Players at Ibrox for a short time you wished we had seen more of?

Michael Mols. We only got a brief glimpse of what might have been before that night in Munich.

Sebastian Rozental. Knee injury against St Johnstone (I think) when he also scored pretty much ended his career with us. Thought he could've been cracking player!

For various reasons, in no particular order;

Sone Aluko
Carlos Cuellar
Carlos Bocanegra
Frank De Boer
Henning Berg
Jean Alain Boumsong
Lewis McLeod

Rino being an obvious one. More recently Aluko, wasn't overly excited about him signing but what a wee player he turned out to be

I'd probably say Cuellar, Arteta, Aluko and Prso.

Maybe earlier rather than longer for Prso, you could tell just how could a player he was in that first season but by the end his knees were just gone.

Still one of my favourite ever Rangers players though and always will be!

Billy Urquhart. Maybe not lol, so Carlos Cuellar if he could have continued with the job he did for the short time he was with us.

Agree on Gabriel Amato.

I think Mols could have been one of the greatest ever players to pull on a Rangers jersey if we had him at his best for longer.

I still despise Bayern Munich and Kahn to this day because of that incident.

In more recent times I would have liked to have seen more of wee Vladimir Weiss.

Iain MacDonald late 60's early 70's , young wonderboy who got a career ending injury.

One player who I don't think has been mentioned but who I thought had real class, Trevor Francis

Agree on Gabriel Amato.

I think Mols could have been one of the greatest ever players to pull on a Rangers jersey if we had him at his best for longer.

I still despise Bayern Munich and Kahn to this day because of that incident.

In more recent times I would have liked to have seen more of wee Vladimir Weiss.
The incident with Khan was totally innocuous and just one of these things that happen. There was no malice in it.

I think Jim Forrest may apply to bears of a certain vintage.

I know all the auld yins in my family go on about it often enough.

What was it, something like 150 goals in 160 games before his 23rd birthday?

Fairly respectable stats I'd say.
I still say Billy McBungles career became a lot easier when we let Forrest go.he absolutely tortured him.check his goals v Tims on you tube.

Erik Bo Anderson, looked gangly and awkward but knew where the goal was.

Last edited:
Back