Mourinho is Spurs manager - confirmed

I used to like Jose but his interviews near the end of his last stint became boring and hard to watch.

Got his work cut out with what looks now to be a disjointed squad.

Just shows no loyalty in football. If Man U had tapped up Poch Levy would be greetin and going to FA. But ok for them to sneak about behind his back. I get Spurs arent in a place right now but think they have treated Pochettino very poorly. And this is from someone with no particular love of Spurs

He likes to spend money and Levy doesn't, odd odd appointment.

Spurs spent £100m+ in the summer, 5th highest spend in the EPL.

Doubt it’s a bottomless pit but there’s clearly money there and the squad will need a revamp.

Spurs fans need to weigh up what they want. Where has 40 years or so of "attacking football" got them?

This is a big statement form Spurs, appointing a top top manager. I think Levy has shat himself that there is (was) a massive likelihood that Kane would want to go to Spain in the summer and wants to pull out all the stops to win some Silverware.

Quite odd when you consider the money people were willing to pay them for his compensation to get him in as manager. Ironically he could go to united and end up making them better than Spurs can ever be due to finances.

Mourinho has won things wherever he has went. Spurs don't ever win anything. So, on the face of it, it's a step forward for the club.

Just put themselves in the big leagues with their new stadium and, now, new manager.

I don't understand the yesterday man comments.

He won the League Cup and Europa League with Manchester United not that long ago. He was right in that finishing runners up with that Manchester United squad at the time was no mean feat.

There are absolutely no excuses for Mourinho at Tottenham - he's got a talented squad who are not performing this season.

Less money than previously, not as big expectations as a Real Madrid or Manchester United. It will be interesting to see how Jose does?

I can't believe Tottenham have sacked their manager before Arsenal.

Pochettino trophyless and over rated.

My Family on my Mum's side are season Ticket holders at Spurs so followed SPurs most of my life as well, If he can replicate what he did at Man U which was a supposed failure then I'll be over the moon with a couple of trophies won

giphy.gif

He doesn't have the clout to go into a club demanding big budgets anymore. He's won a watch with this job. Predict a disaster here.

Jose is class, wins trophies wherever he goes. Spurs seem to just be slightly off being a trophy winning club and they probably think he is the man to get them silverware.

Surprised at sacking poch though he's been excellent

Jose is not a good manager in modern football, football has moved on, he never has. it's mental that he continually gets these jobs, he's a downgrade on poch

Time will tell, José will always bring a smile to my face as the first thing I think about when he is mentioned is Seville 2003.
A stat on sky news last night - Poch has spent an average of eighteen million a season on transfers since becoming Tottenham manager, an incredibly low outlay for a top half Premiership club.
As others have mentioned, clubs complain about loyalty and skulduggery,but Tottenham may have been hustling behind their manager's back.
Jose never seems to stay long at clubs,so Tottenham may be looking for a new manager in 18 months.

Pleased with that as a follower of Spurs. A born winner appointed. Up to Levy to back him in the transfer window now.

it'll be interesting , jose is still a top manager but usually likes to spend big. levy is usually not so keen to do that.

When Jose first rocked up at Chelsea, the football he had them playing was really good to watch. I'm not sure what's happened over the years but he obviously became more defensive which he was still fairly successful with.

He's changed all his backroom staff etc, I'm expecting him to be a lot more attacking. If we do that's the Jose that a lot of us will enjoy watching.

Pochetino was a good manager but his time was up when he said he would chuck it if they won the CL. I think he realised that he was never going to get a chance like that again with Spurs and they are on a downwards trend. Mourinho will win a trophy with them which is what they are craving.

Don't think he'll be a disaster. The job he did at Man United was criminally underrated

I agree.

I actually have a sneaky feeling this might be a tremendous appointment for Spurs. Truth be told, he’s already inherited far more to work with than he ever had at Man U.

Back