New England home and away shirts.

"The coloured trim on the cuffs is inspired by the training gear worn by England's 1966 heroes, and the same colours also feature on the design on the back of the collar," a statement said.

Some are whipping themselves into a frenzy about this. Bring back the proper football.
That statement / "explanation" from Nike !:D

5x34fb.jpg

On the pricing, I'm not sure why there is shock.

The £124 price which is getting branded about is for the pro version.

Our pro versions this season were £115. So, for pro tops, this is s fairly standard price range.

Not saying pricing is good or bad but just stating that pro kits tend to come on at this premium price level. It's nothing new.

Not a wise move from Nike or the English FA, a nonsense addition that shouldn’t have passed the design stage. Whether people like it or not there are plenty of folk who are passionate about their country and the emblem on their shirt.

The posts above talking about the Scotland top conveniently ignore the Saltire in its correct colours within the badge whilst also failing to acknowledge that the design is the flag in reversed colours, no additions or anything else.

Not a wise move from Nike or the English FA, a nonsense addition that shouldn’t have passed the design stage. Whether people like it or not there are plenty of folk who are passionate about their country and the emblem on their shirt.

The posts above talking about the Scotland top conveniently ignore the Saltire in its correct colours within the badge whilst also failing to acknowledge that the design is the flag in reversed colours, no additions or anything else.
The saltire on the new Scotland away top is purple and sky blue rather than royal blue and white.

Scotland away top? Scotland a-woke top more like.

£119.99 without the name and number and people wonder why the market is flooded with fakes!
It's the pro version at that price.

Our pro jersey's were £115 this season.

It's a normal price range for a pro jersey.

There is the cheaper version available for the standard replica top. A choice can be made.

Are you deliberately misunderstanding the post? Or are views that aren't your own not allowed here? I don't see how that example with the proper Scotland flag still on the front and centre is in any way comparable to this England top. Is there anything wrong with having that view?
of course not. People can hold any views they like, even ones i find confusing. I just don’t understand how people that are unlikely to buy the top anyway can get themselves upset about something as insignificant as a small badge. There are a million things worth being upset about in life, im just confident that this can be one of them for some people. Each to their own i guess.

No idea why they didn’t just use the normal
flag, or none at all. Possibly to generate interest and hits?

Not sure why woke politics needs to be dragged into this. The Scotland away is purple with a miscoloured Saltire on the back, is that woke nonsense too?
Problem they have is that people now won’t buy it and not just because of the price!

Maybe it’s a positive thing in that people are just fed up with woke even if it isn’t woke, and to be frank I’m all in on that

It’s clearly based on it ffs. It’s absolutely obvious. And yes it does look Like a de facto rainbow flag. Nike have form for this shit.
Wtf are you on about?

It’s either a rainbow flag or it’s not. It’s not the shape or colour of a rainbow flag, so it is objectively not a rainbow flag (not that there is anything wrong with that).

I might buy the top now, annoy gammons and Scottish Nats at the same time.

The irony after crying about a wee design on the back of a shirt you won’t buy and the “wokerati”:)):)):))

Incredible scenes in here. Proper heads gone stuff over a minute detail on a fücking football strip that most won’t even buy.

And it’s become the political hot topic of the day. Deary me.
I wasn’t buying it regardless. The point was vandalism of the St George’s flag. It’s reprehensible but Nike have form for this type of shit. They wouldn’t do it in the Middle East and that’s a place that needs more inclusion, why not? It’s a literal example of virtue signalling, low hanging fruit for them.
Thankfully they lost nearly 10% off their share price yesterday.
In all honesty no right minded person cares what you do in your bedroom with whoever consents as long as it’s not kids or animals. But why must the rest of us have this sexual facism continually rammed down our thoats? Go do it in a country that has no equality.

Irrelevant, it’s had the colours adapted exactly the same as the England top has.
Colours adapted to the colour scheme/style of the kit, not added to. The England flag is unrecognisable as they’ve added multiple colours/layers to it.

I don’t see the need for it to be commented on by political figures etc but I also do understand why people are annoyed by it. Why is that hard for you to comprehend?

Love the idea of the Nike and FA execs sat round the table.

"Will we stick a rainbow flag on the St George's Cross?"

"Nah, f*ck the trannies and the full gays. Just do one that looks a wee bit like that bisexual flag but isn't."

"Great shout."

Back