Police Scotland investigating assault after Slavia game

The whole thing just feels like made up nonsense.
I’m not convinced it is. Of all the ridiculous things Slavia have said since the match, this is the one thing that sticks out as being quite specific in terms of detail. They’ve also said UEFA officials witnessed it. I can’t believe they would make that claim if it wasn’t true. Gerrard was completely non-committal about it when directly asked on Friday. Taking all that in conjunction with Kamara lawyering up, I think it may have some truth to it. Kamara has a very good defence in that he was clearly provoked. The time that subsequently passed may count against him slightly but I still can’t imagine there being any serious repercussions for him, certainly not in a legal sense. With UEFA who knows. Personally I think we might have a better chance of nailing Kudela through the court system than through UEFA.

I’m not convinced it is. Of all the ridiculous things Slavia have said since the match, this is the one thing that sticks out as being quite specific in terms of detail. They’ve also said UEFA officials witnessed it. I can’t believe they would make that claim if it wasn’t true. Gerrard was completely non-committal about it when directly asked on Friday. Taking all that in conjunction with Kamara lawyering up, I think it may have some truth to it. Kamara has a very good defence in that he was clearly provoked. The time that subsequently passed may count against him slightly but I still can’t imagine there being any serious repercussions for him, certainly not in a legal sense. With UEFA who knows. Personally I think we might have a better chance of nailing Kudela through the court system than through UEFA.
Yeah, we haven't mentioned it at all despite them doing it several times. Would have thought we would have flat out denied it if there was nothing in it. It'll be a bit of pushing and shoving they are trying to use as a deflection.

I think they are claiming it happened a while after FT.

They were on the pitch for 45 mins laughing and taking videos on their phone, which ties in with Goldsons timeline of events. They then walked up the tunnel and one of their players supposedly got assaulted, but not a single one of them were able to get any video evidence of it despite having phones.

All the more strange when you consider they were obviously anticipating a potentially violent situation, given that our players were standing in a big mob waiting to jump them.

The whole thing just feels like made up nonsense.
That doesn't fit with their managers latest claim that he was asked to attend a meeting with the players the gaffer and UEFA delegates and the GK hit the racist as they got together for this meeting. Its also notable that he says he thought the meeting was to discuss the injury to their keeper. Why would 2 specific players and UEFA delegates be involved in a meeting about that?

It’s just a shame that he wasn’t hospitalised for speaking to Glen like that and would’ve known something decent rather than a scrap which be lucky if 2-3 punches landed or done any damage.

I cant even bring myself to begin to imagine what kind of absolute scum decide that the best way to defend a racist within their organisation is attack the victim and not only attack them but attempt to get them into trouble with the law. For having the audacity to stand up to horrible piece of shit.

UEFA and the Police better hope our two Clubs never cross paths again.

Given recent handling of Rangers related complaints recently Slavia should be looking forward to a sizeable boost to their transfer budget courtesy of Police Scotland.

So they are investigating a bullshit claim of assult but the widely reported issue of a black lad being called a monkey isnt under investigation..... Polias SNP need to be careful here they dont send out a very wrong message.
Wouldn’t an investigation of an assault lead to the racial assault ? I’d say they are indivisible

why are slavia calling for it now rather than seeing it through with Uefa that’s what I’m thinking

^sorry I meant to reply to mr mozza

Reactions: SSR
I cant even bring myself to begin to imagine what kind of absolute scum decide that the best way to defend a racist within their organisation is attack the victim and not only attack them but attempt to get them into trouble with the law. For having the audacity to stand up to horrible piece of shit.

UEFA and the Police better hope our two Clubs never cross paths again.
Sadly that’s how racist and bullies try to deflect from there shortcomings by blaming everyone else but themselves.

Everything they have claimed doesn’t seem to be backed up with any evidence. There were no fans there as they claimed, the player in question showed no signs of being attacked when he got on the team bus and they were shown on the pitch laughing and playing keepy uppy. Whereas, video evidence clearly shows Zungu heard what was said to Kamara. Rangers should have reported a hate crime and got him charged at the time, and I’m sure they still could.

PS - is someone did punch him, he deserved it!

What constitutes assault in there minds I wonder , could be a desperate lurch by them
At first they said he was assaulted by fists ( took a hiding) I expect there was a bit of pushing.
I doubt if after the cops look there will be any charges and Slavia will turn round and say the Scottish police are corrupt and covering for a Scottish team.
Hope that’s the case anyway.

The timeline of events and claims that Slavia has produced since the game is ridiculous, so much so that a competent lawyer could drive a bus through it. However, Rangers needs to officially complain about this with Police Scotland. We can't throw our toys out the pram re: racism and expect UEFA to do this, that and the other if we don't personally take this to the police, unless of course that's the decision of Kamara himself. If a complaint is made though, Plod needs to be at the airport to invite the player in for questioning as soon as he gets off the plane, en route to accommodation for the Arsenal game. If the player doesn't travel, having been made aware that Rangers has lodged a compliant.......draw your own conclusions.

There was plenty of video coverage of the tunnel on social media. Didn't see any action. And Kudela showed no signs of injury getting on the bus ..... and no security/police presence either.

I’m inclined to believe there probably was an attack on Kudela, mainly because we haven’t so much as mentioned it let alone denied it.

However, I also wonder if this is a gambit by Slavia to try and force us into a compromise, i.e. we’ll drop the assault charges against Kamara if you drop the racism claims against Kudela.

If that’s what they’re angling for I seriously hope we tell them to ram it.

Spot on.

1. UEFA got Kudela and GK together to iron it out and that got out of control.
2. UEFA will now do an investigation
3. If that does not satisfy Kamara and police think there is sufficient evidence it will go to procurator.
4. Kudela is up on a race charge (with corroborating witness(es))
5. Kamara likewise up on an assault charge (if witnesses)
6. Kudela gets jailed as corroboration sufficient.
7. GK gets a fine due to racist provocation as a mitigating circumstance.

The czech player is on a far stickier wicket than GK. If he persists with his assault charge GK will have no alternative other than to prove mitigating circumstances. If UEFA find him guilty he is fekked. If UEFA do nothing he is fekked.

These folk don’t understand that in Scotland a racist crime is far more serious than a smack in the gob. They have miscalculated.

They are linking the keeper injury to the racism incident. 2 totally separate situations.

They are claiming that Kamara did a pre-meditated assault on Kudela - and nobody intervened letting him run away.

They are also claiming that Kuchta was assaulted.........In the racism incident, someone kicked the ball at him!

Even if something did happen - I can't see plod wanting anything to do with it.

Both Kuchta and Kudela played yesterday.

I’m inclined to believe there probably was an attack on Kudela, mainly because we haven’t so much as mentioned it let alone denied it.

However, I also wonder if this is a gambit by Slavia to try and force us into a compromise, i.e. we’ll drop the assault charges against Kamara if you drop the racism claims against Kudela.

I haven't mentioned the threesome I had with Kylie and Danni Minogue and to date they haven't denied it. Must be true...

They are linking the keeper injury to the racism incident. 2 totally separate situations.

They are claiming that Kamara did a pre-meditated assault on Kudela - and nobody intervened letting him run away.

They are also claiming that Kuchta was assaulted.........In the racism incident, someone kicked the ball at him!

What are the consequences , if any , of prosecuting internationally between Czech Republic which is in EU and Scotland which ain’t post-Brexit ?

Is that why you think rangers / Kamara position is leave this with uefa ?

Police and PF decide if charges are brought, long gone are the days you can drop charges.

thats more like it, no face no case

Just cant see it happened like said with the amount of people around on a UEFA match night the story would be everywhere
With the entourage of both sides and them being locked out their dressing room surely it wouldn't just be wee mo who hit someone - it would have been a full scale tear up?

The good news about this is that Glen can go into the witness box and say publicly what he was called.
It will clearly be backed up by Zungu.
The sheriff will no doubt have a view on the actions of the Slavia player and I wouldn’t be surprised if - the sheriff is half impartial and not a raging mentally challenged bhigot - that he is acquitted on the grounds of extreme provocation.

Is that why you think rangers / Kamara position is leave this with uefa ?
I think that’s the correct thing to do, but it would be totally understandable if Kamara had leathered him in the tunnel given the nature of the abuse and how clearly incensed he was.

If I’m wrong though and it transpires Slavia made the whole thing up, UEFA need to throw the book at these rats.

Maybe Rangers aren’t giving their claims a moments attention because they are obvious lies.

My tuppence worth is that we should have raised a crime report on Thursday night immediately after the game and got ahead of this. If the club didn't want to, then we should have opened a back channel to Slavia indicating that should they instigate allegations of assault then in turn we will report this hate crime. I would imagine that initially we would have wanted UEFA to deal with it. Slavia, reporting this have only tried to change the narrative. Problem for Slavia is that the hate crime will supercede a simple assault.

Are they claiming Kamara punched him in the tunnel about an hour after the game? It reads like his own teammates stood aside and didn't try to stop Glenn?

The other 'assault' claim is ridiculous! A player got a ball kicked at him on a football pitch!?

Last edited:
Reactions: TNT

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a confrontation but "assault", doubtful. It would have come out by now - and I'm not talking about from Slavia.

This is about UEFA charges, not criminal.

Are they claiming Kamara punched him in the tunnel about an hour after the game?
The other 'assault' claim is ridiculous! A player got a ball kicked at him on a football pitch!?
Yes. That and possibly he was stood on.

Some also want the goalkeeper to sue Roofe.

It's a different culture...........

The one thing you can be sure of, if Police Scotland, the SFA and Uefa are involved then we will get shafted big style.

Yes. That and possibly he was stood on.

Some also want the goalkeeper to sue Roofe.

It's a different culture...........
The fact his own teammates didn't intervene and let Kamara get away, might suggest that they too were sickened by his earlier remarks towards GK.

There is CCTV in the tunnel at Ibrox, post match there were UEFA Officials, Match Officials, Police and Stewards, if there had been an “assault” it would have come out before now.
By an amazing co-incidence :rolleyes: didn’t I read Slavia said we had taken measures to cover any CCTV or something similar ha ha. Not only that but Stevie G and the UEFA Delegate stood there and watched it happen.:eek:

Saw this coming. 100% behind Kamara, and if he clocked him he deserved it. But I wrote this was going to end badly in the few days after, the not addressing it in statements, and then the lawyers letters, I'd say he scudded him. Now UEFA will stomp on us.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a confrontation but "assault", doubtful. It would have come out by now - and I'm not talking about from Slavia.

This is about UEFA charges, not criminal.
As I said, if Kamara had swung for him under the circumstances would any of us be surprised / disappointed?

I highly doubt Gerrard and other club officials stood back and did nothing though (much less covered up the security cameras) and I’m perfectly willing to believe this bunch of yokels are lying through their teeth about everything, but my gut feeling is that something happened and it wouldn’t surprise me if it was physical.

Back