Players at Ibrox for a short time you wished we had seen more of?

Mols, Negri, Tugay and Thern were players I'd liked to have seen more of. Arteta as well but I don't think he was happy in Scotland.

Another vote for Oleg Kuznetsov. Looked like a genuine superstar in that game against St Mirren before his injury up at St Johnstone.
Michael Mols. The finest forward I have seen at Ibrox. What a player

Can`t beleive no one has acknowledged my "Daniel Cousin" suggestion.

Is everyone just speed reading this thread?? :(

If only we got big Dado a couple of years earlier.

Gio and Gattusso the other 2 that popped into my head.

Few I'd wish stayed longer:

Gio
Gattuso
Aluko
Boumsong
Cuellar
Arteta

And a few I'd wish came earlier:

Prso
Frank De Boer
Ronald De Boer
Caniggia

So many but here goes',

FDB.
Cuellar,
Rino
Michailachenko (when played in midfield.Curse you WS)
Mols
Jim Forrest and big Dandy McLean
Reyna
Thern
Bjorn Sorensen (way way back)
Amato
Negri

Oleg Kuznetsov. I was really young but can remember how excited my old man was about him signing

Seb Rozental for me. Watched one of those late night "World Soccer" programmes about 6 months before he joined us, they did a whole piece on him and how he was the next big thing from South America. Some of his early career goals were outstanding.

When we signed him I was convinced we had bought the next World Superstar. He scored on on his debut early , then wrecked that knee just before half time.

When it became apparent how bad it was, I was absolutely gutted. To this day, I'm convinced he could have been a superstar.

Ozy

Kevin Drinkell. Would have put Johnston and McCoist under more pressure, Ally in particular needed it that season. 89-90

The incident with Khan was totally innocuous and just one of these things that happen. There was no malice in it.

I totally agree and understand there was no intent involved.

The incident just left a sour taste after the fact when you could see Mols wasn't the same player.

There was also the fact we battered Bayern in their own yard that night and still got beat felt like another boot in the balls. :D

Swaying slightly here but does anybody remember Roy Carroll at Ibrox. Think he was here for a year in 2007 but don't recall him ever playing.

Can`t beleive no one has acknowledged my "Daniel Cousin" suggestion.

Is everyone just speed reading this thread?? :(

Never seen it originally. But that's a good shout, a striker who could have torn up this league for years. And a man who could have won us the UEFA Cup had we protected him a bit more in Florence.

Would have loved to have seen us having Souness & Wilkins at their peak. Even in their later years they were top class.

Same as most Frank De Boer, Cuelller and Boumsong would be my top 3.

Injuries wise Mols would be top of the list, Negri, Prso as well.

I totally agree and understand there was no intent involved.

The incident just left a sour taste after the fact when you could see Mols wasn't the same player.

There was also the fact we battered Bayern in their own yard that night and still got beat felt like another boot in the balls. :D
Agree mate we were superb that night, Gio missed a sitter and we hit the post as well?I remember they were blootering the baw oot the park with half an hour to go.

Forgot to add in my original post Duncan Ferguson.

I know he left due to the way he was treated but I just could imagine the damage he would have done to Scottish football in his prime.

Couldn't see him mentioned, but I thought Hemdani was a great footballer, and would have loved to see him play here longer.

Agree with most names posted, especially Negri....always wonder what could have been with him.

FDB, Henning Berg, Numan, GVB, Reyna, Arteta & Jelavic and tin hat on...Barrie McKay.

Agree mate we were superb that night, Gio missed a sitter and we hit the post as well?I remember they were blootering the baw oot the park with half an hour to go.

That's right. I remember Kahn making a save parrying the ball upwards on to the post which then hit the bar as well. Magnificent support we took over for that game.

Still baffles me how we never got out the group stages under Advocaat.

Daniel Prodan. Was genuinely excited when we signed him as he scored a cracker of a volley against us with Staua Bucharest and looked class.

Mendes, Mols, Boumsong, Arteta, Cousin, Rozental, Amato, Big Dunky, Aluko, Tugay.

Add young McLeod who , I think, was shoved out the door.

Back