Mourinho is Spurs manager - confirmed

Wonder if bale will join him at spurs.

There is a good core squad at spurs unlike United when Jose went there. I suspect there is a lot of truth in the spurs spend £20m to replace the third best manager in the EPL with the third best manger in the EPL comment- but No way I’m calling mourniho done yet. Let’s see what the next 12-18 months brings.

Mourinho does know how to win trophies. The problem he has is that he's still competing in a league, with 2 of the best managers in the world in it, and they have a head start on him, in terms of where their squads are, and in all likelyhood what they can spend. What can he realistically achieve when competing with that? Probably what Poch has been doing, maybe with the odd league cup win?

Pochettino has been a fucken incredible manager for Spurs.

What he has achieved with them dicks all over what for example the likes of Mancini and Pellegirni ever done at City.

I would place him in the top 5 EPL managers I have seen for what he has achieved there in terms of a body of work.

I think a break from football will turn out to be the best thing that had happened to Mourinho.

I think he had to get his head around accepting that loads of players now are just a shower of big muckle cunts.

Considering Real Madrid aren't setting the world on fire anymore, can you guys see Modric or Bale coming back to Tottenham? I don't watch Spanish football anymore so I don't really have an opinion on it.

Time will tell, José will always bring a smile to my face as the first thing I think about when he is mentioned is Seville 2003.
A stat on sky news last night - Poch has spent an average of eighteen million a season on transfers since becoming Tottenham manager, an incredibly low outlay for a top half Premiership club.
As others have mentioned, clubs complain about loyalty and skulduggery,but Tottenham may have been hustling behind their manager's back.
Jose never seems to stay long at clubs,so Tottenham may be looking for a new manager in 18 months.

I think if that was the case but Mourinho delivers them some kind of trophy then they'd be happy enough.

I've been a defender of Jose on this forum. He's still a top manager, man United doesn't change that

I think I've also said he's good at instilling the underdog mentality to clubs

He's gonna do absolute wonders at spurs. They will win either the premier League or the CL with him at the helm I have no doubt about that. After that he will get sacked though.

Mourinho is still the best manager to have emerged in the 21st century.

The achievements speak for themselves.

What I like about him is his pragmatism. None of that “philosophy” bollocks that Seems to be in vogue these days.

He’s the sort of manager football hipsters loathe and normal fans respect. The hipsters should go back to commenting on the thread titled “iniesta - when football becomes art”.

Don't think he'll be a disaster. The job he did at Man United was criminally underrated

They finished second. Second! There's no guarantee they'll finish top half this season, remarkable what Jose achieved especially with the Pogba thing looming over them both.

I like Jose, always had a bit of man love for him. He won trophies at Man Utd and folk just wave that away like it’s nothing. He’s still box office in terms of management and is capable of winning things with any team. Great appointment

Yeah because he won trophies no club Man Utd’s size gives a %^*& about, especially not with a net spend of however many hundred millions it was.

Levy will no doubt have him sacked in 12 months, it should be a great laugh. Even the fact he’s now the Spurs manager illustrates how far Mourinho has fallen.

The season Spurs were runners up to Leicester they bottled it.
Jose in charge that season they win the league IMO.
He knows how to win and get the job done whereas Poch has won nothing and hasn’t shown he knows how to win trophies.
However compared to Pep and Klopp he may well be yesterdays man.
Spurs just got rid of the 3rd best manager in the league and have replaced him with someone who is likely to be 3rd best at the moment.
He isn’t better than Pep or Klopp.
He may have won more in the past but Pep and Klopp are 2 off the best in world football at the moment

Arsenal were runners up that year, Spurs finished 3rd.

Really liked Pochettino, but he and Spurs seemed to be at the end of the 'cycle'. Could be a few big jobs coming up, he wont struggle for work.

Mourinho will certainly be an interesting watch

I don't think the issue was just that the manager needed to be changed - that full squad is stale with 3, maybe 4 players simply running down their contracts until the summer and another 2 or 3 thinking they are big time Charlies. That was Levy's job to get those players out and replacements in and he has failed doing the basics once again and that's over £100 million lost right there.

They are going to be paying for that new stadium for decades to come and they weren't exactly big spenders beforehand so I am not sure where they are going to find the money to finance Jose's next vanity project. I would imagine if they do manage to magically come up with the hundreds of millions that Jose will want then Poch will be in a bigger fit of rage.

Considering Real Madrid aren't setting the world on fire anymore, can you guys see Modric or Bale coming back to Tottenham? I don't watch Spanish football anymore so I don't really have an opinion on it.

I think both are past their best and for the wages they would command it would be a backwards step by Spurs.

Although in saying that watch Mourinho sign Ibrahimovic on a short term deal now.

I don't think the issue was just that the manager needed to be changed - that full squad is stale with 3, maybe 4 players simply running down their contracts until the summer and another 2 or 3 thinking they are big time Charlies. That was Levy's job to get those players out and replacements in and he has failed doing the basics once again and that's over £100 million lost right there.

They are going to be paying for that new stadium for decades to come and they weren't exactly big spenders beforehand so I am not sure where they are going to find the money to finance Jose's next vanity project. I would imagine if they do manage to magically come up with the hundreds of millions that Jose will want then Poch will be in a bigger fit of rage.

I think Levy realised that the cycle was coming to an end. He's a money man, so part of his thinking might be to gamble that to change fortunes, it might be cheaper to have a new manager with fresh impetuous and the new manager bounce that comes with it, let him buy a couple of players, than hand Poch what he probably would need and that might be about £200M.

The problem being Levy is happy with top 4 and the money that comes with it. Sure, he'll be telling Mourinho he wants to win things, and promising him the world, but we all know when push comes to shove he won't go that extra mile. Mourinho as he keeps telling everyone, is only interested in winning. Let's see how they get on after a couple of transfer windows together.

I think spurs probably just needed a change. not Jose's biggest fan, but can't think who else they would get. Poch will get a big job before too long. don't think this affects his reputation

Incredible with not one trophy. Also during his reign Leicester won the league. I reckon he is a bit of a myth. Cant be arsed with the stats about his transfer dealings. Irrelevant.

What he has achieved with them dicks all over what for example the likes of Mancini and Pellegirni ever done at City.

I would place him in the top 5 EPL managers I have seen for what he has achieved there in terms of a body of work.

I think spurs probably just needed a change. not Jose's biggest fan, but can't think who else they would get. Poch will get a big job before too long. don't think this affects his reputation

Could lead to some interesting permutations now or in the summer for sure.

Tuchel to Bayern and Poch to PSG (ex-player and all that)?

Could be quite the merry-go-round.

Reap what you see Spurs, I think you will regret this twice!
Once for getting rid of current manager
Twice for appointing new manager

Good to see the main man back in action.

Hope it’s the proper Jose we get this time and he absolutely canters the league whilst annoying everybody in the process.

I say that as someone who literally couldn’t ever care less about Tottenham in my entire life thus far.

Based on what?

He's won hee haw.

Arsenal were runners up that year, Spurs finished 3rd.
Yes because Spurs bottled it when they played Chelsea.
Before the Chelsea game the only team that could catch Leicester were Spurs. IMO Jose would have seen out that game against Chelsea and went on to win it

Back