Most extraordinary game you have attended?

Got to be Rangers 2 Celtic 2 in 1987.

Our keeper and their centre forward sent off.
Our centre back in goal.
We go 2 down including a crazy own goal by our captain.
Our captain then gets sent off.
Then our 9 men score twice, with an injury time equaliser.
Then the stand in keeper conducts the choir.

Ended up in a court case too.

1-1 May 1985 down to nine men at the piggery cooper and Dawson had been sent off and down 1-0.we get a pen and ally slots it away and the rangers end goes mental and we damn near won it at the end a young iain Durrant came on as a late sub(his first appearance in a game v them) and if he’d been half an inch taller he would have scored as he slid in as the ball was fired across the six yard box and he just missed connecting the ball by centimeters.any bear that was there that night will tell you it was a mental night that ended up with tim on Tim riot on janefield street.the super ally chant was born that night and who can forget”the queen said no tae mass”

The League Cup Final v St. Mirren 2010

9 men and winning 1-0 thanks to an 84th minute win from Kenny Miller.

Mental.

I lived in Newcastle at the time and my mate was down for the weekend Man Utd were in town. It was Bobby Robsons 100th game in charge. Real end to end stuff, with Newcastle winning 4-3 and Roy Keane seeing red for throwing the ball at Shearer, then being held back by his team mates when he ran at him after the card was shown. It was a great night out as well, as they loved beating the Mancs and it is a one team City.

As the title suggests what is the maddest, most extraordinary or unbelievable game you have attended?

Rangers-wise was by far the 5-5 with Hibs a couple of seasons ago, a proper bonkers end of season game.

Non-Rangers related it has to be Willem II 5 - 0 PSV in the Eredivisie back in 2018. Was in Holland for the weekend and bought tickets for the game on a whim and got treated to an absolutely crazy unforeseen result.

Probably the 5-3 game against shelbourne. We were 3-0 down at halftime. Think it was advocaats first competitive game if I’m right?

I’ve been a supporter of Rangers for 35 years; earlier this year before the pandemic hit the western world we were lucky enough to be in Disney, Florida.

Spent the whole meal at the Yakin Yeti restaurant taking in the Braga first leg miraclewith my two sons, the three of us going nuts as events unfolded. Fellow diners not at all amused, not to mention the wife.

Other than that, the Van Vossen / Van Hooijdonk pen miss / Gazza pen miss game at the Brendan bowl as mental. I will never forget Gorams reaction at this game, fantastic!

Celtic Reserves 4 Rangers Reserves 7. About 91/92.

It was a thursday afternoon at the piggery. McSwegan got 4, Spencer got 2 and the other was Sanday Robertson.

We were 7-1 up with half an hour to go, and they got 3 goals back. John McGregor was in the paper the next day going nuts as we had been sloppy at the end!
Totally random one but great shout. Had no idea that ever happened.

Hallescher 4 - Paderborn 4
Matchday 1 of the 3 Liga 2017/18 season.

Mullets, denim and leatherette waistcoats, Quo on before the game, beer and wurst and 8 goals.

I remember a game at Ibrox against Livingston and we were 4-0 up and absolutely cruising. We then got sloppy and it ended up 4-3 and we nearly chucked points away.

Followed a few days later by Mutton scoring against us after about 17 seconds. Not often we concede 4 goals in the league at Ibrox in a row and we still collected maximum points. Fernando played a stormer and I think we were 3.1 up at the break winning 3.2. Legend

Totally random one but great shout. Had no idea that ever happened.

ive been trying to find it on google, but no joy to prove it happened ha ha! I always remember it - I was in between exams at high school, and went to the game myself!!

Got to be Rangers 2 Celtic 2 in 1987.

Our keeper and their centre forward sent off.
Our centre back in goal.
We go 2 down including a crazy own goal by our captain.
Our captain then gets sent off.
Then our 9 men score twice, with an injury time equaliser.
Then the stand in keeper conducts the choir.

Ended up in a court case too.

That was my first Old Firm game! Welcome to the Party!! ha ha!

ive been trying to find it on google, but no joy to prove it happened ha ha! I always remember it - I was in between exams at high school, and went to the game myself!!
My earliest memory of being in Ibrox was a reserve game. Think we won 3-1, whilst the big team won 2-0 at the piggery, Hately scoring both, 92 am sure it was.

Real Madrid vs Dortmund - Champions League Semi-final, April 1998
The Ultras Sur are making a nuisance of themselves. A number in their rank have climbed the perimeter fence to get closer to the action and begin to shake the structure when, all of a sudden, it begins to fold under their weight and collapses inward.

This provokes an unforeseen circumstance. The goal in front of the fence had been tied to it for support. It buckles and falls too.

90min delay to the game, while they sourced a new goal from the training centre

Personally, the 6-1 league winning game vs Dunfermline. The tension was unbelievable. On TV probably Liverpool European Cup come back

0.2 at ht v Motherwell, sc semi at Hampden ended up 3.2.
Still remember that punt up the park from McCloy
As a youngster saw Dumbarton hold the filth to a 0.0 draw in a lge cup semi 1970 i think when the Dumbarton keeper saved a pen and the rebound in the last min of extra time, Sons broke away clear and the ref blew for time up.

A 4-4 game v them in the mid 80s we went behind 0-2, they go down to 10 men, we get a goal back to make it 1-2 , they score to make it 1-3, your thinking the games over but then somehow we go 4-3 up think weve won it then they scored to equalise, was a crazy day poured with rain as well.

Accy Stanley beating Bolton in a League One fixture is extraordinary enough but to win 7-1 after being a goal down was surreal.

Glentoran 3 Linfield 2.

Morgan Day. (2005)

Last game of season, Glens needed to win to win the league, a draw and Linfield had won it.

2-2 until injury time then Chris Morgan (ex Linfield striker) strokes one in 3-2 Glens, place went mental.

Bluemen took a doing on the pitch and off it.

For atmosphere it has to be parma, for on the pitch Braga this season is up there, we were down and out and being handed our a^*^ and came back in unbelievable fashion. Most extraordinary night for me though was in front of my tele during that penalty shoot out against Fiorentina, a high point of my Rangers supporting life!

Another one was Accy v Crewe this season in the FA cup. The ref got injured during the first half so the fourth official took over. He was injured at half time so there was a one hour delay and the second half kicked off around 10 past 5 with an assistant ref in charge and only one running the line. The game finally ended after 6 o'clock with Crewe winning 2-0. Not bad for a 3pm kick off without extra time.

as a kid my dad got tickets to the 81 cup final replay. I was excited to go but at 11 years of age, was a pessimist and thought we would lose to a very good Dundee Utd side. Cooper and Russell were just incredible that night, we won 4-1 and I was never so happy to be wrong

Another vote for the 2-2 draw with Marseille in the teeming rain. What a party afterwards in the Nile.

Non Rangers was watching Spurs lose 5-4 to Arsenal at White Hart Lane. The highlight was a black lad in front of me giving Thierry Henry racist abuse every time he was near. The look of Henry’s face when clocked it was a fellow black man that was berating him was utterly priceless.

Hurlford 2 Talbot 3 in the junior cup final is one that springs to mind

Ford winning 2-1 as the clock turns 90. Ford take off their winning goal scorer to get the applause and adulation of his fans.

91:17 Talbot equalise.

92:58 Talbot score the winning goal.

Scenes. Limbs. All sorts.

An Irish game league between my local club Coleraine and Glentoran in 1998.
Coleraine 4-1 up and cruising with about ten minutes to go. Knocking the ball about lovely and giving the Glens the runaround.

Final score Glentoran 5 - 4 Coleraine

Newcastle 4 Arsenal 4.

Arsenal 4-0 up at half time and Tiote with a last minute equaliser. Wild game and I was sat behind the end where the goals all went in.

Rangers vs parma for me, brilliant result but the atmosphere was unbelievable. The parma fans were covering there ears, unreal night.

Was at the Shelbourne game and can mind after the disappointment of the previous season and spending a fortune on Amato, numan and GVB to be 3-0 down at HT wasn’t expected.

Was also there for Killie last game of the season, pal sorted me out with tickets for the killie end but told me not to cheer, after the second half the whole stand was doing the bouncy.

As the title suggests what is the maddest, most extraordinary or unbelievable game you have attended?

Rangers-wise was by far the 5-5 with Hibs a couple of seasons ago, a proper bonkers end of season game.

Non-Rangers related it has to be Willem II 5 - 0 PSV in the Eredivisie back in 2018. Was in Holland for the weekend and bought tickets for the game on a whim and got treated to an absolutely crazy unforeseen result.
For me the Warburton semi v the peasents . What a day

A few to choose from here, Rangers related the one that immediately springs to mind is Hagi's winner against Braga. Non-Rangers, the 4-4 between Newcastle United and Arsenal, Newcastle 0-4 down at half-time. Mental.

Back