[Northern Echo] Middlesbrough, Blackburn & Stoke after Jones.

£500k plus a decent percentage of future sale would do me.

I’m not his biggest fan, but prices are so crazy in the Championship. It’s entirely plausible he has a decent season or two and has other clubs willing to pay a 7-figure fee for him.

You gave him a half decent write up there so why settle for £500k?

£500k is a slight undervaluation given that personally I feel his true value is 1.5 - 2x that. But the fact is that the club appear happy to let him go and turn a quick profit (£500k in 12 months) on a player who has hardly kicked a ball for us since the Europa League qualifiers last summer doesn't give me too much to grumble about.

The way i see it, it’s obvious he isn’t in our plans as he wasnt even on bench yesterday (Unless we had accepted a bid and he was left out - who knows?!)

we want to use his wages elsewhere and on ‘better’ (in our Management view)

the interested clubs will know that as will he

hence I’d say we would around 750k to 1mill up front and sell on added in to that deal.

500k and a sell on fee would be good business if as mentioned he’s not in SG plans.

500k is a ridiculous fee from a championship club. Martin Bain stuff we should be looking for at least double that.

Sell on clause is key after waghorn. Think a million plus hefty sell on clause would be fair. Still cheap for championship prices.

There's a difference between undervaluing Morelos or Barisic and accepting that Jones isn't very good and £500k is a reasonable fee.
I trust Wilson to get a good deal.

£1 million and we can start talking. Let's face it if 3 clubs are involved one of them will have no problem taking a punt on him at that price.

If he was still under contract at Killie - how much would they have been looking for him??

1.5mil we should be asking for nothing less and with a few add ins that could boost it up to 3mil Mark he is an international player and off 3 clubs are in then it's not out with 1 of there budgets
we got him on a free, Gerrard wants rid of him now, no danger we'll get 3 mil for him no matter how we set the payment up

So apparently three clubs are competing for him but some posters think that means the price goes down?
Talk about fixed mindset?
Bloody idiots mate. No wonder that other lot get high prices for their players and we accept chicken feed.

Shot ourselves in the foot a little by stating that he’s not wanted and can leave at the first opportunity. Hardly builds value when clubs are looking at him.

It looks like Jordan isn't in the gaffer's plans now, so it's best all round if we can sell him for as high a fee as possible with a sell on clause and hopefully put that money to help reinvest with a better player.

Frankly if you have 3 championship teams interested in him the fee of £1.5m should not be excessive. He is an international and in his mid twenties. Will Griggs went to Sunderland ,in a lower division , last season for around £4 m. He is also older ,we should not under sell our players.

Will Grigg has been an absolute flop at SOL , the chairman paid way over the top for him , especially when the manager Jack Ross didn’t even want him !!!!
£4 million for an absolute donkey , so £1.5 for Jones maybe achievable , depends how much the 3 clubs want him

I think he’s probably worth closer to the £1m mark.

Dykes is said to be worth £2m...

He had a shite season, but the year before, folk would have paid £1m for him.

He’s a good age, international, coming from a big club. We could get some more out of that deal.

Highly doubtful for a player who essentially relys on his pace with no end product.

Jones is a very limited player and anything we get for him is a bonus.

Poor player.

Certainly not just pace and certainly not a poor player.

More likely poor attitude and off field behaviours

some funds and off the wage bill would be great, never been a fan didn't want him signed and no loss in my opinion

its also easy to say if 3 clubs hold out etc etc, everyone knows we are trying to get rid, we probably told his agent to shop him around you cant then really turnround and play hardball

He is surplus to the squad. so to get him of the payroll, accept a nominal fee, appearance fee and a sell on percentage.
Could all add up to a decent amount, or, sweet f.a.

1.5mil we should be asking for nothing less and with a few add ins that could boost it up to 3mil Mark he is an international player and off 3 clubs are in then it's not out with 1 of there budgets

There’s always one!

How likely do you think it is that clubs will agree to pay £1.5m for a guy we picked up for nothing a year ago, has barely played and now been deemed surplus to requirements?

Nobody on this forum has any influence on how much we get for our players
Listening to the mentally challengeds talking up their players value constantly hasn't done them any harm, if it's put out as a general consensus by the fan base the mouthpieces in the press run with what's being said.

Listening to the mentally challengeds talking up their players value constantly hasn't done them any harm, if it's put out as a general consensus by the fan base the mouthpieces in the press run with what's being said.
Arsenal never paid £25m for Tierney because of what Paul from Coatbridge and Keith Jackson in the Record said he is worth £25m. They paid it because their recruitment team believed he was worth it.

There’s always one!

How likely do you think it is that clubs will agree to pay £1.5m for a guy we picked up for nothing a year ago, has barely played and now been deemed surplus to requirements?
You look at negative issues I will look at the fact he is an international who before his injury against the mentally challengeds was playing well but has fell out with the manager nothing to do with his ability what don't you go kerrydale street and purr how good there players are

Nobody is paying that for Jones
On the contrary £1.5m for a full international not yet at his peak is a bargain and is the minimum we should be looking for .
We were shafted big time for Waghorn and players like Jordan Thompson and John Fleck have went for fees in excess of 1m remember we got over 2m for Windass for god sake so I think 1.5 is reasonable and fair

we got him on a free, Gerrard wants rid of him now, no danger we'll get 3 mil for him no matter how we set the payment up
No we didn’t we got him on freedom of contract an entirely different thing How much would Kilmarnock have wanted if he had been under contract ?

750k-1milliin sounds about right for a youngish Internationalist with their best years ahead of him.

if we can get a 10% sell on clause then great but not overly bothered on that as i dont see him making another move for huge money.

International player who set up the goal that took us into Europa league group stages and theres tards on here saying hes not worth half a million.

Chortle.

3 championship teams after an international player in is 20's = 1 million minimum!

No we didn’t we got him on freedom of contract an entirely different thing How much would Kilmarnock have wanted if he had been under contract ?
Explain the difference between a free and freedom of contract?

Semantic Sunday.

Hopefully 500k-1 Million plus a sell on fee. That would be a great deal for someone we got in on a free. He’s not very good and the sooner we get rid the better.

Explain the difference between a free and freedom of contract?

Semantic Sunday.
[/QUOTE
he turned down a contract offer from his club
He was not freed as in surplus to requirement/ not good enough
We freed Flanagan Halliday Holt for example as they weren’t of the standard required not offered a new deal

I think Ross Wilson has shown already with Grezda and Polster that he’s capable of maximising a fee for unwanted players.

I’m confident he’ll get as much as reasonably possible in the current market.

You look at negative issues I will look at the fact he is an international who before his injury against the mentally challengeds was playing well but has fell out with the manager nothing to do with his ability what don't you go kerrydale street and purr how good there players are

Pointing out your fantasyland valuations isn’t the sole preserve of Yahoos, my friend.

Get that fee and he has cost us nothing

He also chipped in, in Europe, so all in although is not worked for him it's not a total bust

Back