Police Scotland investigating assault after Slavia game

If he even makes the squad.
I hope he does though as he'll have to play against Barisic and Jack in the groups. I fully expect both of them to try and exact a little bit of revenge.
He probably won’t but if he did, both players should go for him at the same time straight from kick off, say a leg each.

Two broken legs and two red cards but it’s Scotland playing so who gives a %^*&? :p

Spot on.

1. UEFA got Kudela and GK together to iron it out and that got out of control.
2. UEFA will now do an investigation
3. If that does not satisfy Kamara and police think there is sufficient evidence it will go to procurator.
4. Kudela is up on a race charge (with corroborating witness(es))
5. Kamara likewise up on an assault charge (if witnesses)
6. Kudela gets jailed as corroboration sufficient.
7. GK gets a fine due to racist provocation as a mitigating circumstance.

The czech player is on a far stickier wicket than GK. If he persists with his assault charge GK will have no alternative other than to prove mitigating circumstances. If UEFA find him guilty he is fekked. If UEFA do nothing he is fekked.

These folk don’t understand that in Scotland a racist crime is far more serious than a smack in the gob. They have miscalculated.
May be wrong, but I'll be surprised if Kudela flies to Arsenal. Kamara was there as a kid & a Scottish warrant can be served in England.

Last edited:
Are they claiming Kamara punched him in the tunnel about an hour after the game? It reads like his own teammates stood aside and didn't try to stop Glenn?

The other 'assault' claim is ridiculous! A player got a ball kicked at him on a football pitch!?
Yes.

Are Police Scotland going to leave it hanging with a pretty cryptic Tweet.

An information vacuum gives the uninformed carte blanche to fill in the blanks.

Last edited:
What are the consequences , if any , of prosecuting internationally between Czech Republic which is in EU and Scotland which ain’t post-Brexit ?
Used to have European Arrest Warrants. That would have made it easier to get Kudela out of CR to face criminal charges. These don’t exist now. But him coming to a case in Scotland as a witness may be easier as Scottish police could arrest Kamara easy enough. Longer process but will happen eventually if necessary. Some more info below if interested.

So EAW agreement wasn’t reached during Brexit mate ? Seems ECE regulations are now the regular process . Kamara’ stamp lawyer implied that arrival in uk would facilitate interview by PS .

I dint see things going in that direction as we sit

Last edited:
My money would be on Goldson rather than Kamara
I don't think the boy would be walking out of there with barely a scratch on him, if Goldson has got a hold of him.

Strange that they are hellbent on pursuing this is assault narrative though. Even citing incidents on the pitch, which isn't the done thing at all.

You can spot the glaring differences in culture though. I don't think they even have proper laws on racism or hate crime over there. To them assault is probably a far worse crime. Where as here there are varying degrees of severity to it.

I personally don’t think any assault took place,surely if the racist had been beaten up he would only have been too happy to show the press his wounds! It seems to me that this team and all its followers,including that scumbag of a manager will stop at nothing to try and clear their racist roots and lying seems to come naturally to all of them.

I’m not convinced it is. Of all the ridiculous things Slavia have said since the match, this is the one thing that sticks out as being quite specific in terms of detail. They’ve also said UEFA officials witnessed it. I can’t believe they would make that claim if it wasn’t true. Gerrard was completely non-committal about it when directly asked on Friday. Taking all that in conjunction with Kamara lawyering up, I think it may have some truth to it. Kamara has a very good defence in that he was clearly provoked. The time that subsequently passed may count against him slightly but I still can’t imagine there being any serious repercussions for him, certainly not in a legal sense. With UEFA who knows. Personally I think we might have a better chance of nailing Kudela through the court system than through UEFA.

They said fans stormed the stadium or similar pish which wasn't true at all. I wouldn;t believe a word they print til it comes to court.

I really hope this goes nowhere, last thing Glen needs tbh.

Nobody want to wait until we read the witness statements & review any CCTV before making up narratives? Whatever happens I feel UEFA will find cause to fine RFC

Nobody want to wait until we read the witness statements & review any CCTV before making up narratives? Whatever happens I feel UEFA will find cause to fine RFC

Their referee booked the Rangers captain for defending a colleague who notified him of that hideous incident.

Wouldn’t an investigation of an assault lead to the racial assault ? I’d say they are indivisible

why are slavia calling for it now rather than seeing it through with Uefa that’s what I’m thinking

I wonder if it's something to do with them remaining in the Europa League? A criminal investigation will take months, their next game in two weeks. Cant be horsed out as an investigation is on going and hope UEFA may put the racism acusation on hold so they dont prejudice any criminal trial?

I wonder if it's something to do with them remaining in the Europa League? A criminal investigation will take months, their next game in two weeks. Cant be horsed out as an investigation is on going and hope UEFA may put the racism acusation on hold so they dont prejudice any criminal trial?
That is exactly what it is. They are trying to avoid any action being taken before the Arsenal tie.

Maybe but difference is the racial one can be corroborated
I reckon that they’ll be able to “corroborate” their story - that’s why they’ve taken a few days to make sure all their players are adequately briefed in what to say.

They’ll be working to a script here.

I reckon that they’ll be able to “corroborate” their story - that’s why they’ve taken a few days to make sure all their players are adequately briefed in what to say.

They’ll be working to a script here.
Lot of activity from them and it makes them appear unpredictable at this point

I hope Kamara did wallop him.

Let the police and UEFA investigate it, they need to investigate the factors that made it happen. And when they do that, the racist will be in much bigger trouble out the two.

Wouldn’t an investigation of an assault lead to the racial assault ? I’d say they are indivisible

why are slavia calling for it now rather than seeing it through with Uefa that’s what I’m thinking
Call for it no so uefa cant act due to ongoing enquiry
Once the case is over they will still have been paid prize money
Eufa will use this as a get out

I think this is likely - by specifically mentioning the UEFA officials as witnesses to the supposed assault they may be trying to compromise UEFA’s investigation.

I think this is likely - by specifically mentioning the UEFA officials as witnesses to the supposed assault they may be trying to compromise UEFA’s investigation.
That’s the puzzling thing for me - if they’re making up the bit about the UEFA official, surely their story will be blown out the water at the first stage.

They can’t be that stupid, can they?

There will be cameras in the area they are claiming this assault took place so it should be pretty straightforward to sort out.

It'll be interesting if the Slavia racist Kudela is arrested by Police Scotland for committing a racial hate crime in Glasgow.

Even if their scenario did actually happen, Imagine the British Embassy filing a police complaint in Prague because an Arsenal player got belted after being racist, just wouldn't happen.

They really are making themselves look like proper pieces of shit are Slavia Prague. I genuinely didn't think there could be a club that would stoop to Celtic levels of scumbag behaviour but here we have it. Slavia Prague looking a proper scummy outfit.

Well, that's fine if they want to play that game. Kamara can raise the complaint about racist abuse from their player then.

If he was assaulted in the stadium them in all fairness, he would have deserved it. Would like to hear that he did actually get slapped about a bit.

They really are making themselves look like proper pieces of shit are Slavia Prague. I genuinely didn't think there could be a club that would stoop to Celtic levels of scumbag behaviour but here we have it. Slavia Prague looking a proper scummy outfit.

Well, that's fine if they want to play that game. Kamara can raise the complaint about racist abuse from their player then.

If he was assaulted in the stadium them in all fairness, he would have deserved it. Would like to hear that he did actually get slapped about a bit.
I wonder where UEFA stand on all this? They dont like football matters being investigated by civic authorities do they?

Rangers star Kamara’s lawyer says Slavia boss’ comments ‘smack of desperation’ and club are ‘beneath contempt’​

AAMER ANWAR insists Slavia Prague boss Jindrich Trpisovsky's comments regarding Glen Kamara 'smacks of desperation'.
The Rangers star's lawyer also insisted the Czech club are "beneath contempt" for the way they have defended Ondrej Kudela.
Rangers star Glen Kamara reacts to Slavia Prague's Ondrej Kudela
Rangers star Glen Kamara reacts to Slavia Prague's Ondrej Kudela
Rangers star Kamara's lawyer, Aamer Anwar
Rangers star Kamara's lawyer, Aamer Anwar
Kamara alleged that he was subjected to racial abuse by the defender during the Light Blues' Europa League clash with Slavia last week.
However, Trpisovsky has now attacked the Ibrox club and also alleged that the Finnish international assaulted Kudela after the game.
And Police Scotland confirmed this afternoon that they are investigating the assault claim after receiving a complaint from Slavia Prague.
A spokesperson said: "We have received a report of an assault following the match between Rangers and Slavia Prague at Ibrox on Thursday, 18 March, 2021.

"Officers are liaising with both teams and an investigation is underway."
However, responding to Trpisovky's statement today, Anwar insisted the Slavia Prague manager was beneath contempt.
And he also called on Kudela to assist Police Scotland with their inquiries into his alleged racist abuse of Kamara when he and his team-mates travel to London to face Arsenal next month.

Anwar said: “The statement issued by Slavia Prague is beneath contempt and compounds their repeated failure to condemn the racist abuse of Glen Kamara by one of their own players, as well as fans.
"This statement by Slavia Prague’s manager smacks of desperation and it might have helped their cause had one of Slavia Prague’s players not been caught on an audio-recording confirming that Kudela had called Glen a ‘monkey’.

"As for Uefa it really is ‘time up’ for their ‘anti-racism tokenism’.
"On this occasion there is corroborated evidence for the grotesque abuse that took place on the international stage.
"What black players need is a clear robust message to be sent out to the footballing world that Uefa are genuine about eradicating the scourge of racism."
Police Scotland have yet to receive a complaint of criminality from Rangers.

Excellent words from Kamara's lawyer. I presume he's alluding to the WhatsApp recording of their subbed on keeper confirming they were held back because the player abused Kamara and used exactly the same words corroborated by Zungu.
Do Police Scotland actually need a complaint direct from Rangers? Be surprised if they do

Back