Most treasured Rangers possession?

My 1st Ibrox game programme EC QF v Cologne.
Reminds me of the tea served by Mr Greig and Tommy McLean inside the main stand (underneath? I was 10) as it was raining so hard on the cologne ticket que outside.

I have got so many that it's hard to pick one Signed Follow Follow Lp by the 78 squad Black and white Signed photo from Davie Cooper when he just signed for us and numerous other things but I have chosen this my late Aunt Eleanor bought it for me in the early 60s and found it when clearing my mum's house when she died
My wife got it framed for me the following Christmas

I’ve got a framed 1972 cup winners cup signed shirt, its sadly in my garage until I move to a bigger house where it will be hung in some sort of bar / games room.

My late Dad's 1960 Scottish Cup commemorative beer glass. He gave me first New Year 'shandy' in it. Not worth any cash but holds sentimental memories of toasting victories and as I tell my siblings and family I consider our best heirloom!!

We have one of these, it was put into "the cabinet" for safe keeping as it was almost worn out

Medal won by Jimmy Gordon over a hundred years ago. Beautiful piece of work.

Ball from ‘76 signed by the whole team.

A napkin from a SC semi final v Falkirk, again over a hundred years ago. Very fragile and needs properly framed.

Best possessions are memories of times going to watch Rangers with my dad and son. What I’d give just to have one more game with them.

Two things-a programme from the week after we won our first league title under Souness at Pitoddrie. Brought to me on a first date. He was a good one!

And a picture of me and Walter at a supporters club dance circa 1994. My boys recently got it made into a sketch.

Got an ultra rare Rangers top which I have bored you all about before (red Center Parcs).
Also did a lot of work over the years for the club that has given me brilliant memories.

Signed top from Walter to me with name my old man got it at a charity golf day he was at, sent him with a pen, strip and cash my dad made donation to the charity on my behalf.

Two things that mean the most because they were both presents from my late Mum

The Spirit of Rangers print she got me for my Christmas signed by John Greig, Sandy Jardine and Jim Baxter

Identical to this

And a Cashmere Rangers scarf that was also a Christmas present

I wouldn’t dare wear it to Ibrox incase i lost it

You also got a signed letter from Souness on Rangers headed paper, you're my doppelganger ain't ya?

Oh, I've a daughter called Ibrox...prob not my possession mind? :)

A Rangers tea towel my granny bought me in 1964, still in immaculate condition.
A wooden box containing a whisky decanter (still unopened) and two whisky glasses commemorating the 40th anniversary of Barcelona - although because it’s from 2012 it’s stuck away in the back of a cupboard.

I have a home top signed by the Manchester squad, it has the Uefa Cup badge on the sleeve
Bought one at an auction. I have a programme and my ticket for the match. Need to get it all framed properly. My top doesn’t have the Uefa Cup badge though. Nice one mate.

I do have a 1996 Denmark training top, actually worn by your namesake, god himself while he was with the Denmark team training at Hampden. I got on an Erskine auction on here.
That one has pride of place!

Best of all though, I have an official Rangers tie from the 50’s. It was given to my by a great man, my late father in law. Very special to me.

In the 90s my sister was dating "one of that lot" and his dad gave me the cardboard table menu from the 1972 cup winners cup celebration winning dinner
He was working at the event and got it signed by the majority of the squad and management.
It's also signed by alex ferguson who was at the dinner and listed on the menu as the head of the Rangers Supporters Association.
It's black and white card, a5 in size and folded into 3 pages (5 sides)
Cover, 3 inner pages showing the choice of starters, mains and desserts and the back has the players, management, officials names listed.

It's signed across all 5 pages.

Anyway it was given to me with the words "you'll appreciate this a lot more than me seeing as youre a rangers fan"

The day Sandy Jardine died I drove into Ibrox and bought the last limited edition 1972 ECWC commemorative signed jersey in stock.

There would never be another jersey signed by the full team after that moment, so I dropped what I was doing and went and got it.

So it’s that for me.

The programme from my very first game against Motherwell at Hampden in 1987 in the Skol Cup semi-final is quite special too.

My daughter also has a signed letter to her from Walter Smith that we guard closely:)

My Grandads scarf its double my age, the photos of my oldests first match and all the bits and bobs we bought that day. All of the above sit proudly framed in his room.

I also have a few uniqur items I guess. The architect drawings and all related construction documents to the building of the club deck. Passed on to me by a retiring Project Manager when I was a young junior surveyor.

A photo of me being presented a runners up medal for the Scottish cup final by Sandy Jardine.

I think loads of people have the desk set from the old wooden seats?

I have an old Rangers Football club book from 1963 that Jim Baxter, John Grieg, Wee Willie Henderson, Bobby Shearer, Ronnie McKinnon, and Davie Wilson signed for me. I still have the book to this day. There are more signatures on there but I can't remember them all without digging out the book.

Framed 72 CWC top signed by the entire team and Colin Jackson.

Team poster from 86/87 with individual pictures around the team.
I stuck a Panini sticker of Graham Roberts on it as he wasn't in the picture and he took me on the team bus outside Tannadice and made sure each player there signed their picture for me.

20170417-142850.jpg

20170417-142927.jpg

20170417-143040.jpg

Last edited:
My most treasured football memorabilia is actually my Papa’s Motherwell scarf from the 1952 Scottish Cup Final.

In terms of Rangers I have a signed and framed Gerrard 55 shirt, albeit the previous seasons shirt, bought when he joined.

On that note, I have 2 David Jackson original frame paintings (prints) one of Gascoigne (159/500) and the other of Barry Ferguson and Peter Lovenkrands (112/500) from the 2002 SCF.

Any idea how I’d get those signed by the players mentioned?

When I was about 6 (1994), I got a Shoot annual and there was a blank page to design strips. I did some Rangers ones and wrote a letter to the club.

My old man found it and posted it to Ibrox.

I received a letter on headed paper signed by Walter Smith, thanking me for my designs and that they’d keep them in mind for the future (they’ve not been used to my knowledge yet)!

It’s framed and on the wall in my office.
I stole headed paper from the training centre, working there years ago. I used it to write a letter to my mate advising him he was having his season ticket suspended having been identified on CCTV singing sectarian songs at a recent away match he'd been at.

Mine is my father’s 94/95 top. He has dementia now and can no longer attend games. But one of my closest friends lives in Glasgow and always looked after my parents when they travelled over. Taking them for dinner and the likes. I recently passed the top to him and he wears it in my dad’s honour at matches. Makes me feel like a little bit of him is still there at Ibrox on match days.

This might sound a bit perverse and, although wouldn't describe as most prized possession, what i do have is, 3 Dundee Utd flags, which are lovely reminders of sitting in the home end at Tannadice with my 2 kids, when we won the league there in 2009. That was the match they celebrated their centenary and were handing out flags to all the home supporters upon entry at the turnstiles.
Of course, we were there to celebrate for another reason B-)

Never really been one for possessions or memorabilia.

I was lucky enough to meet Sir Walter a few times, had dinner with him and SDM, a truly memorable evening, have a framed photo of myself and the great man.

Memories of all the domestic games and trips abroad that I've shared with my son also the programme from first match I attended v Airdrie, 2nd December 1967 and programme from first time I witnessed us beating the great unwashed. DJ league cup final October 1970.

When I was about 6 (1994), I got a Shoot annual and there was a blank page to design strips. I did some Rangers ones and wrote a letter to the club.

My old man found it and posted it to Ibrox.

I received a letter on headed paper signed by Walter Smith, thanking me for my designs and that they’d keep them in mind for the future (they’ve not been used to my knowledge yet)!

It’s framed and on the wall in my office.

1st game programme, St Johnstone 1974

Back