Morelos

We had the good and the bad from Morelos today.

Some excellent link up play and bullying of defenders - his goal was quite incredible in terms of the strength he displayed to just muscle defenders out of the way and boot that mother f**ker into the net.

But we also saw the bad - half arsed attempts in front of goal, a few slack passes and getting needlessly caught up in the fracas with that halfwit Griffiths.

He definitely gives us something special when he’s on his game though, but we really need a lot more of it.

I still think we’ve both had enough of each other in terms of a natural coda to the player’s career and ideally he should move on in the summer.

First half he was hopeless let’s not kid ourselves

In the opening 20-25 he had misplaced at least 3 passes of the very few he had, straight to their players

Missed a couple of great chances and a couple of times I seen Hagi and Aribo (looking frustrated) gesturing to him to press

Second half he was far better and his passing and touch was good plus he got a goal thankfully.
Not one Rangers player was hopeless today, not one. Let’s not kid ourselves otherwise.

I love him, I see what he brings in many areas and what he can do for the team. He’s adapted considerably in his time here.

However, I also can see why many do not buy into him as the Rangers centre forward.

All about opinions and what you look for and enjoy in players.

I'd still sell him in the summer.
Debating this today at the game, but genuinely what level of team would take him?

Sadly the ship has sailed where we were looking at £15-20m. That was at his peak, he is nowhere near that now for me.

Wouldn’t be EPL, or Lille level like previously.

Debating this today at the game, but genuinely what level of team would take him?

Sadly the ship has sailed where we were looking at £15-20m. That was at his peak, he is nowhere near that now for me.

I'm not sure exactly, but I think his price range is somewhere between £7m and £10m these days.

£10m and I'd bite your hand off.

Maybe end up at something like £8m??

It could be that level of offer and calibre of team if he hits an even better patch of form the remainder of the season. The old Morelos is making a comeback

do we see AM objecting to the idea that he needs to get in shape

Not one Rangers player was dreadful or hopeless today
The hyperbole negativity on this forum is embarrassing
He gave the ball away on numerous occasions.

And his “shot” at goal just before the whistle blew for half time was a complete joke. No power or accuracy behind it at all.

2nd half was a different story.

It's the past 2 years that have concerned me mate. Been a big dip.
Still scored 17 last season although that obviously wasn’t the same level as previously

We did add more goal scorers last year but he still popped up with important goals. He wasn’t the level we know he can be though I agree and wasn’t this season under Gerrard.

But I think as we’ve seen already Gio is changing that

45 passes completed while having a 80% completion rate. 5 out of 8 of his shots were on target, definitely should’ve had atleast another goal but very good performance.
Those numbers are good but as our centre forward his goal scoring stats need to improve a lot given the number of chances he is getting

And his “shot” at goal just before the whistle blew for half time was a complete joke. No power or accuracy behind it at all.

Well it was obviously accurate as it was on target no?

Yes, he gave it away a couple of times, who didn’t in the first 45?
Ooh he had a bad shot at goal, so by your logic Fashion was awful today as well
Not one Rangers player was awful today

Yes, the one near half time should have been a goal but a better all round performance from Alfie today. Hopefully a sing of things to come.
hopefully

so many below par performances from him

Still scored 17 last season although that obviously wasn’t the same level as previously

We did add more goal scorers last year but he still popped up with important goals. He wasn’t the level we know he can be though I agree and wasn’t this season under Gerrard.

gerrard changed him and wanted him to come deep for some reason

A game of two halves. Poor, slack and wasteful 1st half. Much better 2nd. Absolutely bullied the Dundee defence at times.

Should have had at least a hat trick but the goal and 2nd half performance will hopefully do him the world of good.

I 'want' him to do well. Of course I do.

But I remain unconvinced by the majority of his performances and have done so for the best part of 2 years.

Clearly other clubs seem to feel the same. There is hardly a queue round the block for him. And the significant drop in his value backs that up.

I guess we'll see how the rest of the season pans out but he is way past his peak with us.

It was a much better 2nd half display but his 1st half performance was so poor, it was so typical of Morelos this season missing chance after chance. We need much more than "linking up the play" from our central striker.

Same with Hibs midweek, missing that free header.

I'm glad he picked it up 2nd half and scored a goal fitting of 2019 Morelos, but overall he was a 6/10 today IMO.
Completely agree.

No he just wasn’t impeccable. He missed 2 great chances, ha gave them ball away regularly but he was better than he has been of late
He didnt give the ball away regularly.

People can argue about "its my opinion" bla bla bla, if they just want to run him down. But if you state something that can be objectively proven as false, that wont go unchallenged as "my opinion".

Yes, he gave it away a couple of times, who didn’t in the first 45?
Ooh he had a bad shot at goal, so by your logic Fashion was awful today as well
Not one Rangers player was awful today
Fashion’s all round game was excellent today.

He just needs to be more clinical.

Morelos has a ton of work to do to get into the shape he was in previously. It’s having a major impact on his performances.

Back