Most treasured Rangers possession?

daviemil2021

When I was about 6 (1994), I got a Shoot annual and there was a blank page to design strips. I did some Rangers ones and wrote a letter to the club.

My old man found it and posted it to Ibrox.

I received a letter on headed paper signed by Walter Smith, thanking me for my designs and that they’d keep them in mind for the future (they’ve not been used to my knowledge yet)!

It’s framed and on the wall in my office.

When I was about 6 (1994), I got a Shoot annual and there was a blank page to design strips. I did some Rangers ones and wrote a letter to the club.

I received a letter on headed paper signed by Walter Smith, thanking me for my designs and that they’d keep them in mind for the future (they’ve not been used to my knowledge yet)!

That’s really cool, great to have

Two things that mean the most because they were both presents from my late Mum

The Spirit of Rangers print she got me for my Christmas signed by John Greig, Sandy Jardine and Jim Baxter

Identical to this

And a Cashmere Rangers scarf that was also a Christmas present

I wouldn’t dare wear it to Ibrox incase i lost it

Love it .

The one thing I really want is a decent condition home shirt from 1988. I’ve managed to get all the other shirts I like from 89 onwards in my collection including the lilac beauty. But that one has eluded me thus far (saying I’m not paying stupid money for it either doesn’t help)

Picture I got with super Ally after waiting outside the stadium in the pishing rain for him. He told me to run with him to his car for a picture and autograph. I still look at it like I'm a wee boy.

An absolute legend.

I’ve got quite a bit of Rangers memorabilia but this is the most treasured. Signed as the great one came of the team bus a few hours before the 2-0 win which sealed the second part of the treble that day.

I was in the crowd that day with my mates. My favourite ever Rangers team. :) " We are the Champions " by Queen ringing around Ibrox.

When I was a wee boy, I was doing the tour of Ibrox with my dad and Durrant was in for treatment. Gave me a full Rangers kit, which I’ve still got today.

Also got a wooden seat from the old Hampden with a Rangers badge carved into it.

Davie Coopers signed Autobiography

Theres a wee story to this one.

My missus used to work for cordia and one of her elderly clients sat her down one day and told the story of how her brother was the doorman at Ibrox for years and then she said i feel i.should give you this and gave her his club pin badge from his uniform. The back pin piece is badly worn with age but still a wee piece of Ibrox History.

A few years ago I bought an orfiginal copy of “The story of the Rangers, 50 years of football”

Delighted to find it was signed inside by the Wee Blue devil, Alan Morton.

I’ve also got a photo of John Lundstram tearing up the pitch having scored in the Europa semi final with me and the boys in the background- I need to get a copy signed

Two things that mean the most because they were both presents from my late Mum

The Spirit of Rangers print she got me for my Christmas signed by John Greig, Sandy Jardine and Jim Baxter

Identical to this

And a Cashmere Rangers scarf that was also a Christmas present

I wouldn’t dare wear it to Ibrox incase i lost it
I’ve got that pic and my scarf is one from the sixties, can’t describe it but it’s the one that is cut at an angle at the bottom and the crest printed on at various points, I love to wear it, you should get yours out the drawer and back on for games.

I’ve got that pic and my scarf is one from the sixties, can’t describe it but it’s the one that is cut at an angle at the bottom and the crest printed on at various points, I love to wear it, you should get yours out the drawer and back on for games.
As i said mate i couldn’t live with myself if i somehow lost it so it stays in the house

A football cap owned by Alan Morton
Signed canvas of John Greig
Framed 1972 ECWC final shirt signed by the entire team obtained from Colin Bomber Jackson
Signed photo of Super Ally
Signed photo of Davie Weir

Back