Most treasured Rangers possession?

A few years ago I bought an orfiginal copy of “The story of the Rangers, 50 years of football”

Delighted to find it was signed inside by the Wee Blue devil, Alan Morton.

I’ve also got a photo of John Lundstram tearing up the pitch having scored in the Europa semi final with me and the boys in the background- I need to get a copy signed
I have a medal presented to Alan Morton by a sports magazine and the telegram that accompanied it.

my mother got a piece of paper signed by Willie Waddell and 4/5 other Rangers players who played 2 games up north either late 1940's or early 1950's , Rangers played Deveronvale and an Inverness select a few days later and think the squad split into groups and visited some local schools on their journey from Banff to Inverness

not really my prized possession as such but she gave it to me

When I was about 6 (1994), I got a Shoot annual and there was a blank page to design strips. I did some Rangers ones and wrote a letter to the club.

My old man found it and posted it to Ibrox.

I received a letter on headed paper signed by Walter Smith, thanking me for my designs and that they’d keep them in mind for the future (they’ve not been used to my knowledge yet)!

It’s framed and on the wall in my office.
the tie Walter Smith took off and gave to me when the team returned to Ibrox after clinching 9 in a row

I’m very lucky that I got into collecting Rangers memorabilia a long time ago and I got some fortune with eBay in the early 2000s when it wasn’t such a popular (or expensive) hobby.

I have signed balls from 80s & 90s, some signed tops, a player worn Richard Gough top (not signed), programmes of the Chp Finals from Treble seasons, ECWC run programmes, signed photos, a season ticket from 1919/20.
A load of books & programmes are well.

I had an idea at one time of having it all in a room but in my office I’ve restricted myself to on original Senga Murray drawing of Nigel Spackman ;) and a signed goalies top from around November 1987 with signatures of Souness, Cooper, Gough, McCoist, Francis, Butcher and many others.
A few more recent prints up as well and my old main stand pen set.

My kids are following Rangers and so passing a lot of this on to them would be an option but they aren’t at an age where whey really understand the value of memorabilia yet.

I mentioned earlier in the thread about a squad signed cwc celebration dinner menu, but I've got 3 other bits of memorabilia that, while not worth anything, have got decent stories attached to them.

I've got a glass bottle of irn bru given to me by gazza. Was an apprentice at the time and we changed the locks on the house at Loch lomond when he first signed.
He literally had nothing on him, or anything in the house as he'd only been there hours. All he had was 2 bottles of irn bru in the fridge, so gave me one, I've still got it sealed. A few days later the gaffer called me into the office and gave me £100. Said gazza sent it in for me and apologised for not having anything on him at the time.

Mid 2000s we were repossessing a house Ally rented out on his land. Long story short, someone was using it to get lots of goods delivered, then not pay for them
Once we got entry, nothing much was left in the house, but packaging boxes except for a beautifully boxed and presented edinburgh crystal decanter and glasses. Ally turned round and said, "You just keep it....I don't drink," done his cheeky smile, and winked.

Last one, I was changing Goldsons locks when he lived in Bishopbriggs. I agreed to go back a couple of days later. I thought I'd chance it and get him to sign my 150th anniversary top.
He agreed but went one better. He said he'd take it into training and get other to sign it for me.
I never heard from him again (I was calling him for everything saying he stole my top) then, when we thought he was leaving I got a call from auchenhowie saying something was at reception for me.
Yes, it was the shirt signed by the entire 55 squad (no management unfortunately)
My guess was he was clearing out his locker at the end of season and found it in there having forgotten about it.

Came to say the same thing. Owned lots of cool stuff over the years but ultimately it’s worthless compared to the moments that I have no documents or photos of, but will remember until my mind goes.
Very true indeed pal. My greatest memories are taking my son to Ibrox once he was old enough. He’s now 19 and goes with his pals more often than not.

Im already preparing to take my grand daughter next, she’s only 2 but has her MyGers and ST application in, more brilliant memories to be made.

I do also have a good (but not complete) collection of Rangers Handbooks.

As I’ve discussed on here a number of times, my Dad is a Celtic supporter and he has a collection of Celtic Handbooks that my grandfather would have started in the 40s of before.

So between us we have both sets, and I imagine that’s a bit unique.

I have the contract my dad got when he signed for Rangers in 1953. It has Bill Struth’s signature on it. He had to retire in 1956 due to injury. He was 21.

I also have other bits and pieces but have a program that mentions him scoring for the reserves.
Wow - that contract is a wonderful item for you to have.

One of my eldest’s pals told me that his grandfather (possibly great grandfather) played for Rangers.. in the reserves from what I can see but in a corner of Berkshire this lad has a Rangers flag up on his wall because of a distance family connection.

A have a few bits and pieces, signed shirts and a programme from the 83/84 League Cup Final (McCoist hat trick game) signed by the team. This is my most prized though due to the sentimental value. It was my Grandpa's scarf and I've had it since he passed away some 35/36 years ago. I'm not even sure how old it is, from the 60's or 70's probably.

Got a birthday card signed by the squad for my 10th birthday 02/03 season along with the red keeper top signed by Stefan Klos and also got Michael Mols shirt he wore in a pre season friendly (away 00/01)
My auntie was friends with one of the staff in the kitchens at Ibrox back in the day and was able to get hold of all sorts of stuff for me and my bro. From memory her name was Andrina?

A have a few bits and pieces, signed shirts and a programme from the 83/84 League Cup Final (McCoist hat trick game) signed by the team. This is my most prized though due to the sentimental value. It was my Grandpa's scarf and I've had it since he passed away some 35/36 years ago. I'm not even sure how old it is, from the 60's or 70's probably.

Great scarf. My Dad had a few 'silk' scarves from 60's they didn't have the supporters crest and this looks earlier. Someone from RFSA could help. https://www.rfcsa.co.uk/

Great scarf. My Dad had a few 'silk' scarves from 60's they didn't have the supporters crest and this looks earlier. Someone from RFSA could help. https://www.rfcsa.co.uk/

Thanks mate. I just had a look and the RFCSA was established in 1946 so it could be older than I thought. I'll maybe reach out to them and see if they can give me any info on it. Cheers.

Barca 72 jersey signed by all 11 players in the starting 11
William Wilton's pay cheque from 30th Jan 1920 featuring his signature and the signatures of 2 directors George W Small and Joseph Buchanan

Back