Overrated players?

Yon wee Japanese at the tims
Turnbull’
In fact a whole host of that lot get blown up way above their talents however Scott Lego Broon has got to be the most over rated Scottish player in the last 15 years or so.

I'll go the opposite way and say one of the most underrated players in the world is Verratti. Unbelievable footballer, never looks flustered under pressure and very rarely gives the ball away. Joy to watch.
I don’t think he is under rated is he? Considered to be amongst the best CMs in the world.

Well less than a goal every 2 games suggests he’s not been getting very good service then.

He’s spent too much time in and out of teams. Maybe not the fittest naturally but who knows. Consistently scored goals that many strikers at that level could only dream of.

Seeing James Rodriguez’s debut in Qatar had gone to shit it makes me think who are the most over rated players of all time? He must be high up there but who else have you just never seen it in?

Been a few like him that get lauded as Superstars after a good international tournament then never hit the heights.

El Hadji Diouf!

Remember thinking football was fckd when Portsmouth under the guidance of master flanneler Harry Redknapp bought the Nigerian forward Nohn Utaka and put him on £80,000 a week ,or a £23m wages contract.
This was around 15 years ago ,he never even got to double figures in goals in that time.
This for me was the start of fantasy football ,with inflated egos and pricing to match.
Could pick hundreds of players since then tbf.

These threads are always a great laugh. Ryan Giggs wasn't consistent despite playing at the very top level for over 20 years. Superb
In the Messi thread, there were Bears seriously criticising Messi, who was on the back of scoring 40 odd goals in 1 season for a poor Barca team. I always imagine one of our players reading that thread and getting the fear. I mean, what are these people expecting. I’m 100% certain most of follow follow have never played football in their lives.

Sergio Busquets has never finished in the top 20 of a Ballon d’Or ranking in his entire career

An amazing stat so maybe some underrate him??
Problem is he is number 21. And with thousands of other attacking midfielders then he's probably not underestimated just unlucky he played beside Iniesta, xavi, and messi.

Back