Pedro Has Gone In On The Players

Great that the majority of you have fallen hook, line and sinker for the journo bheast line of "he's blaming the players after he said he blamed himself, funny foreigner"

He took full responsibility. He's told the players they are not playing to the standards of this football club. He has challenged them to make it right on Wednesday. There is nothing wrong with that and if it was Walter Smith or a British manager it would be stated on here as "good man management".

Get behind the team FFS.

I just watched that interview and apart from Walter Smith bitch slapping Chick Young it’s one of the best press conferences I’ve seen a Rangers manager give. Maybe it’s because I’m used to communicating with people on a daily basis whose first language is Spanish; maybe that’s where some of you guys are being disconnected, I don’t know. But he totally owned that shower of scum and I am honestly scratching my head as to where the insanity is.

Some key points put across by Pedro:

• “Pressure is someone working week to week as the sole bread winner of a family, and at the end of the month after paying the bills wondering whether there is going to be enough money left over to feed your family.”

Subtext: Pressure is not a shower of pampered assholes in a dressing room wondering what sports car to drive to the club tonight with their pals on the way to get wrecked.

• “I take full responsibility for the game and the outcome, but I told them: This is a massive club, and you’ve embarrassed the club, the fans, me and yourself.”

Subtext: What are you going to do about it on Wednesday? Are you going to curl up in the fetal position in the dressing room or are you going to man-up and go out and win a game of football.”

• I watched the game back and wondered at points if we were back to the beginnings of the game before Rugby and Football diverged.

Subtext: We were up against a team of hammer throwers who had no intention of playing football.

•”Let me ask you something,” (he then addresses the mentally challenged media) “can you name me a Scottish referee that has refereed at the top levels of the game, Champions league final for instance?” Silence. “How about a Scottish player who is internationally known?” Deafening silence. “When was the last time Scotland qualified for a major tournament? More silence. “You are happy with this?”

Subtext: Are you cunts willing to go along with the “welcome to Scottish football” shite while being pissed on and laughed at by the rest of the world?

•How many windows have we had? Do you think we have the squad we are looking for or are happy with?

Subtext: Why don’t we get the same breaks and respect the tranny shagger at the piggery gets, like when he got horsed by Barcelona?

I wasn’t sure about Pedro and still am not. But I haven’t wanted a guy to succeed as much in my life as this guy. Some of our fans are doing the mentally challengeds job for them with some of the pish that’s being spouted. It’s fuckin sickening.

I just watched that interview and apart from Walter Smith bitch slapping Chick Young it’s one of the best press conferences I’ve seen a Rangers manager give. Maybe it’s because I’m used to communicating with people on a daily basis whose first language is Spanish; maybe that’s where some of you guys are being disconnected, I don’t know. But he totally owned that shower of scum and I am honestly scratching my head as to where the insanity is.

• “Pressure is someone working week to week as the sole bread winner of a family, and at the end of the month after paying the bills wondering whether there is going to be enough money left over to feed your family.”

Subtext: Pressure is not a shower of pampered assholes in a dressing room wondering what sports car to drive to the club tonight with their pals on the way to get wrecked.

• “I take full responsibility for the game and the outcome, but I told them: This is a massive club, and you’ve embarrassed the club, the fans, me and yourself.”

Subtext: What are you going to do about it on Wednesday? Are you going to curl up in the fetal position in the dressing room or are you going to man-up and go out and win a game of football.”

• I watched the game back and wondered at points if we were back to the beginnings of the game before Rugby and Football diverged.

Subtext: We were up against a team of hammer throwers who had no intention of playing football.

•”Let me ask you something,” (he then addresses the mentally challenged media) “can you name me a Scottish referee that has refereed at the top levels of the game, Champions league final for instance?” Silence. “How about a Scottish player who is internationally known?” Deafening silence. “When was the last time Scotland qualified for a major tournament? More silence. “You are happy with this?”

Subtext: Are you cunts willing to go along with the “welcome to Scottish football” shite while being pissed on and laughed at by the rest of the world?

•How many windows have we had? Do you think we have the squad we are looking for or are happy with?

Subtext: Why don’t we get the same breaks and respect the tranny shagger at the piggery gets, like when he got horsed by Barcelona?

I wasn’t sure about Pedro and still am not. But I haven’t wanted a guy to succeed as much in my life as this guy. Some of our fans are doing the mentally challengeds job for them with some of the pish that’s being spouted. It’s fuckin sickening.

Thats how I seen it too. Well said mate.

Number of windows is a non-factor in what happened yesterday. Pedro has had the same number of windows as Robinson has at Motherwell. Except pedro got to spend multi-millions on his.

I've not seen the interview, however, the above will do for me.

Hard to believe some of the crap that goes on here:

Amount of mentally challenged scum posting

Believing tabloid headline writers

The race for staunchness by slating our own players & manager

The sheep mentality - one guy posts “ we played like we’re a man short” , cue about 30 guys using the same expression ( which I don’t recall seeing much before then)

Pedro hasnt won 3 in a row, no doubt soon to be replaced by Pedro hasn’t won 4 in a row etc etc. repeated as above

I find it hard to take a lot of these posts seriously, especially when prefixed by the retarded “ a think “ school of bampottery

You’d get leathered in many pubs for spewing that sort of nonsense but the internet is indeed home of the keyboard warrior

Social media gives the thickest & the herd a voice. Sadly

Does the name Souness or Advocaat ring a bell with you?

Here's the results from Souness' first season. He had one more point than Pedro at this stage.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986–87_Rangers_F.C._season

Here's Advocaat's first season. He had the same points total as Souness at this stage.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998–99_Rangers_F.C._season

Both those sides went on to win the league despite taking time to get going. I don't expect us to win the league this season but I expect us to improve as the season goes on.

Spot on...many games are being played against us from inside and outside the club.

There are a few Rangers "fans", some high profile, some on here who are desperate for him to fail. Since the start.

I just don't get it.

For me he needs to get a full season.

I've been a major supporter of PC throughout and have backed him a lot on here.

Is he up to the job? It honestly looks like he isn't. However the guy needs a season to see if we improve.

We simply cannot bin a manager every 6 months because we aren't beating everyone, we've invested a fair bit in PC and the guy deserves a full season to try get us sorted.

To be honest I’m done with listening to and trying to dissect Pedro’s press conferences.

The only thing that really matters is what happens on the pitch, and that’s simply not good enough and often very different to the game Pedro talks in interviews and press conferences. I’ve fought Pedro’s corner a lot on here, but I’ve finally reached that point I got to with Warburton when we got humped at Tyncastle, the point where I’m 100% certain he is not cut out to be the Rangers manager. I understand some feel a manager needs a full season, but when they’ve failed EVERY single big test after 7 months in the job, we have to be honest with ourselves and admit that it’s not going to happen, why waste the rest of the season when all the signs are so clear?

It’s best for both parties if we go our separate ways. For us we can hopefully get a more capable manager and a manager who won’t bring the sideshow we get with Pedro with the scum media trying to ridicule him (not his fault at all, but it’s happens and it’s an unwelcome distraction), and for Pedro he gets to escape the pressure cooker environment and a horde of 19th Century Terrorist journalists who are determined to rip the piss out him at every given opportunity.

The sheep mentality - one guy posts “ we played like we’re a man short” , cue about 30 guys using the same expression ( which I don’t recall seeing much before then)

Pedro hasnt won 3 in a row, no doubt soon to be replaced by Pedro hasn’t won 4 in a row etc etc. repeated as above

I find it hard to take a lot of these posts seriously, especially when prefixed by the retarded “ a think “ school of bampottery

You’d get leathered in many pubs for spewing that sort of nonsense but the internet is indeed home of the keyboard warrior

So you think he's doing a great job then?

And tell me this, what gives you the right to label fellow bears that are quite correctly concerned with the performance of the manager and team as "mentally challenged scum". That's something you should get leathered for, keyboard warrior right enough.

I'd love to be able to say Pedro hasn't won 4 in a row, it would mean we are improving. I don't see it happening anytime soon right enough just like a lot of bears I've talked to since Sunday. But hey, I forgot we're just part of the thick and retarded herd.

We really should be bowing down to you with you're superior intellect and knowledge. You'll be telling us next that Pedro is the man to lead us to glory. All he needs is another 6 transfer windows and £75 million.

To be honest I’m done with listening to and trying to dissect Pedro’s press conferences.

The only thing that really matters is what happens on the pitch, and that’s simply not good enough and often very different to the game Pedro talks in interviews and press conferences. I’ve fought Pedro’s corner a lot on here, but I’ve finally reached that point I got to with Warburton when we got humped at Tyncastle, the point where I’m 100% certain he is not cut out to be the Rangers manager. I understand some feel a manager needs a full season, but when they’ve failed EVERY single big test after 7 months in the job, we have to be honest with ourselves and admit that it’s not going to happen, why waste the rest of the season when all the signs are so clear?

It’s best for both parties if we go our separate ways. For us we can hopefully get a more capable manager and a manager who won’t bring the sideshow we get with Pedro with the scum media trying to ridicule him (not his fault at all, but it’s happens and it’s an unwelcome distraction), and for Pedro he gets to escape the pressure cooker environment and a horde of 19th Century Terrorist journalists who are determined to rip the piss out him at every given opportunity.

Didn't you read the post above ?

It's because you're disconnected and don't speak Spanish ;)

Subtext: :D

You should get Rab McGlinchy in for the sign language.

I've read some condescending nonsense on here, but hats off, in one line you've managed to smash it.

Will be interesting to see the negative posters try to pick holes in this fantastic post.

prediction - this thread will now fall off the front page like a lead balloon.

Subtext: :D

You should get Rab McGlinchy in for the sign language.

I've read some condescending nonsense on here, but hats off, in one line you've managed to smash it.

What part of it do you disagree with? If you disagree with it of course..?

The guy is correct

Our players shrunk to midgets when they went behind

Cowards the lot of the bar Morelos

They should be ashamed

Also windass missed 4 great chances we should have been out of sight
Windass should not play for the 1st ever again.

He has had one transfer window, big factor he had no nucleus of a squad, hardly any dough and yeah some have not worked out. Next two windows next especially next summer we now have a nucleus of players and we dont require a total ship out and ship in strategy. He is not a stupid man and will see he has players he cant trust to do it for him. I think pedro should be given the season.

There's definitely a fifth column at work. This board needs fumigation at times. Never have I seen our support spew so much bile towards our club, players, manager, even the men who saved us. We used to laugh at timmy with "to the carpark" but the sad truth is some on here are just as bad. Some are actually gagging for Wednesday to go tits up so they can start again.

Here's the results from Souness' first season. He had one more point than Pedro at this stage.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986–87_Rangers_F.C._season

Here's Advocaat's first season. He had the same points total as Souness at this stage.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998–99_Rangers_F.C._season

Both those sides went on to win the league despite taking time to get going. I don't expect us to win the league this season but I expect us to improve as the season goes on.

On the basis of what? - pure hope that history repeats itself?

If there was evidence of a clear style of play, tactical awareness/ability & managerial track record then i could agree with you. However there isn't.

We will not win anything nor see a huge improvement until Pedro realises the system we play does not suit the players & plays into the hands of any opponent who sticks 3 midfielders in centre mid.

I agree with a lot of what you say normally but, for me, the 100% conviction you now have can only be based on two flawed criteria:

1. We went into the season expecting to win something. I don’t think that was the consensus at all. We largely said “competitive, in touch in the league and do well in a cup, maybe win one”. I don’t think that is reinventing history but correct me if I’m wrong.

2. The team isn’t improving. Yes we are stuttering but the trend is upwards. Maybe there’s too many hiccups for some but the point you and I both reached with Warburton at Tynecastle, by the sounds of it, was after 16 months of flatlining, mistakes never being addressed and widespread faith in players who were a class or two below. It was the last of a long countdown of straws. Do you really think that’s where we are with Pedro?

An objective judgment on Pedro, the scale of the task and the time he’s had to carry it out simply can’t result in 100% conviction he should go. I expect it of the knee jerks on here, but I’m surprised at you.

I’m probably 60/40 in favour of Pedro, for the record

At the end of the day the balance of power lies with the players. No one wants Pedro bulleted but he has to get this bunch bonded and playing for each other and him. Time and again they haven’t done this - regrettably the buck stops with him, as many decent managers (and men) have found out. If there’s no reaction and we drop points on Wed night I can see no other outcome than a new manager - we simply can’t afford to go into another downward spiral before Jan. Fingers crossed for a confidence boosting win, although no doubt Clarke will have an expertly organised 10 man defence out, so it won’t be easy.

Having to buy a new team was absolutely ludicrous. When does a new manager get or have to buy a new team? It also gave excuse after excuse as long as any existing player was near the team. His man management appears to be shocking too. I’d be surprised if anybody downed tools or got worse when he’s gone.

When the previous team consisted of guys like Keirnan, Halliday, Forrester, Garner etc.
Souness had to do it and so did Advocaat

That's really refreshing to read. I agree that's how I read that as well!

Whenever Pedro’s time is up I really hope the 3 idiots who made up the last recruitment panel are nowhere near the decision making process this time. Graeme Park, Stewart Robertson and Andrew Dickson have cost the club an absolute fortune over the past 8-9 months.

I also hope Robertson has already been told he won’t be getting his huge bonus this year and is hunted out at the next AGM.

Great that the majority of you have fallen hook, line and sinker for the journo bheast line of "he's blaming the players after he said he blamed himself, funny foreigner"

He took full responsibility. He's told the players they are not playing to the standards of this football club. He has challenged them to make it right on Wednesday. There is nothing wrong with that and if it was Walter Smith or a British manager it would be stated on here as "good man management".

Get behind the team FFS.

Have you actually watched the interview?

He says he told the players they were an embarrassment, to him, the fans, the club, the works, and he did it all in full glare of a media pack who evidently couldn’t believe their luck that he’d just blurted this one out.

Now, you might say he’s right, and he is, but the point is you don’t do it in public.

That rarely ends well.

I don't see much wrong with his comments although I do accept it doesn't generally end well in these circumstances.

If the players aren't embarrassed after that showing they shouldn't be at the club. Hoping to see a reaction on Wednesday to close the gap on the filth.

I will give them another chance on Wed he said
that's great give windass and pena another chance why dont you.

What part of it do you disagree with? If you disagree with it of course..?

He/She has taken sections of the press conference (6 answers to be specific) in which not one Rangers fan would or should disagree with.

The poster, who's obviously far more qualified to comment on Pedro's replies as he speaks Spanish and given us basic English speaking underlings help to understand them.

Now can he do that with the full press conference, the section were he basically signs his own release papers would be helpful.

I'll let you decide on the full press conference once it's been translated.

I totally agree with you. the press conferences that Pedro has given for me have always been first class. this is a manager that "gets it", he knows how we are treated by the mhedia and the abuse he has suffered at the hands of the Scottish press pack has bordered on racist abuse.

we, however, have fans on here giving him, even more, abuse instead of standing together. I would also say to those fans that are attacking him for saying what he did about the players that you all probably said the exact same thing about them and the players have also publicly stated they are to blame for Sunday and not the manager.

I urge you all, regardless of your opinion on Pedro, to try and find the time to watch the press conference.

The media "highlights" aren't reflective of his overall point at all. Even if you feel he's not the man for the job, I don't see how you can argue against asking for the players to show a reaction, the media coverage of Scottish Football being ridiculous, or the fact that Scottish football is stuck in the dark ages.

There's nothing hugely sensational or controversial about what he says.

I urge you all, regardless of your opinion on Pedro, to try and find the time to watch the press conference.

The media "highlights" aren't reflective of his overall point at all. Even if you feel he's not the man for the job, I don't see how you can argue against asking for the players to show a reaction, the media coverage of Scottish Football being ridiculous, or the fact that Scottish football is stuck in the dark ages.

There's nothing hugely sensational or controversial about what he says.

Maybe the club will actually put the press conference up so that we can.

Number of windows is a non-factor in what happened yesterday. Pedro has had the same number of windows as Robinson has at Motherwell. Except pedro got to spend multi-millions on his.
The issue with posts like this is that they are irrelevant. If the referee did the job he there to do, Motherwell would not have had the players on the park to win the game.

Whether Pedro or the players are/were good enough on the day is of secondary consequence to the outcome of the game.

There's definitely a fifth column at work. This board needs fumigation at times. Never have I seen our support spew so much bile towards our club, players, manager, even the men who saved us. We used to laugh at timmy with "to the carpark" but the sad truth is some on here are just as bad. Some are actually gagging for Wednesday to go tits up so they can start again.
Without a doubt.

He hasn’t put all the blame on the players.
Read the “Pedro Q&A” thread.

I really want it to work for Pedro, he is a good man. But beginning to think this is not working out and sometimes you have to face up to that. If it continues to go this way I think a new manager before the winter break would be the way to go, give a new boss the time in January to work with the team and if money allows make some changes. I hope Pedro can turn things around in Nov/Dec though and will be supporting them all to that end.

What i think is vital is that any new boss must be strong, experienced and able to sort out the press rats. The tranny would have had a good idea what was needed when he took over the Beggars. We need someone very strong and experienced in British football and the crap that comes with it, also need a very good football manager, so not an easy task but they are out there and King should be involved in the next recruitment. I hate the fact that we may need to do this as I like that Rangers have had so few managers in their history. We need to get back to a manager being with us for a long time. That's why the next manager recruitment is absolutely vital.

Back