Morelos on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yer da

I'll be gutted if he goes, but I'd rather it was as soon as possible so we can get coughROOFEcough in. The quicker the squad is as close to finalised, the better.

Marstonbear

I find it pretty odd that he can't speak or read English after living here for a year or so and seeing him mouth "%^*& you" to an opposition player in match, tbh.
If you read his back story you’ll see he didn’t have the best of educations in Columbia.

Can’t recall him ever speaking English in an interview. When RTV made that film about him it was dubbed into English

bornabluenose

Not necessarily this, but it is absolutely clear to me that the lad wants a move move away from Scotland - and I fully understand that.

He's not going to want to endure another season in the SPHell.

Hopefully we can get a deal sorted asap. Best for all parties.
As much as we might dislike it ,this is the crux.

Some seem to have forgotten the bile and vitriol handed out to him from all angles last season .

Anyone thinking this will have abated this term needs to see a psychologist.

Drumchapel-Bear

This is nothing new. He's been retweeting stuff like this for the past few transfer windows anytime there's rumoured interest in him. Was it January there was rumoured interest from Fenerbache? I remember him retweeting stories from the Turkish press etc.

It's disrespectful to the club and at worst agitating for a move. He's lucky he's that popular with our support that most of them turn a blind eye to it because they're like lovestruck teenagers when it comes to Alfie and can see him do no wrong.

Hopefully the situation is resolved asap it's the best for everyone.

jackstar

Just looked, it's from 15 hours ago and in among all the retweets of his goal from last night.

TBH I wish we could just get this over and done with and move on. I love his wee petulant face but no-one is bigger than the club, if he wants to go get him gone and replaced.
As the gaffer said,it has to be done early doors and if he goes,I reckon we'll need 2 forwards,because I think we're a bit thin as far as striking options goes,we need as much cover for forwards as we do defenders and can't rely solely on Defoe.

Starting Anew

This is nothing new. He's been retweeting stuff like this for the past few transfer windows anytime there's rumoured interest in him. Was it January there was rumoured interest from Fenerbache? I remember him retweeting stories from the Turkish press etc.

It's disrespectful to the club and at worst agitating for a move. He's lucky he's that popular with our support that most of them turn a blind eye to it because they're like lovestruck teenagers when it comes to Alfie and can see him do no wrong.

Hopefully the situation is resolved asap it's the best for everyone.
Somehow i’m not surprised you join the ranks of those seeking hard for flaws in him to dislike.

Personally, I don’t especially like players doing this but it is part of the game. None of us expect him to have a testimonial here. It seems pointless to condemn him for agreeing with us that he is too good for the SPL.

If he downs tools on the pitch or disrespects our fans then i’ll condemn him. But so long as he gives his all on the pitch and is still happily engaging with fans in the crowd then he deserves our support. Seems very precious to get all upset at something like this.

WATP

Would like to see him gone for a decent fee tbh, it would be best for all concerned. My worry is that clubs know we are not fussed to see him away.

KGR98

I don't think he is in desperate to move as much but the lad just has ambitions of playing EPL football and you can't blame the guy for that these days as it is such a big draw with the money and potential sponsorship deals and worldwide coverage available for him

90minsofmadness

Not necessarily this, but it is absolutely clear to me that the lad wants a move move away from Scotland - and I fully understand that.

He's not going to want to endure another season in the SPHell.

Hopefully we can get a deal sorted asap. Best for all parties.
I don't think he's desperate for anything. It's not like he's downed tools or looks unhappy in training.

He's clearly got larger ambitions than the spfl and his agent is a rocket but I don't think it's desperation.

DougieJones

Im lost as to why the best thing for us is losing our best player, maybe Im simple but I genuinely dont understand the reasoning
1. We get enough money for 2-3 excellent reinforcements
2. We lose the fear that Alfie will self destruct and sink the team
3. The media (and SFA) lose their main narrative tool against us

I love Morelos but it’s not hard to see positives.

Turrabear

Agreed. We just need it to happen now. It's inevitable that he wants to move on and will move on.

Get the money in, re-invest in team, let the lad get his move and everyone's happy.

I'd never hold a lad from Colombia back from getting a move to a bigger and better league. He has served us well and we will make a tidy profit. That's our model.
How exactly do you know this .had a lot of conversations with Alfie of late.

Bluebrox

How exactly do you know this .had a lot of conversations with Alfie of late.
SG last week was asked if Morelos wanted to stay. "You'll have to ask him". Tells you everything.

Do you think Alfredo Morelos wants to stay in Scotland for another season ??

kclarkhall

I find it pretty odd that he can't speak or read English after living here for a year or so and seeing him mouth "%^*& you" to an opposition player in match, tbh.
I think he can talk a bit of English, I honestly think he plays on it.

That is just my opinion though.

BigDGrant

I want this to be done with.Sick of his huffy face.I was done with him after the sellik red.If he'd been firing in goals instead of sitting in the stand i'm sure he'd be away by now.Good player that he is he can't be relied on as was shown last season.

kclarkhall

I can honestly say I am at a stage now where if he goes he goes.

I used to worry each window that he'd leave but now I am just like meh, it is what it is. I trust that the gaffer would have a replacement lined up.

ChristchurchBear

I can honestly say I am at a stage now where if he goes he goes.

I used to worry each window that he'd leave but now I am just like meh, it is what it is. I trust that the gaffer would have a replacement lined up.

For me - bottom line is he hasn’t won us a trophy so as good as he is. He is more than replaceable

Turrabear

SG last week was asked if Morelos wanted to stay. "You'll have to ask him". Tells you everything.

Mate unless get the price we want for him then he is a rangers player.as for the manager saying you,d better ask him I won,t read to much into that.he more than likely knew he would be asked that question and given the answer he did cut the question short so to speak.

Valley Bluenose

Probably best to give a bit of context to the quote by including a bit more of what Gerrard said.

Asked if Morelos would be happy to remain at Rangers, Gerrard said: “I don’t know. You’ll have to ask him that question. He gives me the impression he wants to be here because he trains really well.”

It’s no secret that Morelos wants to move to a bigger league. That doesn’t mean he’s being anything other than dedicated to playing at his best for Rangers.

Bluebrox

Probably best to give a bit of context to the quote by including a bit more of what Gerrard said.

Asked if Morelos would be happy to remain at Rangers, Gerrard said: “I don’t know. You’ll have to ask him that question. He gives me the impression he wants to be here because he trains really well.”

It’s no secret that Morelos wants to move to a bigger league. That doesn’t mean he’s being anything other than dedicated to playing at his best for Rangers.
Gerrard's tone has changed though. Last season it was "he's going nowhere" "he loves it here" "he has just signed a new contract" "we want to keep him here for a long time" etc.

IMO SG is resigned to Morelos moving on and already has a replacement lined up. And that's fine with me.

Barryhopez

I think he can talk a bit of English, I honestly think he plays on it.

That is just my opinion though.
I daresay he can mate. It's a 'go to' on here though that he can't speak/read/write any English which is probably doing the guy a disservice and now a hint that he is in general illiterate.

Last edited:

Valley Bluenose

Gerrard's tone has changed though. Last season it was "he's going nowhere" "he loves it here" "he has just signed a new contract" "we want to keep him here for a long time" etc.

IMO SG is resigned to Morelos moving on and already has a replacement lined up. And that's fine with me.
Oh I don’t disagree with your ultimate conclusion at all mate, simply pointing out that many have lifted the Gerrard quote and are using it to make it sound like Gerrard is pissed off or there is a rift between the two by taking it out of context. That, of course, is precisely what the media wanted by doing exactly the same in their headlines.

We all know Morelos will go. Its simply a matter of securing the best deal. In the meantime, he will play, and score, for Rangers. It’s what he does.

SenoraCuellar

Got the feeling he’s wanted away for a while now. That’s ok, was always going to happen. Maybe there isn’t as much interest as he had hoped and is trying to drum up more?

devilman

To be honest, I am not that fussed any more if Alfie moves on. As long as we get a decent transfer fee for him I am OK with it. Where I won't be OK is if we let him go for some shit fee that doesn't help us cover the costs of the new boys coming in.

I've said on other posts. A move to Palace would probably be a good move for him. However, Palace are a English Premiership team - they want him they can pay a handsome fee for him. £15m plus sell on fee is an absolute must as a starting point.

weebudsbud

Morelos is a contractor, same as many of us on here. He follows the money.

I don`t get this "he wants to play in the top league" pish. He spat the dummy when he didn`t get to go to China and that tells me he`s only in it for the dough. Why else would he want to play there? We`ve re-negotiated 3 times with him (I think) and he still wants out. Unless of course he`s committed to us for the season and we don`t know about it.

But hey, he`s no different to me. I follow the money too.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
Looks like he's gone. Yes it is snide to retweet Palace rumour and f*** off from training to airport but he is a grown up, and a contractor, and he wants more money and fame and kudos.

Not a lot we can do except try and maximise what we receive from cash rich CPFC.

To be fair we will miss his goals but not his 'cheerful happy face'...

mkgers

It seems the general consensus is that he's for the off. I'm curious if this is just people putting 2 and 2 together (reasonably to be fair) or if there have been suggestions that there is more to it?

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
It seems the general consensus is that he's for the off. I'm curious if this is just people putting 2 and 2 together (reasonably to be fair) or if there have been suggestions that there is more to it?
It is speculation based on the few facts we have...interview in Colombian newspaper, retweeting Palace rumour, being at airport etc.

Valley Bluenose

Looks like he's gone. Yes it is snide to retweet Palace rumour and f*** off from training to airport but he is a grown up, and a contractor, and he wants more money and fame and kudos.

Not a lot we can do except try and maximise what we receive from cash rich CPFC.

To be fair we will miss his goals but not his 'cheerful happy face'...
The players were given a couple of days off were they not? He's taken his Mrs to London - as he's done several times in the past. I don't think he's 'up to anything' at all.

He will go when we get the right bid in.

Status
Not open for further replies.