MyGers - Question about Points Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally home games are 5 points.

Historic travel club is 5 points

The two away friendlies are 1 each.

Away games are covered under the block cccs points
It’s got 5 points next to away European games that I’ve purchased but do you receive the 5 mygers points for European games you’ve applied for and not been successful?

Has the extra value for being on the CCCS over the years been added? Has somebody got a screenshot or link of the criteria for backdating points to 2015?

Wondering have they decided how many will be in each tier?

Gold - 15%
Sliver - 35%
Bronze - 50%

Something like that

Wondering have they decided how many will be in each tier?

Gold - 15%
Sliver - 35%
Bronze - 50%

Something like that

That's the big question - easy enough to work out a rough idea of your points total, but without knowing that split no one has a clue what tier they're in.

Is/was there a cut off for joining Mygers?

The boy and myself are season ticket holders but never attend away games...although we’re on the CCS and attend all pre season friendlies.

Is worth joining to ensure we get a better chance for Hampden games?

I signed up for the free RTV month with MyGers (still in it at the moment) - but this involved agreeing to the annual (£60) subscription. Nothing has come out the bank yet, and I plan to cancel before the month is up. I will then move back to the unlimited monthly subscription (cancelled back in March).

I already have my 25 MyGers / RTV points for signing up (despite having paid nothing). Presumably, I'll lose these as soon as I cancel the annual sub?

Is it just the £60 annual subscription on offer or is there another unlimited subscription?

If you are asking about what counts for MyGers points then it’s only the annual subscriptions. There are a choice of two: the UK Standard at £60 and the overseas Unlimited at £240. You need to be overseas or using a VPN to show you as overseas in order to see the latter.

The boy and myself are season ticket holders but never attend away games...although we’re on the CCS and attend all pre season friendlies.

Membership runs from 1st June-31st May,you can join anytime.
By opting into the Club’s competitive non-league games CCS, you will be given preference for semi-final and final ticket purchase access. For semi-finals and finals, the first sales window will be open to season ticket holder MyGers Members who are also part of the non-league games CCS.

I signed up for the free RTV month with MyGers (still in it at the moment) - but this involved agreeing to the annual (£60) subscription. Nothing has come out the bank yet, and I plan to cancel before the month is up. I will then move back to the unlimited monthly subscription (cancelled back in March).

I already have my 25 MyGers / RTV points for signing up (despite having paid nothing). Presumably, I'll lose these as soon as I cancel the annual sub?

Sneaky. And I don’t think it will work. You signed up to the annual subscription at £60, for which MyGers members got a £6 discount (or free month). Under distance selling regulations I think you can cancel within 14 days but if you leave it beyond that you will be charged £54 after a month.

As regards Unlimited it would appear that the monthly option is no longer offered, so if you want it then it’s £240 up front for the year. You should just have gone for that in the first place and got the 40 MyGers points.

Yep.

For games at Hampden especially against Celtic, it will be very difficult to obtain a ticket if you’re not signed up to MyGers.

Is there a cut-off date that you have to signup to myGers before in order to accrue the past points?

In other words if you join 2days before the season starts, do you still get categorised into gold/silver/bronze?

Sneaky. And I don’t think it will work. You signed up to the annual subscription at £60, for which MyGers members got a £6 discount (or free month). Under distance selling regulations I think you can cancel within 14 days but if you leave it beyond that you will be charged £54 after a month.

As regards Unlimited it would appear that the monthly option is no longer offered, so if you want it then it’s £240 up front for the year. You should just have gone for that in the first place and got the 40 MyGers points.

I didn't mean to be 'sneaky', to be fair. I cancelled in March as there wasn't anything to watch. I read it as a free month's trial and thought I'd wire in. At the end of the day, Rangers are going to get more cash from me for less of a reward (25pts v 40pts). I thought someone mentioned earlier today the unlimited monthly was back up and running again. It's been far more confusing, this whole process, than it had to be.

Just checked back and I'm right - it was billed as a 30-day free trial. I couldn't find official site quote, but this is from Rangers News (so it's perfectly viable to try and cancel - just not sure how it works with the points already accrued!):

Benefits of signing up include: ticketing priority, a 30-day free trial and discounted RTV subscription, a MYGERS welcome gift, access to MYGERS experiences and competitions including mascot places and first-team meet and greets, access to club discounts including stadium tours and Women’s team tickets.

You can join any time mate.

Just checked back and I'm right - it was billed as a 30-day free trial. I couldn't find official site quote, but this is from Rangers News (so it's perfectly viable to try and cancel - just not sure how it works with the points already accrued!):

Benefits of signing up include: ticketing priority, a 30-day free trial and discounted RTV subscription, a MYGERS welcome gift, access to MYGERS experiences and competitions including mascot places and first-team meet and greets, access to club discounts including stadium tours and Women’s team tickets.

I view it as a discount rather than a 30 day free trial, others may disagree.

Whatever, if you do as you say I would hope - and expect - that you lose the 25 points. I didn’t use the word ‘sneaky’ lightly. You are trying to abuse the system.

I view it as a discount rather than a 30 day free trial, others may disagree.

Whatever, if you do as you say I would hope - and expect - that you lose the 25 points. I didn’t use the word ‘sneaky’ lightly. You are trying to abuse the system.

Doesn't matter one iota how you view it, it was billed as a 'free trial'. I took it as a MyGers perk before planning to continue with monthly, unlimited TV (in addition to my ST, btw) once the season started back. I never had any intention of taking the basic package for a season. Also, had no idea it would add 25 points to my account - only realised today when I went to check order history (along with everyone else). There was no attempt to abuse the system, I promise you.

Doesn't matter one iota how you view it, it was billed as a 'free trial'. I took it as a MyGers perk before planning to continue with monthly, unlimited TV (in addition to my ST, btw) once the season started back. I never had any intention of taking the basic package for a season. Also, had no idea it would add 25 points to my account - only realised today when I went to check order history (along with everyone else). There was no attempt to abuse the system, I promise you.

Let us know how you get on. I certainly don’t think Rangers put this in place with the potential for folk to sign up, get the 25 points and then cancel and keep the points. I’m sure you can see and understand how ludicrous that would be.

Let us know how you get on. I certainly don’t think Rangers put this in place with the potential for folk to sign up, get the 25 points and then cancel and keep the points. I’m sure you can see and understand how ludicrous that would be.

Absolutely, and that is why I came on and asked the question. I had no intention of receiving points - only a free month of off-season RTV.

You’ll lost the 25 points if you cancel - obviously

Yeah we are doing rolling years - in theory the plan is to drop to 3 years rolling. May change as this is an unusual season
I think 3 years will be too short, and I say that as someone who went to every domestic game possible and a few european aways in that timescale. Would be too many people on top points so we would be back to the same problems with tickets I think

The only thing on this that doesn’t sit right with me is folk who join this year will get onto the bronze tier along with people who have had season tickets a few years. I personally would’ve made more tiers to differentiate a bit more

So from 2015-2016 season I have regularly bought tickets next to my season ticket seat for others using my Rangers number for Euro games and cup games at Ibrox. Do I get points for these games?

So from 2015-2016 season I have regularly bought tickets next to my season ticket seat for others using my Rangers number for Euro games and cup games at Ibrox. Do I get points for these games?

I would presume so if they are in your purchase history. I guess we will find out today

I think 3 years will be too short, and I say that as someone who went to every domestic game possible and a few european aways in that timescale. Would be too many people on top points so we would be back to the same problems with tickets I think

The way it was explained at the meeting I was at was that each tier will get an allocation of tickets for most games, gold tier doesnt guarantee you a ticket, if you miss out in your sales window then tough, it's first come first served for each tier so folk on silver and bronze will still get an albeit limited chance to get a ticket from their tier allocation.

We had tickets coming out of our ears for the likes of Livingston and St Johnstone last season, it'll be interesting to see how it works, as you know my main concern is the RSC part but they've reduced the registration fee to £5 since I spoke to you on H&H so again it'll be interesting to see that side of it now too!

15/16 for home games and 16/17 for away games.
Ok, my mind is a bit blurred since 2012 and all of this but am i correct in thinking that season 14-15 was the boycott but King won control Feb / March 15 ? I managed to get a 1/4 season ticket for the final few games of that season.

Ok, my mind is a bit blurred since 2012 and all of this but am i correct in thinking that season 14-15 was the boycott but King won control Feb / March 15 ? I managed to get a 1/4 season ticket for the final few games of that season.

Warburton's first season is the first one to count mate.

Boycotts were previous to that.

The way it was explained at the meeting I was at was that each tier will get an allocation of tickets for most games, gold tier doesnt guarantee you a ticket, if you miss out in your sales window then tough, it's first come first served for each tier so folk on silver and bronze will still get an albeit limited chance to get a ticket from their tier allocation.

We had tickets coming out of our ears for the likes of Livingston and St Johnstone last season, it'll be interesting to see how it works, as you know my main concern is the RSC part but they've reduced the registration fee to £5 since I spoke to you on H&H so again it'll be interesting to see that side of it now too!
You also have to add the friends and family system into the mix. I have 5 season tickets linked, some will have rangers TV, 2 will have travel club points, kids will have season tickets and all have away Cccs / finals and semi from previous years. If RTV and travel club take me into a higher band can I still purchase all 5 tickets to ensure they are together ? Today will provide the answers I hope but I may avoid the actual threads on here until the drama queens have vented their fury :rolleyes:

You also have to add the friends and family system into the mix. I have 5 season tickets linked, some will have Rangers TV, 2 will have travel club points, kids will have season tickets and all have away Cccs / finals and semi from previous years. If RTV and travel club take me into a higher band can I still purchase all 5 tickets to ensure they are together ? Today will provide the answers I hope but I may avoid the actual threads on here until the drama queens have vented their fury :rolleyes:

You can only purchase tickets for those in the same tier as you.

You can only purchase tickets for those in the same tier as you.
Ok, cheers, that could be my 1st issue then but I'll see how it all pans out. Seats could be allocated once all tickets are sold to still group families together or i suppose everyone in a group could be given the same banding. I havent read all the small print to date so will just need to see how it goes. I didnt really have an issue with the previous CCCS / Travel club set up but can see the financial benefits for the club with MyGers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back