Ojo - what does he offer?

A wonder goal v Feyenoord to get us where we are ?

Folk were saying the same of Kent even by this point last year. Christ som3 around me tonight were asking what Kent is offering us just now.

The boy needs a run in the team to get his confidence up, a bit like Barisic did.

I thought he was the right sub when he was coming on as our only chance of attack by then was on the counter, and once they knew we had a speed merchant as an out they'd have something to think about. Didn't really work out like that though .

Would love to see his pass completion rate.

Utterly hopeless. May aswell get a fast kid from the crowd and put a jersey on him to play.

To be honest, at some point it might just click for him. He is rapid, has skill and can strike a ball but for whatever reason its just not working for him.

Dont know if he is struggling with the pressure or what, but I suspect one day in the future he will be flying at some other club and we will all be looking on and wondering where was that Ojo at Ibrox.

He scored a fantastic goal to win us 3 points against the Dutch! Massive 3 points it turned out to be! If he had a final ball he would worth a fortune!

He’s utterly atrocious

Constantly makes bad choices when on the ball, gives away silly fouls one of which led to their goal

Hopefully he’s sent back in January

His foul epitomised everything wrong with him.

lazy to let the guy run off him, then a stupid tackle to give away the foul.

Feel for him at times, but he just doesn’t get it.

That is it.

He’s no concept of what it means to be a first team player with us.

'He just needs a run of games to build his confidence.'

We aren't some benevolent charity fund. We have games that are must win.

Added to the fact that was Ojo's 28th appearance for us. He's been given games and minutes, more than lots of other players, there isn't a Rangers player in him.

Last edited:
A wonder goal v Feyenoord to get us where we are ?

Folk were saying the same of Kent even by this point last year. Christ som3 around me tonight were asking what Kent is offering us just now.

The boy needs a run in the team to get his confidence up, a bit like Barisic did.

So one goal about 3 months ago justifies his place in the team every week even though he's done next to nothing since?

To think we shunted our own young players like.Mcpake,Hastie out the door to give this guy game time beggars belief.Bye bye in January

Ojo at the moment offers nothing. His pace should help him but it doesn't. He constantly cuts in and loses it or mis hits. His shooting is pish and so weak... Adios amigo

That'll be apart from his goal against Feyenoord that got us into the last 32?

He’s simply not good enough to justify any game time whatsoever. I’d love the lad to prove me wrong but I’m as sure as I can be that he won’t. He’s indecisive and sloppy in possession. He won’t be missed when he returns to Liverpool. I wish the lad well but he’s just not an asset to our team.

Rangers through to the last 32.
An achievement that seemed a millions miles away not so long ago.
Better get another thread started about Ojo & the subway loyal

I think it’s fairly clear that he’s not up to performing at this level. If we could send him back it’s definitely something we should be looking at.

Thought he did OK tonight - put himself about the pitch and made a few tackles which is what he should be doing and something he has been lacking.

Of course he is frustrating at times but we really don't have a better option sitting on the bench.

At the stage now I think he must have a clause in his contract that he has to play a certain amount of games.
I’m willing him on every game, but have the feeling he’s going to be one of those players that looked a potential superstar, but will end up fading into obscurity.

How are people finding a way to slaughter Ojo here when he was only on the pitch for about 10 minutes. Ridiculous.

Because it's not a one off and Gerrard persists with him anyway even though he offers nothing whatsoever. He actually put us under pressure with needless fouls.

Came on, run around like a competition winner, made a challenge but put us under pressure needlessly at times

Just don’t really get what he does but hey ho, we are through!

Btw, Kent not much better when he was on the park

He offers being a man down and making life difficult for the rest of the team.

He lacks effort, awareness, his positional sense is shocking, he doesn’t read the game, his decision making is abysmal, I could keep going.

Waste of a jersey.

People are giving him far to much credit. Players like Barrie McKay have offered more in a rangers shirt than ojo but have been criticised.

His biggest downfall will be his rotten decision making. He’s brilliant at taking the wrong options 9 times out of 10.

How Gerrard reckons he can offer more than Middleton baffles me. The performances Middleton put in at the same stage last year were far better than what Ojo has produced. Ojo is here getting game time for Liverpool benefit while Middleton is in Hibs u23s. Crazy

Stewart, Murphy, Middleton, Hastie, Grezda and Halliday would genuinely offer more at left wing at this present time.
Case in point. Hes so far away for me. Makes you wonder what the likes of Middleton done wrong.

SG likes him so he won't be going anywhere. He does have talent but we rarely see it. What is particularly annoying is the way he keeps getting game time ahead of others despite never earning it. We can only hope he returns to his early season form soon.

Back