New Blue Sky Lounge at Ibrox

Didn't think it was a nightmare. Food was good, staff were excellent and the only issue was the lack of numbers on the seats and it being a free for all on that front. Guess they ran out of time.

Smelled like the toilets had only been siliconed at 5pm so I guess they were really pressed to meet the deadline for opening.
Better than the govan rear where they stink of piss.

I’ll say this much - as a STH in GR, the bevvy in the lounge must be good based on how some of the patrons sounded during the game tonight!

Before this monstrosity happened I was the very last row in the GR.

The shite that was coming out of the corporate fans tonight will only get worse the busier it becomes.

I might be asking for a move next season!

The shite that was coming out of the corporate fans tonight will only get worse the busier it becomes.

I’m the same row mate so feel your pain.

Went to Gauchos on West Nile Street for Steaks. Always get an Old Fashioned to start, then got a 500kg ribeye, followed by cheese board with accompanying Port... then we went to Anchorline for cocktails.
Certainly beats my youth when we would go to the Red Lion, on West Nile St, for a few beers then up to the Yellow Bird for a pie supper and maybe an onion if you were flush. :p

You’ll always get that in hospitality, fwiw I’ve had my own seat for over 25 years and I was getting annoyed with some of the hospitality last night, but that’s expected when non regulars go and get tanked up on unlimited free drink to them.

I was there on opening night vs Hibs and they said it was completely sold out but they were going to be selling individual games for £225, for that you get to see a game, 4 course meal, free bar.... which is actually not bad.

I went out with the mrs for xmas dinner and cocktails and cost me nearly £400 and still didn't get my Nat King!
Did your Mrs?

What ex player have they got patrolling the area looking for rogue drinkers? And are they up to the Alan McLaren standard of excellence?
Durrant was there for Hibs but didn’t notice anyone last night.

You’ll always get that in hospitality, fwiw I’ve had my own seat for over 25 years and I was getting annoyed with some of the hospitality last night, but that’s expected when non regulars go and get tanked up on unlimited free drink to them.
I’m fairly certain it would’ve been the same group which we all noticed :D

Durrant was there for Hibs but didn’t notice anyone last night.

I’m fairly certain it would’ve been the same group which we all noticed :D
There was a guy who totally went off his nut with the guy serving him because the pannacottas did not all arrive at the same time(table of eight) - i shit you not, was totally cringing for the guy, no sure if trying to act the big man in company but he was an absolute mile out.

There was a guy who totally went off his nut with the guy serving him because the pannacottas did not all arrive at the same time(table of eight) - i shit you not, was totally cringing for the guy, no sure if trying to act the big man in company but he was an absolute mile out.
Don’t know I find that so hilarious. Imagine losing your shit over a pannacotta

Don’t know I find that so hilarious. Imagine losing your shit over a pannacotta
We have uncooked hot dog rage in one thread to pannacotta not being served to 8 people all at once rage in another:oops::D

If I close my eyes I can actually picture the guy acting the big shot in front of his “clients” and abusing the young staff serving them. The type of guy who puts many off venturing near hospitality suites.

Absolutely you do, but in my case, I was previously the last row in the Govan Rear and there was corporate boxes closed off behind me so I was immune from the corporate patrons.

They’ve obviously now opened it up and my immunity is now lost and I have to listen to their shite all game.

One way to get round it is for myself to just turn up to every game pished as they are :)

If you can’t beat them...

Absolutely despise pretentious cants who forget where they came from and think they can treat young waiting staff like shite

That’s absolutely embarrassing. Anyone that’s rude to waiters for something outwith their control are utter weasels. I’d hope the people sat with him would’ve told him he was out of order

Is the restaurant element of BSL available to book yet? I can’t see anything online but sure I saw it’s opening early January?

I’d be Interested to know from the poster who witnessed the incident what was the outcome.
Genuinely not sure what the outcome was tbh, the guy came across as a totally self entitled dick though - over a cold dessert:rolleyes:

Unsure what the other guys at the table were thinking as none of them said anything but hope they were all cringing the way i was.

Can you watch the game from inside as well still or do you need to go outside. Mate had a box and was always good to get the wee boy up there when it was baltic

Can you watch the game from inside as well still or do you need to go outside. Mate had a box and was always good to get the wee boy up there when it was baltic
The games on the telly inside I wasn’t inside during the game so i genuinely don’t know if the blinds go up during the game

Definitely worthy of its own Pannacottagate thread this story.

Looking into it I think you get the right to buy your seat for European and cup games much like a regular season ticket. For £7500 I’d expect all games included especially when Bar72 is only £2000 and you get all matches at Ibrox.
Don’t give them ideas!

Back