Normal allocation for potential Aberdeen cup tie?

Right, now that’s sorted...

@Greg Marshall many we getting? Shocked if Rangers have agreed to this normal allocation. If it’s down to “safety reasons” and the police getting a way out, then what’s the point having the 20% rule.

Surely a ballot has been done for cccs in anticipation of tonight’s win.
Agreed, surely Rangers should be challenging any decision to refuse us a larger allocation

K someone was saying they reckon we are getting usual allocation ,also Aberdeen fans claiming they have bought their season book tick the fence ,would guess we will know for sure soon given the game is only 10 days away

Right, now that’s sorted...

@Greg Marshall many we getting? Shocked if Rangers have agreed to this normal allocation. If it’s down to “safety reasons” and the police getting a way out, then what’s the point having the 20% rule.

Surely a ballot has been done for cccs in anticipation of tonight’s win.

The rule is upto 20% not exactly 20%

As I posted the 3 clubs have been in talks if Aberdeen were publishing information before the outcome and what sections they were selling for their own fans

K someone was saying they reckon we are getting usual allocation ,also Aberdeen fans claiming they have bought their season book tick the fence ,would guess we will know for sure soon given the game is only 10 days away

I’ve asked Greig Marshall to confirm on Twitter they might re-accommodate people that have bought home end in the South Stand to section t&s to another area of the ground just need to wait n see hopefully find out tomorrow will be disappointed if we don’t push for the 20%

We can request more and they have move any STH in the area affected to me it a policing decision and nothing more

The rule is upto 20% not exactly 20%

As I posted the 3 clubs have been in talks if Aberdeen were publishing information before the outcome and what sections they were selling for their own fans
They could move the home end fans in South Stand t&s sections to another area of the ground their attendance against QOTS was 7500

They could move the home end fans in South Stand t&s sections to another area of the ground their attendance against QOTS was 7500
K , its a joke they wont sell out ,hopefully when they come to Ibrox for a cup tie in future they are given the 800 they get for a league game

Completely pointless having a rule where you can get up to 20%(which we desperately want) only for it to be overruled by the police..no point in having such a rule.
It will cost us money as they won’t sell all their sections out and we could fill them.

The days of 4,000 are over, the police don’t want the hassle and dolly fans would rather see empty seats.

The situation is very simple.

The away club are entitled to 20% of the tickets as per the competition rules.

If Aberdeen (or Police Scotland) only want us to have 2,000 tickets, then Aberdeen should only get 8,000 tickets. Shouldn't be a problem, as that would be more than they had at home in the last round, and apparently they enjoy having empty seats when we visit.

The best solution is for Rangers to be allocated the whole of the South Stand, and all their regulars could still be accommodated at the game, no problem.

Rangers FC owe it to the supporters to play hardball over this. Loyalty, after all, is a two-way street.

The club need to do everything they can to push for the maximum 20% here and be fully transparent if its a police decision to veto this.

You can be sure our manager and players will appreciate the backing of 4000+ Bears.

The club need to do everything they can to push for the maximum 20% here and be fully transparent if its a police decision to veto this.

You can be sure our manager and players will appreciate the backing of 4000+ Bears.

Spot on but it’s probably already been agreed.

Call me hopeful or whatever but I think we will be getting the 4k. They have left the upper of the stand free. Killie would have only took 1000 or the like. So they will put the ones who have bought our tickets up there

Didnt look thread until Kilmarnock done.

You can’t be serious. Rangers being denied whats in the competition rules and was the allocation for close on 20 years before being forcibly ejected from the league, by Aberdeen.

For real !?

Call me hopeful or whatever but I think we will be getting the 4k. They have left the upper of the stand free. Killie would have only took 1000 or the like. So they will put the ones who have bought our tickets up there

Aberdeen are selling ticket in the the addition 2 sections we may have got but didn't block S & T so they wouldn't be moving of their STH

Everything has been agreed before the outcome of the replay, price and allocation

Last edited:
Aberdeen are selling ticket in the the addition 2 sections we may have got but didn't block S & T so they would be moving of their STH

Everything has been agreed before the outcome of the replay, price and allocation

Was this a police decision or one agreed between the clubs?

If we don't get 4k then Rangers have failed us, 1. We need all the support we can get for a big cup tie and 2. It's what we are due.

Absolute joke. I can't remember there ever being any real bother when we used to get a bigger allocation.

Police Scotland are utter scumbags.

As previously posted it will be a police decision

I’m assuming the club can’t have been seen to be questioning this prior to last night as would all have been a bit presumptuous.

You’d like to feel now it’s us that have confirmed our place, we should be good to take the police decision back to them

Sadly think the police would've moved in early on this one and got both clubs taling early to stop the 4k request.

Gutted.

As posted further up ,Rangers asked for 20% ,which Aberdeen were happy to comply with ,however the Police put a block on it and we will receive the same allocation as for league games .
I also believe Rangers will conduct a ballot for those on the away scheme

As posted further up ,Rangers asked for 20% ,which Aberdeen were happy to comply with ,however the Police put a block on it and we will receive the same allocation as for league games .
I also believe Rangers will conduct a ballot for those on the away scheme

Shambles. Better change the rules to “up to 20% of the allocation as long as the police say it’s ok”

How about they do their job and get on with it.

There is more chance of us playing Aberdeen in Aberdeen on a Saturday at 12:00 than receiving 4,000 tickets.

The police simply do not want us up there on a Saturday anymore never mind 4,000 on a Sunday.

Hopefully we hear today so that supporters can start making arrangements.

Edit. Just noticed the post further up, shambles that the Old Bill put a blocker on it but I did mention that on this thread earlier, they get final say on these matters now.

Ticket scramble about to commence.

There used to be 2 fences ( meaning 2 sections for away fans ) now there is only 1 fence = smaller section for away fans.

No point blaming the club lads.

Rangers and Aberdeen agreed on just under 4k away tickets, but police overruled it.

Back