallace was probably only guilty of backing up his mate.

Imo its now done and we all move on.
But i bet Miller will have is story in the papers and drag this episode on and on.
This will cause more splits between fans of those who like or dislike him.
A line should be drawn

Truthfully, from the very start of this complete fiasco, we all heard what had gone on.

Miller and Wallace had a few home truths to be told to those who absolutely shamed our jerseys with disgraceful performances against Scum FC.

I've never really understood why Rangers backed Murty on this. From where I was standing, they were both right if they went right through the whole lot of them after those surrender monkey displays

Anyway, hopefully this draws a line under this and I mean this when I say I would like Kenny Miller to be able to enjoy the deserved acclaim of the crowd at Ibrox as a fitting end to his days with us. Not as a player now, obviously, but as a welcome guest. Same for Lee Wallace.

Don't know if that will be a popular view, but it's how I feel
The club cannot undermine the man in charge,they put him in the silly position of being the manager of Rangers.
The man should never have been in the job, but at the end of the day bought us time in order to get Gerrard.

Just give them the money then the three of them can just piss off.Wallace and hopefully Murty will follow miller out the door shortly.We don’t need any more distraction.

Your statement contradicts itself. You say you want the truth but have taken their side without the facts being known. What we do know for a fact Miller was a disruptive influence all season not just that one day. Wallace was probably only guilty of backing up his mate.
Care to back that up?
The floor is all yours!

Apparently it's something to do with the fact that he did exactly the same as Kenny Miller but he's not Kenny Miller so that should make it perfectly clear.
Confused?...no wonder!

I remember this board the day of that match. 99% of posters wanted to take Murty's head off. Yet these two, did what most of us were shouting for and they are enemy number one. I've no time for Miller but the thing was handled completely amateurishly like everything that came out our HR round about then. People say they acted against the club. I'd say Murty did. Miller was out in a few weeks anyway, Murty should have let it go. They handed Miller a story. I dont know why people are so keen to defend incompetence at our club. And let's face it it's not the first time Roberston/HR have been found lacking. It's cost us a fortune and a real red face over the last few years.

It annoys me that Graeme Murty is still employed by our club.

An absolute coward of a man who went greeting to HR because he didn't like being told some home truths. This isn't the office, it's a fecking football club. He should have been told at the time from the club to man up and grow a pair.

Wee wimp of a guy.

I remember this board the day of that match. 99% of posters wanted to take Murty's head off. Yet these two, did what most of us were shouting for and they are enemy number one. I've no time for Miller but the thing was handled completely amateurishly like everything that came out our HR round about then. People say they acted against the club. I'd say Murty did. Miller was out in a few weeks anyway, Murty should have let it go. They handed Miller a story. I dont know why people are so keen to defend incompetence at our club. And let's face it it's not the first time Roberston/HR have been found lacking. It's cost us a fortune and a real red face over the last few years.
Surely now that Miller has cleared his name and will get his wages back and because he was so gutted at the way he left Rangers as hes a big Rangers man he keeps shtoom and moves on...??

Surely now that Miller has cleared his name and will get his wages back and because he was so gutted at the way he left Rangers as hes a big Rangers man he keeps shtoom and moves on...??

I've never claimed Miller is a big Rangers man, infact if you look back my posts you'll see I cant stand him but why should he keep shtoom? The "club" trashed him (wrongly as proved by the tribunal). People think it's a choice between the club and Miller. It isn't. It's a choice between the incompetence of Robertson and Murty and fairness to two players that served the club well.

The verdict I expected as from Day 1 I've been convinced the 2 players did nothing other than respond to a humiliating defeat the way senior players who care will react the world over.

The way so many in here have latched on to this to trash 2 players who gave excellent service to the club has been really sad to see.

I hope the club don't appeal, settle anything owed, then consider whether Graeme Murty is a man who we should employ to manage any Rangers team at any age group.

From what I gather the appeal has given them cash back but has little to do with what was said or who was a fault. Miller is a guy who likes cash (to be fair he does give all for it) Wallace really surprises me as a Rangers captain should not be involved in a dressing room outburst but should calm it down and discuss the matter at training and give his views known on behalf of the team. Murty should also have sorted the matter but then again how many in football actually have any training in management and how to deal with people.
We should just move on with a new manager and team.

I don't understand why arguments surrounding issues like this become so polarised, so personalised and so distorted.

Criticising the way the club handled this means backing an ex-Celtic player? I was in a minority but I don't think the club should have signed KM after playing for Celtic but there is no doubt he won the fans over. Murty has far more baggage in terms of supporting Celtic than Miller. But this is not particularly relevant.

Criticising the way the club handled this means attacking the board? As far as I can see, it's simply a Miller-Wallace vs Murty spat that has been dealt with by Stewart Robertson and - probably - 'spun' to the press by Jim Traynor. If this involved the board it wouldn't say much for Robertson's position - he'd be a managing director in name only. If it involved the board and they messed up, so what? They should be criticised in that case.

This should have been kept behind closed doors and if Murty insisted in some sort of HR protocol being followed he should have been told to f*** off.

Haven’t given a monkey’s about this since it happened. Internal discipline procedure and that’s the end of it. Went to a tribunal and got upheld. Wow Wee. Almost daily occurrence in industry so why get het up? Move on ..... bigger things to concentrate on

This tbh. I find talk about Miller being forced out or a sad way to go a bit strange. He overstayed his welcome by a couple of years and was on the way out regardless. Contract was up and he wasn't getting a new one under any circumstances. Total storm in a teacup whatever the facts of the 'incident'.

I don't understand why arguments surrounding issues like this become so polarised, so personalised and so distorted.

Criticising the way the club handled this means backing an ex-Celtic player? I was in a minority but I don't think the club should have signed KM after playing for Celtic but there is no doubt he won the fans over. Murty has far more baggage in terms of supporting Celtic than Miller. But this is not particularly relevant.

Criticising the way the club handled this means attacking the board? As far as I can see, it's simply a Miller-Wallace vs Murty spat that has been dealt with by Stewart Robertson and - probably - 'spun' to the press by Jim Traynor. If this involved the board it wouldn't say much for Robertson's position - he'd be a managing director in name only. If it involved the board and they messed up, so what? They should be criticised in that case.

This should have been kept behind closed doors and if Murty insisted in some sort of HR protocol being followed he should have been told to f*** off.

Especially given Miller was out the door in a few weeks anyway. It was a perfect time to pay him up to the end of his contract and say thanks for your service, there's no need to report in for the last few weeks. Instead they handed a gobshite a four pager in the papers.

The verdict I expected as from Day 1 I've been convinced the 2 players did nothing other than respond to a humiliating defeat the way senior players who care will react the world over.

The way so many in here have latched on to this to trash 2 players who gave excellent service to the club has been really sad to see.

I hope the club don't appeal, settle anything owed, then consider whether Graeme Murty is a man who we should employ to manage any Rangers team at any age group.
I whole heartedly agree with your second paragraph but I can't agree with your verdict on Murty.
I think he was mostly responsible for these two players being reprimanded and the whole episode mushrooming out of control and I also accept that he wasn't up to the job of managing the first team but I still admire the man for having the balls to accept the challenge offered to him to help us out a hole when we needed it.
We knew he wasn't good enough...he knew he wasn't good enough but he put his gonads and indeed put his job and reputation on the line to attempt to get us through.
Don't forget, this guy took on all this additional responsibility and pressure on the same salary as he was receiving as a youth team coach.
Yes, he found himself totally out of his depth as a manager of a club the size of ours but his record with bringing through the youths prior to that was lauded by well on everyone.
Personally I was delighted that he didn't lose his previous job on the back of trying to do the right thing by the club.
In my opinion he should be held in high regard rather than criticised.

I have no interest in a job with HR

You either back the club or you back the ex celtic player...choice is yours

Nice move spinning the ex Celtic player bit however you conveniently forgot to mention Lee Wallace the Rangers Captain.
You could say “ how about you back the wet Blanket Murty or the Rangers Captain”
Personally I have no issue with our Captain getting ripped into the players or Murty for that pathetic performance.

John Greig, Terry Butcher, Barry Ferguson etc would all have done exactly the same

20180905_173148.jpg
No Rangers fans ignoring the fact that you're a prick Jackson

Rangers admit they are "surprised" and "disappointed" following the outcome of Lee Wallace and Kenny Miller's disciplinary appeal.

The pair had their appeal upheld by the SPFL against punishment imposed on them by Rangers, after they were both suspended and fined over an alleged row with former boss Graeme Murty in the aftermath of a 4-0 Scottish Cup semi-final defeat by Celtic.

After both being told to stay away from the club, Wallace was hit with the maximum four-week penalty while Rangers ordered Miller to pay back two weeks out of his last ever Ibrox pay packet.

But the striker and defender maintained that no bust-up had taken place, and took their case to the SPFLlast month to contest the punishment.

The league body mulled over the matter for three weeks before Record Sport first told on Wednesday they had found in favour of the veteran duo.

Appearing on BBC Sportsound following the verdict, Miller commented that he had "nothing to add" as he revealed the matter was nowhere near settled.

The SPFL have yet to comment but Rangers were startled by the outcome and disappointed that the decision, they claim, had been leaked before the club had been notified.

A Rangers statement said: "The club is surprised by the decision of the SPFL’s Tribunal on this matter and disappointed that the decision seems to have been leaked before the club were advised of it by the SPFL.

Decisions on such matters deal largely with procedural issues, not the conduct which gave rise to the club’s sanctions.

"The club was only presented with a 40 plus page decision after 4pm this afternoon and will now take some time to consider matters before deciding how to proceed."

Asked to comment on Sportsound, Miller responded: "It's not anywhere near an end so I have to keep my own counsel at the moment and deal with it when the time is right."

Miller didn't play for the club again after being suspended and was released at the end of his contract this summer, while Wallace has entered the final year of his deal.

The left-back was omitted from Rangers' Europa League squad on Wednesday despite being reintroduced to the first-team in recent weeks.

Seems that a small number of posters know what happened, but the vast majority, including me, don't. In that scenario it's pretty difficult to comment on the rights/wrongs on either side - if the story comes out, we can all pile in with our observations of the facts. If not, the guessing game continues.

Either way, it's an embarrassing mess...

This the same board that put their hands in their pocket, that got rid of MA and the rest, that brought SG and backed him in order to get to the EL?

It is

It’s also the same board that appointed Pedro and wasted £10m of the fans money and again this season in paying all of his duds off

And in case you missed it, MA isn’t quite away yet ..

Why not just judge things on their individual merit instead of deflecting from real issues by saying “ah but they did this good thing so ..”

I would be happy to hear what Kenny and Lee have to say about what went on.I would also welcome the Clubs version of events.
Until we do it is all guess work unless any one on here was in the dressing room at the time.
It doesent reflect well on the Club as it looks like the players were hung out to dry.

I've never claimed Miller is a big Rangers man, infact if you look back my posts you'll see I cant stand him but why should he keep shtoom? The "club" trashed him (wrongly as proved by the tribunal). People think it's a choice between the club and Miller. It isn't. It's a choice between the incompetence of Robertson and Murty and fairness to two players that served the club well.
Never said you said Miller was a big Rangers man was just talking in general wasnt having a pop at you.
Altho i will say that im not sure Rangers trashed his name. He was suspended for an incident and an internal enquiry held and sanctions given. I dont believe Rangers disclosed details to press altho not 100%.
An appeal process has taken ace where both sides have given their dmsides of story and an spfl panel has found in players favour. Not sure who was on panel but not surprised they have sided with players as tries to blacken name of club again.
Anyway Miller is no longer a Rangers player and plays for a league rival so he will get no plaudits from me.
He played his part when a Rangers player and he got my support and thanks at that time however i do believe he was leaking info and trying to undermine manager at the time and no matter who that is it is unacceptable in any work place..imo

Last edited:
Well Miller has tonight said the matter is far from over and he is keeping quite just now. Does that mean he is going to sue for loss of income etc?

Rangers have also said they will review the outcome before taking further steps.

well they clearly did considering he was chased for nothing (as proven by the successful appeal which you'll no doubt choose to ignore).
So you are in the same camp as Keith Jackson and bbc Scotland you support this verdict against our club

They were against Rangers and you are fucking backing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back