New Strips

Absolutely embarrassing post.
Embarrassing that one of my boys didn't get a top when he should have, along with hundreds of other bears or embarrassing that our new "partner" is failing to honour their agreement so soon?
I thought I'd ask because your reply oozes intelligence and marketing acumen.

All these complaints about Castore in the last few days and you want them to be untouchable. Bears on Furlough finding some cash to buy their kids a shirt and getting shafted by a company that have had months to get their shit together. You're the embarrassment fella, and clearly don't give a fvck about anyone but yourself.

Over to you, we await your wisdom with baited breath...on second thoughts don't bother your arse, you'll have nothing to say that I want to read.

I have every sympathy with those still waiting and the lack of communication is unacceptable. However, I do wonder if repeatedly sending the same email to Castore 2,3,4,5 and 6 times - to an already overwhelmed (despite doubling the staff) support team - is the way to go. Seems a bit self-defeating to me.

48 hours to respond is not something I’d expect from a company that’s claiming to be challenging the big names. Stop defending something that shouldn’t be defended. You happy for fellow bears to feel ripped off?
I might get my sons top over the next week or whatever but what’s the point in a pre order option when people are buying them yesterday and getting delivered tomorrow??
The silence is a disgrace
I'm being realistic about how long it will take a company to reply to 1000s of customer service queries in amongst all the botched hermes orders. They have said they have hired more staff to deal with it. Would I call it a "disgrace", jesus christ that is hysterical. There are massive companies out there who take longer to reply.

I have every sympathy with those still waiting and the lack of communication is unacceptable. However, I do wonder if repeatedly sending the same email to Castore 2,3,4,5 and 6 times - to an already overwhelmed (despite doubling the staff) support team - is the way to go. Seems a bit self-defeating to me.
Maybe they'd rather dealing with Sports Direct. No one ever seems to take any sort of context into anything - it's all about their order and it's as if their order is the only one being dealt with.

Could it have gone better, yes
Do they need more staff, yes
Have they already told us they have hired more staff, yes
Will you hear back, yes

Next time we should just go for a bog standard cookie cutter approach from the big boys. Seems like what most of the crew on here are looking for. Like our football team, our commercial team are taking us on a journey. We have signed up to a premium up and coming brand, a brand that are perhaps not 100% there yet in terms of their post sales.
Stop the winging ffs, you’re coming across like spoilt children.

Ordered long sleeved home and short sleeved away on Saturday as I was too excited to continue waiting for the release of one without a sponsor.

The dog and I arrived at my parents yesterday and the Hermes package arrived about an hour later.

I'm impressed. I don't normally buy both home and away as I seldom wear football tops and they just end up in a drawer but I'll be wearing the new white away top in front of the tv tonight.

Amazes me how many grown men are getting upset over their top being a few days late. Mine still hasn’t arrived yet, but amazingly my life hasn’t been adversely affected.

They’ll be getting thousands of emails just now, there will be some teething issues whilst they put the processes in place to deal with things accordingly. That’s before they’ve had to deal with the mass vandalism of a batch of items.

Our first chance in years to properly put money into the club via merchandise, and we have a bunch of men acting like spoiled weans. Depressing stuff.

I'm being realistic about how long it will take a company to reply to 1000s of customer service queries in amongst all the botched hermes orders. They have said they have hired more staff to deal with it. Would I call it a "disgrace", jesus christ that is hysterical. There are massive companies out there who take longer to reply.
As someone posted earlier, they have a month to have them all packaged up and ready to go on the 1st August. Its not as if they have been surprised with a surge of orders overnight

Pointless now anyway as shop is open and so I don't have strip 'before it is available in the shops'....will cancel hopefully and buy it in shop.

Amazes me how many grown men are getting upset over their top being a few days late. Mine still hasn’t arrived yet, but amazingly my life hasn’t been adversely affected.

They’ll be getting thousands of emails just now, there will be some teething issues whilst they put the processes in place to deal with things accordingly. That’s before they’ve had to deal with the mass vandalism of a batch of items.

Our first chance in years to properly put money into the club via merchandise, and we have a bunch of men acting like spoiled weans. Depressing stuff.

Its not because the tops havent arrived, its because they havent even been sent, literally nothing at all since day of pre order.

Thats piss poor no matter how you try and dress it up.

I'm another one who has heard nothing, 2 home tops preordered, order number was around 1500's, got the confirmation email that the order was placed but thats it. Annoyed at the silence but even more annoyed for my boy as he was all exited expecting to recieve it on release day.

As someone posted earlier, they have a month to have them all packaged up and ready to go on the 1st August. Its not as if they have been surprised with a surge of orders overnight
I dont disagree about that, IF they had the kits at say start of July they should have been preparing orders. Who knows when they were recieved? Bare in mind even companies like Adidas were taking weeks to send out orders during covid. Warehouses are also abiding by social distancing rules, therefore less staff than usual.

I was order 2000s and have heard nothing at all. No point in sending email as seems like loads have and no reply. Top for my son who is gutted as his pals all have it or the away one now.

Playing the waiting game. Will end up buying out shop tonight/tomorrow and returning the one I prefer-ordered if and when it comes

Its not because the tops havent arrived, its because they havent even been sent, literally nothing at all since day of pre order.

Thats piss poor no matter how you try and dress it up.

And who has died as a result?

The club is benefiting from this deal. That’s the only thing that matters right now.

If it gets to 3-4 weeks and you’ve heard nothing, I’d start to agree that it’s poor. Until then, give them a chance.

I got my email yesterday. Hermes claiming they had just received it - who knows? Due to be delivered today. I’m expecting a wee ‘tried to deliver email’ today and tomorrow - whether I’m in or not, and then get it on Saturday.
Video cameras are great the couriers can't say they tried to deliver and didn't as they get caught out by the cameras.

What’s the latest order number that’s been delivered?
Im 23,000 odd from the pre-sale, haven’t got a dispatch email and judging by other order numbers I’ve seen, I won’t be expecting it for a while yet.

As predicted by many we have went with a company who is better equipped to deal with a school football teams orders.
Still not even received a delivery email nearly a week after they promised it would be delivered back at the start of July.

I don’t think that’s correct.
Castore explained why they couldn’t deliver stuff on the 1st in their video ( previous contract) Items were always being dispatched from the 1st as far as I understood.

I dont disagree about that, IF they had the kits at say start of July they should have been preparing orders. Who knows when they were recieved? Bare in mind even companies like Adidas were taking weeks to send out orders during covid. Warehouses are also abiding by social distancing rules, therefore less staff than usual.

Tom Beahon said is his Monday interview that they had been forced to charter aircraft to get the kits flown into the UK from overseas due to lack of availability of their normal methods as a result of the pandemic. They clearly didn't have 50k shirts sitting on 1 July just waiting to be bagged up and despatched a month later as some seem to imagine. The deal was only done with Castore in Feb/Mar. We didn't even have a shirt design at that stage never mind have it being manufactured.

I was order 2000s and have heard nothing at all. No point in sending email as seems like loads have and no reply. Top for my son who is gutted as his pals all have it or the away one now.

Playing the waiting game. Will end up buying out shop tonight/tomorrow and returning the one I prefer-ordered if and when it comes

This....everyone has one. There is no thrill of the pre-order any more. In fact thousands of us are behind the people who just bought them off the peg.

And who has died as a result?

The club is benefiting from this deal. That’s the only thing that matters right now.

If it gets to 3-4 weeks and you’ve heard nothing, I’d start to agree that it’s poor. Until then, give them a chance.

You only start to agree its poor when a full month of hearing nothing has passed? :oops:

Tom Beahon said is his Monday interview that they had been forced to charter aircraft to get the kits flown into the UK from overseas due to lack of availability of their normal methods as a result of the pandemic. They clearly didn't have 50k shirts sitting on 1 July just waiting to be bagged up and despatched a month later as some seem to imagine. The deal was only done with Castore in Feb/Mar. We didn't even have a shirt design at that stage never mind have it being manufactured.

If that's the case you don't sell 50,000 units and take money, you wait until you can honour a contract.

Same with the 'its Hermes fault' replies. I didn't buy from Hermes. Its up to Castore to sort out.

There would be a case for that argument if the away tops were not being ordered and received within a few days

I got an email from Hermes yesterday saying they had my parcel and would be delivered today.checked this morning it's still in their depot.feck knows when they will deliver it
When brendan the driver has time to unwrap it, try it on, lick it, take it off and wrap it up again.
That's when you will get it mate.

What’s the latest order number that’s been delivered?
Im 23,000 odd from the pre-sale, haven’t got a dispatch email and judging by other order numbers I’ve seen, I won’t be expecting it for a while yet.

I wouldn't worry about your number I'm 12337 spoke with people order numbers in the 3000's and 5000, who haven't had anything other than the confirmation emails.

Should your loyalty not lie with fellow fans
Next time we should just go for a bog standard cookie cutter approach from the big boys. Seems like what most of the crew on here are looking for. Like our football team, our commercial team are taking us on a journey. We have signed up to a premium up and coming brand, a brand that are perhaps not 100% there yet in terms of their post sales.
Stop the winging ffs, you’re coming across like spoilt children.
Aye %^*& the fans who have paid money and been given %^*& all. Castore is where our loyalty should lie!

Absolute disgrace fellow fans are have a go at those who have been short changed. Have a serious look at yourself. No doubt more concerned with showing face with Tim's watching than fans being taken care of

Ha, good point. And why I'm NOT cycling over to shop tomorrow as I am not paying twice. They were, btw, very efficient at taking my money on 3rd July.

Someone said in thread you might be able to bring purchase proof and get strip at shop?
Hahah this is the worst patter ever. By very efficient do you mean you bought from a website? When is buying something from a website not efficient? Hysterical

If that's the case you don't sell 50,000 units and take money, you wait until you can honour a contract.

Same with the 'its Hermes fault' replies. I didn't buy from Hermes. Its up to Castore to sort out.

Aye, instead of satisfying 90% (or more) of those who ordered they should just have held the strip launch back until September or October.

One point I do accept, I don't agree with ANY company taking the cash until the goods are despatched. That's not peculiar to Castore though.

Should your loyalty not lie with fellow fans

Aye %^*& the fans who have paid money and been given %^*& all. Castore is where our loyalty should lie!

Absolute disgrace fellow fans are have a go at those who have been short changed. Have a serious look at yourself. No doubt more concerned with showing face with Tim's watching than fans being taken care of

No one has been short changed. Stop being a fucking drama queen.

I don’t know what staffing is now but it had said there was 25 staff. So if 2000 packages are damaged that’s probably 2000 emails asking where the item is. So even if each member of staff is working on responses that’s 80 packages each they will need to try and find out where it is and what happened. Plus all the other messages on top of that. In the middle of a pandemic. I get people are frustrated but it will get sorted.

It was pretty daft in that case to take 50000 pre orders on the 1st of July and make out they would be delivered on the 1st of August.

I can forgive their logistic issues and I’m not bothered that I wasnt the 1st 40 year old man with the new strip but their lack of communication is disappointing.

I don’t know what staffing is now but it had said there was 25 staff. So if 2000 packages are damaged that’s probably 2000 emails asking where the item is. So even if each member of staff is working on responses that’s 80 packages each they will need to try and find out where it is and what happened. Plus all the other messages on top of that. In the middle of a pandemic. I get people are frustrated but it will get sorted.
Those common sense assumptions wont be welcome here...

With so many of us in the same boat why are they not sending out a generic email with the reason they’ve not been dispatched?

People are making excuses for them with Covid but that’s obviously not the problem here. The shop opened today and if full of tops. The away shirt that was release a month after the home top has been sent out in a couple of days.

It’s the silence now that’s pissing me off. One mass email or social media post could clear this up.

Do you think they are purposefully ignoring you or working through the emails as fast as they possibly can?

I expected delivery of the goods I paid for and purchased on 01/07.

I expected to benefit by pre-odering.

If there was an unforeseen delay I would expect some communication from them which in my case, would be enough and no need for me to email them intially.

I would expect them to have a live chat service or similar from them, as their peers have, to avoid email traffic and help with responses.

I would expect them to contact me directly rather than give out interviews to various fan media outlets with some vague reasons regarding the delays.

To answer your question, do I think they are purposefully ignoring me then no. Do I think this is a shambles, 100% yes.

It was pretty daft in that case to take 50000 pre orders on the 1st of July and make out they would be delivered on the 1st of August.

I can forgive their logistic issues and I’m not bothered that I wasnt the 1st 40 year old man with the new strip but their lack of communication is disappointing.

Is that not your interpretation of it.? I think Castore said in their video they weren’t allowed todispatch before the 1st because of the previous contract. Could only dispatch from the 1st?

Aye, instead of satisfying 90% (or more) of those who ordered they should just have held the strip launch back until September or October.

One point I do accept, I don't agree with ANY company taking the cash until the goods are despatched. That's not peculiar to Castore though.

Not what I'm saying. If they didn't have the capacity to provide 50,000 strips they shouldn't have made 50,000 available. Launch it but get the numbers right or be upfront and say it won't be there on day one

You would think after everything our club has gone through we would be happy clapping no one until they prove themselves. My experience of Castore thus far is poor so I will say so. Happy to take my money and give me nothing in return and many others in the same boat.

they know whose pre-orders haven’t been fulfilled and will have email addresses or mobile numbers for most if not all those people. A standard email or text to say the orders are being processed and will hopefully be sorted soon would be great fully received and stop people getting annoyed

There is absolutely no way that any preorders should still be undelivered by the time the store has opened. I’m overseas so can’t go into the store and buy one, but I’ve been out $100 or thereabouts for a month and my top hasn’t even been dispatched yet.

This is what many were worried about and we were repeatedly assured would not happen.

Ha, good point. And why I'm NOT cycling over to shop tomorrow as I am not paying twice. They were, btw, very efficient at taking my money on 3rd July.

Someone said in thread you might be able to bring purchase proof and get strip at shop?

No, the only way you'll be able to get the top from the store will be to buy another and send the original pre-ordered one back once it arrives.

Back