Most extraordinary game you have attended?

three that spring to mind:

skol cup final 3-3
rangers 0 hearts 3 - Allan 'Magic' Johnson
Rangers 0 - Dundee Utd 3 (i think all in the first half, one of the few times there was a fair bit of a sing song in the copland)
Was at the Dundee united one in the enclosure.. strange game

Aberdeen away, 1-0, big Lorenzo with the goal, coin of Robbie winters head, seat chucked off an old dude in front of me, players taken off the pitch, riot police

And then to top it trying to explain to my mum why I was in the front page of the sun giving the sheep the fingers! :)

non rangers def Everton v West Ham 15/16 we came back won 3-2 Payet at that time was amazing ended up 6 rows down from the seat won a good wedge mate had left to get cans for bus missed the action didnt believe it when we got on

Got to be Rangers 2 Celtic 2 in 1987.

Our keeper and their centre forward sent off.
Our centre back in goal.
We go 2 down including a crazy own goal by our captain.
Our captain then gets sent off.
Then our 9 men score twice, with an injury time equaliser.
Then the stand in keeper conducts the choir.

Ended up in a court case too.
This for me too. Everytime. Despite the great victories, cup and league wins we've had, if I could go back to one game and re-live it, it would be this one

Marseille game in real champions league at Ibrox. 2-0 down and looking beaten.
Turned around and brought back to 2-2 second half.
In the end I think we were unlucky to only draw.

This for me too. Everytime. Despite the great victories, cup and league wins we've had, if I could go back to one game and re-live it, it would be this one
Before the next OF game, a Tim said to me the only way Celtic will win, is if Roberts is in goal again.

Lo and behold Roberts ended up in goal.

And I think we lost.

Robertson off after 6 mins, McCoist scores on strike of half time, McStay rattles bar, Goram imperious.

Good guys 1-0 Celtc.

Waddell is still a Rangers hating cnut

Carrick Rangers surviving relegation from the Irish League about 5/6 years ago, Carrick Striker Miguel Chimes scored a wonder overhead kick on the 90th minute, seconds later word came that in their Match Warrenpoint were awarded a 95th minute penalty and if scored would save them and relegate Carrick.

Thankfully the penalty was not converted, it was a mad finale.

Probably the 5-3 game against shelbourne. We were 3-0 down at halftime. Think it was advocaats first competitive game if I’m right?
Just read through the whole thread, why do so many recall us being 3-0 at half time in that game?

Shelbourne scored their 3rd just before the hour mark.
They only led 3-0 for about 2 minutes.

Rangers 6 Kilmarnock 4 Scottish cup at Hampden. Canny remember the Year. We were hanging on for the last 10 mins. Mental.

Non Rangers I'd say Hamburg the day they got relegated. Game wasn't too eventful but the scenes at the end were pretty mad.

The Kilmarnock 5-1 game was something else. I was pretty much out of breath after those mad 6 minutes :D What a bloody day that was.

Newcastle 4 Arsenal 4.

Arsenal 4-0 up at half time and Tiote with a last minute equaliser. Wild game and I was sat behind the end where the goals all went in.
My mate who is a NUFC fan left that game at half time. Think he got as far as Berwick and it came on radio that it finished 4-4. Said he'd regret it for the rest of his life.

As the title suggests what is the maddest, most extraordinary or unbelievable game you have attended?

Rangers-wise was by far the 5-5 with Hibs a couple of seasons ago, a proper bonkers end of season game.

Non-Rangers related it has to be Willem II 5 - 0 PSV in the Eredivisie back in 2018. Was in Holland for the weekend and bought tickets for the game on a whim and got treated to an absolutely crazy unforeseen result.
still get a chill when I remember the night we beat Juve 2-0 at Ibrox to knock them out, loudest I`ve ever heard at Ibrox, what a night that was

Had a NAC Breda season ticket when i lived in Holland, we were playing Ajax on the Saturday at home. Ajax had a few dodgy results leading up to it and we thought we were gonna give them a right good game.
Think it finished 5 or 6 nil.
Watched a re run of it recently to get a glimpse of the Ajax team to see how many players kicked on in their career..
Zlatan, Van De Vaart, Schneider, Trabelsi, Mutu, Heitenger, Pienaar, Galasek and Van Der Meyde all played that day..
Still have a laugh looking back thinking we were gonna beat the kids..

1-0 at the piggery.
Laudrup scores, Van Vossen misses and 2 penalties saved.
Watched in our local Rangers club ambulance was called once for a heart attack and polis twice for battling as a closet tim was amongst us A mental mental night :D

Last edited:
Non Rangers game. 1971 league cup final. Thistle 4 Celtic 1
Same game my old man was a tic fan took me and all i can remember is him with his mates cursing and swearing i was to young to realise that the Thistle should'nt be beating his beloved 4 nothing at half time .And best Rangers game was the 2.2 Gough last minute my dads face when i seen him at work a few days later Glorious .

Maddest - away to Aston Villa. I think there was something happening every minute from the point of getting off the bus at about 10:00 to leaving Blackpool at midnight.

Extraordinary- Shelbourne away at Tranmere

Unbelievable - went to see Liverpool v Tottenham late 70’s. Ardiles and Villa playing for Spurs and they were looking like potential league winners. Liverpool beat them 7-0. Worth a look if it is on YouTube.

Don’t know where it fits in but Scotland v Wales in Liverpool around 1977 was brilliant. That was when Rangers supporters were the majority. 90% of the crowd were Scottish . Wales had the Kop but they ended up with a corner up at the back.

Man City V Spurs champions league 1/4 final second leg. VAR ultimately decided the game at the end but I’ve never witnessed anything like it. First time at the etihad and the game was 100mph from the start. City 3-2 up after 20 minutes - Spurs were winning 2-1 on 10 minutes. End to end and for the goal to be chopped at the death was a sickener for City.

Was at the Dundee united one in the enclosure.. strange game
Was in the enclosure that day too. Did we not lose our 2 central defenders with injuries in the 1st 15 minutes or so. Was at the game v Hearts in the 70s when we won 6 nil after being 0-0 at ht. DJ got a hat trick that day. Non Rangers game was Thistle being 4 up against the beggars in the league Cup final at half time.

Man City V Spurs champions league 1/4 final second leg. VAR ultimately decided the game at the end but I’ve never witnessed anything like it. First time at the etihad and the game was 100mph from the start. City 3-2 up after 20 minutes - Spurs were winning 2-1 on 10 minutes. End to end and for the goal to be chopped at the death was a sickener for City.
I was at the Spurs semi final second leg against away to Ajax in the next round. Lucas Moura scored to put them through in the last minute of injury time .

Never heard anything like it, Ajax fans thought they’d done enough & we’re celebrating then bang, he scores and the little pocket of Spurs fans up in the furthest away corner went absolutely mental.

1979 LC Semi Final against the Scum.
That rat Doyle scores first at the Rangers end and runs round the back of the goal celebrating both arms raised.
Alex Miller and Tommy Burns sent off.
Alex McDonald squares upto Roy Aitken in a boxers stance.
Game finishes 2-2, goes to extra time.
Jim Casey scores an own goal at the Rangers end. We win it 3-2.
Rangers support goes mental celebrating.

And Johnny Doyle is seen running straight for the tunnel on the final whistle. B-D

Brilliant night.

I think you could easily say the spurs fans had the ride of their lives on the run up to the final
I was at the Spurs semi final second leg against away to Ajax in the next round. Lucas Moura scored to put them through in the last minute of injury time .

Never heard anything like it, Ajax fans thought they’d done enough & we’re celebrating then bang, he scores and the little pocket of Spurs fans up in the furthest away corner went absolutely mental.

I noticed this is an old thread but my answer is the same as the first reply. Braga.

My wife came to the game because my mates couldn’t make it. She doesn’t really care about football but by the third goal she was jumping about mental with me and my other mate and after the game said she now understood how we feel so strongly about it (football).

87 Roberts in goal. Was a mad day and I was at one of my first games alone. Frank, where’s the birds and Butcher and Woods sent off. I was 10 but on my local village supporter bus.

On the pitch Blackburn 4 Derby 2 in play offs 1992. First leg, 2 0 down after 15 minutes and came back and won 4-2. Was at Anfield day won league but that Derby match just edged it.

Off the pitch being in the Newells Old Boys end at Racing was pretty special. Arrived 30 mins before kick off and was struggling to get in until a copper took pity on me and let me in the away end. They never shut up all match, 3-0 down at half time with all kinds going on - kiosks being banged by young lads etc and coppers all over ready to go. It was the day before I went to Boca v River and just beat that for atmosphere as we were in a bit of a backpackers section for that whereas the Newells match was with their main fans.

Only been Ibrox about 10 times but I still remember my first match, was a school trip when I was 11 or so - stood on the terrace (sure it was being demolished a few months later) and heard all kinds of new words!

2-0 down to Motherwell at Hampden in the cup and thinking the treble was gone.
We scored 3 in the second half.

Had a NAC Breda season ticket when i lived in Holland, we were playing Ajax on the Saturday at home. Ajax had a few dodgy results leading up to it and we thought we were gonna give them a right good game.
Think it finished 5 or 6 nil.
Watched a re run of it recently to get a glimpse of the Ajax team to see how many players kicked on in their career..
Zlatan, Van De Vaart, Schneider, Trabelsi, Mutu, Heitenger, Pienaar, Galasek and Van Der Meyde all played that day..
Still have a laugh looking back thinking we were gonna beat the kids..
Went to Ajax v Feyenoord in 2003 and I’ve looked back at who played and some of those names were playing. Few going on to bigger things.

Back