New England home and away shirts.

They’ve changed the colours of it on the back of the new away kit.
Correct.
jd_702664_e

Anyone, English or otherwise, that is remotely concerned about this is the biggest faux-outraged, pearl clutching wet wipe imaginable.

There are hundreds of examples of flags on jerseys using inverted, tonal and completely random colours that no one has ever given a single shit about before.

Why now?
I'd be more annoyed at the price of the top than any sort of cross on it

used to baulk at spending £35-40 on tops when I was younger, it's doubled now and if you have kids, that's a lot of money. Probably cost about £5 to make in some sweatshop as well

Am I missing the bit where Nike are trying to educate people? What exactly are they trying to teach people?

The only thing I've seen from a press release was the kit was to "celebrate football heroes of the past with a modern twist and unite and inspire". Fairly usual corporate waffle about a design brief. I'm not really getting a connection a neo liberal agenda.
Google ' Nike woke washing',you will get the information .

Yes, it’s taken the attention away from the prices.

Maybe the politicians should be wading into this asking - especially in the current economic climate - why people are being fleeced to wear their national jersey.
I think starmer did say something about it , after he'd spoken about the flag being wrong

Think the reason Nike haven't gone ' full rainbow ' is it would be classed as a political statement,or could be .Not sure that's allowed under the rules .So they have done the nearest thing they could get away with.

You might have to explain it to me if you know something I don't mate.

Everyone is wetting their knickers about a flag's colours being changed on a football kit, I've provided an example of a flag's colours being changed on a football kit that no one cared about at all.
Its been done with the rugby top on occasion too. Nobody cares.

Reactions: RM.
You might have to explain it to me if you know something I don't mate.

Everyone is wetting their knickers about a flag's colours being changed on a football kit, I've provided an example of a flag's colours being changed on a football kit that no one cared about at all.
So when there is actual cross-party political agreement on this nonsense - which is extremely rare - does that not make you wonder ???

The English flag thing, its a cross like the saltire is a cross, if the colour is changed and its on an England top or scotland top worn by Scots or English you know it's another version of that flag. Now let's take a tricolour if you change the colours on one of them its another countries flag. Some folks actually get them tricolours mixed up B-D

There’s nothing woke or political about it, it’s just a shit design. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nike decided to deliberately alter it to get people talking about it and help it to sell more.

Maybe even ‘fix’ it or remove the offending emblem and then make these shirts collectibles.

So when there is actual cross-party political agreement on this nonsense - which is extremely rare - does that not make you wonder ???
Politicians will take whatever stance they think will get them more votes.

Make me wonder what? You've still not explained why this is such a grievous act and one that is radically different to the hundreds of other times its been done that nobody cared about...

Think the reason Nike haven't gone ' full rainbow ' is it would be classed as a political statement,or could be .Not sure that's allowed under the rules .So they have done the nearest thing they could get away with.
Got all intents and purposes it’s a rainbow flag. Utterly bizarre, but that’s the wokerati for you. They must cram their beliefs down everyone’s throats. Literally

There’s nothing woke or political about it, it’s just a shit design. I wouldn’t be surprised if Nike decided to deliberately alter it to get people talking about it and help it to sell more.

Maybe even ‘fix’ it or remove the offending emblem and then make these shirts collectibles.
If there is nothing Woke or Political about it then why do it? Why not just use the proper flag?

If there is nothing Woke or Political about it then why do it? Why not just use the proper flag?
No idea why they didn’t just use the normal
flag, or none at all. Possibly to generate interest and hits?

Not sure why woke politics needs to be dragged into this. The Scotland away is purple with a miscoloured Saltire on the back, is that woke nonsense too?

The FA have already given their reasons which didn't mention either woke nor politics.
"The coloured trim on the cuffs is inspired by the training gear worn by England's 1966 heroes, and the same colours also feature on the design on the back of the collar," a statement said.

Some are whipping themselves into a frenzy about this. Bring back the proper football.

Back