Open Goal Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spill the beans then mate :D

If it's someone no longer at the club i'm sure it's not a huge deal to disclose.

If it's a semi respected figure there's no reason for people to hold a grudge....

If it's more sinister, people claiming to be "ITK" holding back is pretty pointless.
It's a former 'assistant kit man' - Albanian guy who's name escapes me.

I think he was caught taking items of kit home with him that he shouldn't have, hence his dismissal. He's claiming though that it was racially motivated. It's been in the press recently - front page of a daily rag no less - so it's not a secret.

I believe there's an 'unfair dismissal' case still ongoing.

It's a former 'assistant kit man' - Albanian guy who's name escapes me.

I think he was caught taking items of kit home with him that he shouldn't have, hence his dismissal. He's claiming though that it was racially motivated. It's been in the press recently - front page of a daily rag no less - so it's not a secret.

I believe there's an 'unfair dismissal' case still ongoing.
I know who you mean now. Erald Krasniq

wi
I chucked it a few weeks ago as it’s just a celtic podcast which isn’t surprising considering who owns it and the panel of three scum fans.
I’d just beware of seeing them live. I know of a few bears who seen them live and said the crowd was just full of celtic fans singing celtic songs and put them off ever going to see them. I’d assume the Hydro would be ten times worse!
Will probably Chuck the tickets tbh. Bought them last year when I watched it every week and looked forward to it. Now I just switch it off whenever the rangers chat is done and even then the only person who talks sense is ferry and his mask is slipping. Will be dead in the water this time next year unless the do something to improve it

wi

Will probably Chuck the tickets tbh. Bought them last year when I watched it every week and looked forward to it. Now I just switch it off whenever the rangers chat is done and even then the only person who talks sense is ferry and his mask is slipping. Will be dead in the water this time next year unless the do something to improve it
Sold mine already mate

What’s the plan for the Hydro? Can imagine Kyle being a rabbit in the headlights and as for Slaney... feel a bit for the guy as he clearly has issues, you don’t know what you’re gonna get with him, he’ll need to get the dosage/pre drinks just right.

They were even asking Considine to do a ‘yes sir, I can boogie’ performance at it, I’m not even sure they were joking. It sounds like an absolute car crash

Getting sick of them singing as if they are on a football team jolly, didn't mind it when Scotland qualified for the euros but every week they seem to shoehorn a wee sing-along into the show..... Just fcuk off eh!

And who is the jet btw? I must have missed something but I hear it every week now and still haven't worked out who it is lol

Getting sick of them singing as if they are on a football team jolly, didn't mind it when Scotland qualified for the euros but every week they seem to shoehorn a wee sing-along into the show..... Just fcuk off eh!

And who is the jet btw? I must have missed something but I hear it every week now and still haven't worked out who it is lol
The jet is jim jefferies, kyle talked fondly of him so they took the piss. Now there's a jim jefferies playing for livi so they pretend it's the same guy.

They always break out into a tune tbf, wouldn't say it's a post euros thing.

I can't be the only one who finds that Eddie Howe training clip unimpressive. I'm not even saying that as a biased Rangers fan. It's a routine drill with him shouting utter shite in a posh English accent from the sidelines.

"Give it to Brooksy. Yeah, nice one. Come on Blues!"

The way he repeatedly calls Ryan Fraser "wee man". Cringeworthy.

He even ends the session by saying "good work, chaps!" ffs.

The jet is jim jefferies, kyle talked fondly of him so they took the piss. Now there's a jim jefferies playing for livi so they pretend it's the same guy.

They always break out into a tune tbf, wouldn't say it's a post euros thing.
Aye well it's still pish, don't mind when it's the Andy halliday song right enough lol

Open goal is dreadful now, i used to love listening every week but its just recycled shite now and i can’t stand it, far better podcasts out there. Even Halliday is no longer worth listening to.

Must say tho I can’t imagine he’s meaning an assistant kit man

I think it is. Krasqni used to coach in the youth set-up.

Halliday has called out Allen by name previously and don't think he'd have any problem doing so again.

Where as with the ongoing situation with the other, I can understand why he avoided naming him.

I think it is. Krasqni used to coach in the youth set-up.

Halliday has called out Allen by name previously and don't think he'd have any problem doing so again.

Where as with the ongoing situation with the other, I can understand why he avoided naming him.
Listened to it back & he did say he’s been in the papers lately so I’m guessing you’re correct and why he isn’t naming him

Stopped watching this a while ago.

Not acting staunch or anything just think it lost its spark.

Ferry is a good host but his opinions are shite for someone who is meant to be a football minded coach going through his badges.

Slaney’s patter just isn’t funny anymore.

The less said the better about Kevin Kyle.

I think Halliday is the best on it and he has good chemistry with Ferry. They should focus more on doing something with that.

Ferry , Halliday and Derek Ferguson are worth watching. I could even put up with Slaney in much smaller doses.

Kyle and McAvennie add absolutely zero to the podcast. McAvennie is just a nothing. A loathsome character. Kyle is someone I pity tbh. Decent career but obviously not the brightest and is to be pitied rather than hated

A real shame, but it’s garbage now. There used to be a bit of balance, now it’s so blatantly from a Celtic perspective.

Jokes were old about 5 weeks ago, and Kevin Kyle is a personification of brain damage.

Ferry , Halliday and Derek Ferguson are worth watching. I could even put up with Slaney in much smaller doses.

Kyle and McAvennie add absolutely zero to the podcast. McAvennie is just a nothing. A loathsome character. Kyle is someone I pity tbh. Decent career but obviously not the brightest and is to be pitied rather than hated
Halliday was good at the start but IMO he’s just as bad as the rest now

A real shame, but it’s garbage now. There used to be a bit of balance, now it’s so blatantly from a Celtic perspective.

Jokes were old about 5 weeks ago, and Kevin Kyle is a personification of brain damage.
This pretty much covers how I feel about it now. It’s so blatantly slanted to the other side of the city, even when discussing us it’s ‘framed’ from a Celtic perspective.

I can't be the only one who finds that Eddie Howe training clip unimpressive. I'm not even saying that as a biased Rangers fan. It's a routine drill with him shouting utter shite in a posh English accent from the sidelines.

"Give it to Brooksy. Yeah, nice one. Come on Blues!"

The way he repeatedly calls Ryan Fraser "wee man". Cringeworthy.

He even ends the session by saying "good work, chaps!" ffs.
He ended that session by having some PG Tips and a rich tea

What’s the plan for the Hydro? Can imagine Kyle being a rabbit in the headlights and as for Slaney... feel a bit for the guy as he clearly has issues, you don’t know what you’re gonna get with him, he’ll need to get the dosage/pre drinks just right.

They were even asking Considine to do a ‘yes sir, I can boogie’ performance at it, I’m not even sure they were joking. It sounds like an absolute car crash
One of the reasons I stopped listening was this god awful regurgitated cringe worthy patter.

Fair play to anyone who tunes in to this nedfest weekly but I honestly couldn't give these idiots the time of day given some of the absolute drivel and lies that's been allowed to pass on their show.

Ferry sat there pissing himself whilst Ian Black spoke a lot of shite about "that wee boy that took ma place" at Rangers only getting a game because his aunty was Stuart McCall's hairdresser.

"No chance, you are at it"
"Ahm fúcking tellin ye"

Absolute excrement.

Its easier to be funny and balanced when your team is winning.

Fair play to anyone who tunes in to this nedfest weekly but I honestly couldn't give these idiots the time of day given some of the absolute drivel and lies that's been allowed to pass on their show.

Ferry sat there pissing himself whilst Ian Black spoke a lot of shite about "that wee boy that took ma place" at Rangers only getting a game because his aunty was Stuart McCall's hairdresser.

"Ahm fúcking tellin ye"

Absolute excrement.

In fairness - and while I agree that the show itself is overhyped to the extreme - Ferry isn't there to forensically examine the stories of those he has on the show. He never has done and never will do. If you were expecting him to dissect Black's story with some off the cuff knowledge about the Rangers squad around that time, and hold Black to account, you were rightly disappointed.

To all intents and purposes, Ferry is a bam himself - you only have to listen to a couple of his own tales to come to that conclusion. He isn't looking to challenge Panorama when it comes to robust content. It's a show for a certain demographic, and that demographic largely enjoy it.

"Ahm fúcking tellin ye"

Absolute excrement.

Wondered who it was about, I presume Murdoch or Macleod?.

"Ahm fúcking tellin ye"

Absolute excrement.

I don’t hate many of any Rangers players past or present but Ian Black is the exception. His wee stupid hard man act and the way he conducts himself.

I hope he gets called out on that. In fact, if someone can find the footage from earlier in the season, I’ll do it myself.
I can’t find it from few searches I’ve done. Him and slane were definitely slagging him for praising every pass and for calling Ryan Fraser “wee man” constantly.

I’m sure it was beginning of this season, or end of last.

Can find quotes from Ferry from January/February saying Tims job would hit Howe like Ton of bricks and making out he’d struggle with it! Changed his tune in space of couple of months.

Slaney’s bottle will crash with the Hydro I reckon. Even the shows they used to do with small crowds at the Tennents brewery you could tell he was shiting it. Most likely on the sniff as well.

"Ahm fúcking tellin ye"

Absolute excrement.

It’s Si Ferry we’re talking about here not Jeremy Paxman.

Agree 100%, utter drivel now.
The whole ‘Jet’ thing, the stuff about slaney in holland, the mike dean patter and the shite jokes about Moyes’ big houses are all regurgitated every week.
Had missed a couple weeks and then put this weeks on when out running and i couldn’t even finish it.. not going to bother with it anymore.

It was a good enough listen and balanced for a while but now it is filth TV which is about as balanced as the Just Us Tims podcast.

Discussing the filth for 40 minutes and creaming themselves over Turnbull, Griffiths, Forrrst et al and then focusing on us and the other clubs for only a few minutes, no thanks.

Halliday is starting to show the company he keeps and you could be mistaken for thinking he was one of them with his opinions.

It was a good enough listen and balanced for a while but now it is filth TV which is about as balanced as the Just Us Tims podcast.

Discussing the filth for 40 minutes and creaming themselves over Turnbull, Griffiths, Forrrst et al and then focusing on us and the other clubs for only a few minutes, no thanks.

Halliday is starting to show the company he keeps and you could be mistaken for thinking he was one of them with his opinions.

Had to laugh at Halliday saying Antwerp and Slavia were poor teams.

Would expect a bit of perspective from a guy playing levels below both.

I`ve watched it in the past, but it's usually brain numbingly tragic patter, especially big KK, who`s as bright as a 1watt bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back