Most treasured Rangers possession?

3 books . all original 1st editions.

THE STORY OF THE RANGERS . FIFTY YEARS FOOTBALL 1873-1923 . ELEVEN GREAT YEAR . THE RANGERS 1923 TO 1934 . RANGERS EVENTFUL YEARS 1934-1951 .

I was given those as well along with a few others in mint condition with covers back in the early 80's, I loved reading them, sadly I didn't take care of them at all, loaned a couple out and never got them back :(.

i'd say my ticket stubs from 84 on are my favourite memorabilia, I've got some crackers in mint condition that i'm amazed i've managed to keep.

When I was about 6 (1994), I got a Shoot annual and there was a blank page to design strips. I did some Rangers ones and wrote a letter to the club.

My old man found it and posted it to Ibrox.

I received a letter on headed paper signed by Walter Smith, thanking me for my designs and that they’d keep them in mind for the future (they’ve not been used to my knowledge yet)!

It’s framed and on the wall in my office.
I have my Seville ticket framed , Ally’s book signed , and a personal letter from Murray 1988 and a personal Xmas card from him .!yes yes I know what he did , but he also gave us amazing players

I have a few pieces of memorabilia, some very old and some recent. However, one that I will treasure was given to me by a workman at the front of the Main Entrance to Ibrox on 5/12/2023, the day of the AGM. We had played Aris Limassol on the previous Thursday and the UEFA entourage had descended on Ibrox. Bringing in their merchandise, banners, signage, etc, a fork lift truck was loading up at the main door and its fork blade damaged the white marble entranceway, causing it to chip and crack along its edge. That day, we were chatting to the stonemason who had been brought in to repair it and he gave me a chunk of the original marble.

It's not much, but I do know that all of the Rangers greats, who ever were, have walked over it.

My grandpa's old silk scarves. Although, one of them is more like a shawl than a scarf. Maybe he got that for my gran but the scarf.

My best items are programmes, got the Moscow Dynamo 1945, Scottish Cup Final 1948, Tims at home 1951, Racing Club Paris friendly 1955,and many others.
Was keeping them to hand down to my son,but may split them with him and my new grandson

3 books . all original 1st editions.

THE STORY OF THE RANGERS . FIFTY YEARS FOOTBALL 1873-1923 . ELEVEN GREAT YEAR . THE RANGERS 1923 TO 1934 . RANGERS EVENTFUL YEARS 1934-1951 .
I have these books as well
I also have Official handbook for season 1926/27 & other official handbooks from season 1933/34 right through to last season they were produced

A squad signed home shirt from the 2010/11 title winning season and a club crest pennant signed by the late and greatly missed Sandy Jardine

My scarf ,complete with holes in it , found it on the waste ground at the bottom of the Copland road which is now a wee housing scheme after we beat the Earls 3-1 John Greig scoring when they were moaning
Get dogs abuse but it stays with me till I’m no longer on this earth

Thanks mate. I just had a look and the RFCSA was established in 1946 so it could be older than I thought. I'll maybe reach out to them and see if they can give me any info on it. Cheers.
If you find out the history come back and let us know.

I have a 2001/02 strip signed by the team. It’s in a frame in a cupboard just now until I move house and can stick it on a wall somewhere.

No idea of it’s worth.

From my collection I sent Rangers top for signing to training ground same year we won 55 and it was sent back signed
I got playing for Rangers book signed when I was ball boy between 73 to 75
My dad was ball boy between to 45 to 47 and he gave me his autograph book from players signing it

Framed 1972 Cup Winners Cup final poster hand signed by the entire team.

It’s 002 and I believe 001 hangs in Ibrox

It was won at auction and given to me as a present by Paul McBride no less (family friend)

A blue blazer with embroidered RFC crest on the lapel, from my stint as a matchday volunteer in the Family Stand, before Covid got in the way and put a stop to that

Ignore how dirty it is, been stored and I had forgotten I even had it and cannot remember how I came to get it either, but I think this tie is my most treasured Rangers item: (edit - also hidden in that box was all the Coisty VHS tapes!)

GJl1UW7WEAAk_8H

Last edited:
i have two ticket stubs from games i attended
red star belgrade away (1990} my first away european trip on the shettleston loyal bus
and the ticket stub from the league winning game of 1999 against the mutants at parkhead

Got a couple

Picture of the wee man leading us out as mascot in an OF with Tav

Signed Tav armband

2 Tops and a MOTM medal from playing at Ibrox (3 goals and 5 goals)

1963 programme from day my late dad was born, also got the programmes from the day I was born and my son, will frame them together one day

I’ve got signed and matchworn shirts and a signed Cooper book which is treasured.

But from a historical point of view I’ve got a signed programme from the 100 years of Ibrox Stadium match where legends from the 1950s up until the mid 90s were paraded on the pitch. They’ve all signed the programme.

Whist I accept it,s a standard letter which goes out I am nevertheless proud to have a letter of condolence from the club when I lost my son in 2010 signed by Ally Mccoist .

Signed "Super Cooper" VHS. I also had a signed True Blue book but made the mistake of giving someone a loan and never got it back.

1997 Rangers top signed by the 9IAR team.

A framed print that I won in a raffle on here for the RSEA.

A signed photo of Dave Smith & Franz Beckenbauer shaking hands pre KO at the CWC semi at Ibrox.

Back