New England home and away shirts.

He is accurate and spot on though?

A flag is a flag?

How would u feel if we the RFC badge in altered rainbow colours next season, just by accident
The badge hasn’t been altered. The 3 lions badge is the same as always. How would i feel of they put an actual rainbow on the collar that was 2cm by 1cm? Not remotely arsed. Id still buy the top

He is accurate and spot on though?

A flag is a flag?

How would u feel if we the RFC badge in altered rainbow colours next season, just by accident
Were you and others in floods of tears when England released the Peter Saville shirts? A shirt that literally featured St George’s Crosses in every colour of the rainbow.
The away shirt is a beauty and those moaning about woke crosses need to get a life.
F.uck me!

The badge hasn’t been altered. The 3 lions badge is the same as always. How would i feel of they put an actual rainbow on the collar that was 2cm by 1cm? Not remotely arsed. Id still buy the top
I want us to lean all the way into it. Follow with Pride.

They don't call us the Bears for nothing.

It would give "%^*& the pope" a whole new meaning too.

FF already likes to call any flight Bear force One, so get them singing at halftime too.

Were you and others in floods of tears when England released the Peter Saville shirts? A shirt that literally featured St George’s Crosses in every colour of the rainbow.
How's that the same as the sole England flag on this shirt being fannyed around with?

The away shirt is a beauty and those moaning about woke crosses need to get a life.
F.uck me!
I couldn’t care less about the flags or england shirts but your point is kind of mute, Peter Saville is one of the greatest and boldest graphic designers to grace this earth, he was always going to be given creative freedom, I imagine its the only way he would have done it.

Nike are just manufacturers, but I guess the FA signed it off.

Is there any chance that they do this intentionally, to make it look like they're shifting crazy amounts of them, knowing people being people will want to follow what they think a hell of a lot of people are doing, or am I way off...
I can’t see why they would need to bother doing that, it’s the England top going into a major tournament, it’s always going to be a big seller.

It’s a mess of course but Nike won’t have green lit it without considering that outcome and in fact it’s quite possibly the driver.

The kit may well become a big seller because while dedicated fans may not like it, the design will appeal to a new market and parents will buy it for kids regardless what it looks like.

How's that the same as the sole England flag on this shirt being fannyed around with?
Apart from changing the colour? Nothing much I suppose. I look forward to your muted response when Rangers fly a pink, green or whatever colour Union flag from the main stand.
I couldn’t care less about the flags or england shirts but your point is kind of mute, Peter Saville is one of the greatest and boldest graphic designers to grace this earth, he was always going to be given creative freedom, I imagine its the only way he would have done it.

Nike are just manufacturers, but I guess the FA signed it off.
Why is it mute? He changed the colour of a recognised flag (brand if you want to be poncey about it). He used it in every colour of the rainbow and I don’t remember any crying in here about it so it’s a very valid point.
It’s also worth pointing out that I almost bought the shirt but I couldn’t see myself wearing an England top.

Just to clarify that the dig wasn’t at PS, he’s a hero to me. It’s about men who need to get a grip of themselves and worry about real issues in life. They cry about not being able to say anything in fear of offending people but they are the most offended people ever MOPE’s if you like.
You have either picked up the wrong end of the stick or are being deliberately obtuse.

One last point… I will no doubt sound like a prick but I have worked in a design based environment for 30+ years so I would like to think I know a couple of things about it.

Apart from changing the colour? Nothing much I suppose. I look forward to your muted response when Rangers fly a pink, green or whatever colour Union flag from the main stand.
That's a cool fantasy.

But again, how does 2010's multiple England flags on a shirt, which includes the actual England flag not being messed around with, compare to the sole England flag being messed around with on this England top?

That's a cool fantasy.

But again, how does 2010's multiple England flags on a shirt, which includes the actual England flag not being messed around with, compare to the sole England flag being messed around with on this England top?
You know what I meant and once again for the hard of thinking the Cross of St George featured in every colour of the rainbow not just red and nobody started crying on social media about it.
There’s absolutely no point debating anything with you seeing as you get angry and upset at a design feature on a football strip. :D

You know what I meant and once again for the hard of thinking the Cross of St George featured in every colour of the rainbow not just red and nobody started crying on social media about it.
There’s absolutely no point debating anything with you seeing as you get angry and upset at a design feature on a football strip. :D
Uh-huh. I see. I'll try again though, how does that 2010/11 England top compare to the one out the now?

On one strip there's multiple St George's flags in various colours, including the correct one displayed multiple times, but on this top there's one England flag, that should be left alone, but been fanny'd around with.

So Where's the comparison?

Is there any chance that they do this intentionally, to make it look like they're shifting crazy amounts of them, knowing people being people will want to follow what they think a hell of a lot of people are doing, or am I way off...
There's more chance, if they are selling in record numbers, it's because England are in a major tournament they have a chance of winning in 3/4 months.

Why is it mute? He changed the colour of a recognised flag (brand if you want to be poncey about it). He used it in every colour of the rainbow and I don’t remember any crying in here about it so it’s a very valid point.
It’s also worth pointing out that I almost bought the shirt but I couldn’t see myself wearing an England top.

Just to clarify that the dig wasn’t at PS, he’s a hero to me. It’s about men who need to get a grip of themselves and worry about real issues in life. They cry about not being able to say anything in fear of offending people but they are the most offended people ever MOPE’s if you like.
You have either picked up the wrong end of the stick or are being deliberately obtuse.

One last point… I will no doubt sound like a prick but I have worked in a design based environment for 30+ years so I would like to think I know a couple of things about it.
Designer of 15 years here and also know a couple of things about it. It’s not like he has put one flag on the shirt and changed the colour the way nike has. He made a pattern on the shirt and it was multi coloured. It’s a stretch to even call it a flag.

The 'fact' you stated was not a fact, it was conjecture. If you stated a fact you'd have just said "it was Navin Singh who approved the shirt, who is now at Six Nations". I'm still none the wiser as to what you're inferring.

I don't really care what flags GCC fly either. I do care about accuracy though - they haven't said they would stop flying the Union flag, a councillor has put it forward as a motion. They should fly a trans flag at times too - there are trans people paying council tax, why shouldn't they be represented?
I have seen the proposed list submitted by the Green Party Councillor! Given they prop up the SNP do you expect it to be rejected by the SNP controlled Glasgow Council? As for Trans people, why fly a flag about it? Are Trans people more important than ordinary council tax payers? Do they pay more council tax or something? You know it is Leftist Woke Virtue Signalling nothing more, and to propose that while proposing to ban the Union Flag is insulting! How many Scots fought and died in two World Wars and other battles like Waterloo under the Union Flag? It would be an insult to their sacrifice and memory to ban the flying of it! If I showed you a photo of that abomination of an England flag would you have recognised it without prior knowledge?
Absolutely no way! It is a bastardisation of the St George`s Cross and unrecognisable as such!
We have already seen such bastardisation of the Union Flag by the Met Police who wear a black and white one! Be assured the Union Flag will be the next target!

Last edited:
I have seen the proposed list submitted by the Green Party Councillor! Given they prop up the SNP do you expect it to be rejected by the SNP controlled Glasgow Council? As for Trans people, why fly a flag about it? Are Trans people more important than ordinary council tax payers? You know it is Leftist Woke Virtue Signalling nothing more and to propose that while proposing to ban the Union Flag is insulting! How many Scots fought and died in two World Wars and other battles like Waterloo under the Union Flag? It would be an insult to their sacrifice to ban the flying of it! If I showed you a photo of that abomination of an England flag would you have recognised it without prior knowledge?
Absolutely no way! It is a bastardisation of the St George`s Cross and unrecognisable as such!
You have to be a parody account.

all you do is attack British values and post laughing emojis! Are you sure you are on the right forum?
Quite sure, and there's another laugh cause you're fucking hilarious.

Where's the attack on British values?

In fact, I'll go one further, what British values are you referring to?

I disagreed with you and your Uber staunch outrage about a design on a football top that you aren't going to buy regardless and suddenly I'm in the wrong forum? You are the living embodiment of the media parody of a Rangers fan. A scared wee guy who's time has passed, shouting into the void about flags. Grow up.

Designer of 15 years here and also know a couple of things about it. It’s not like he has put one flag on the shirt and changed the colour the way nike has. He made a pattern on the shirt and it was multi coloured. It’s a stretch to even call it a flag.

Might not want to read this then especially the part under the featured tweets that specifically reference the Cross of St George ie the part of the flag that identifies it as said flag. Without it it’s only an Italian flag.
That was a joke.
Kind of.

He also talks about diversity etc so it’s good to see that the innovator himself will upset more than a few on here. And speaking of which I stayed true to my word and didn’t continue the debate with Mr Angry as there is absolutely no point in doing so.

Said it before and I will say it again. Some people really need to get upset at things that actually do affect their lives. Not a perceived woke cross on a strip from a country that they weren’t even born in.

Last edited:

Might not want to read this then especially the part under the featured tweets that specifically reference the Cross of St George ie the part of the flag that identifies it as said flag. Without it it’s only an Italian flag.
That was a joke.
Kind of.

He also talks about diversity etc so it’s good to see that the innovator himself will upset more than a few on here. And speaking of which I stayed true to my word and didn’t continue the debate with Mr Angry as there is absolutely no point in doing so.

Said it before and I will say it again. Some people really need to get upset at things that actually do affect their lives. Not a perceived woke cross on a strip from a country that they weren’t even born in.
I did preface that I absolutely do not give two flying fvcks about the colour of their flag, btw.

I was just coming in with my pedantic point of view that the two are pretty different situations as one is, in my opinion, a pattern and was carried out by someone with the credentials to do what ever the fvck he wants regardless :))

Back