Police Scotland investigating assault after Slavia game

We know Slavia were bullshitting about their initial calls to Police Scotland in regard to this incident. I’m curious though, if by filing a complaint via the Czech consulate in London was a political ploy, done to apply pressure to UEFA to make this disappear?

We know UEFA don’t like political interference in their affairs (unless it benefits them)

I cant honestly see GK hitting out as much as I think in this case it would be deserved. I do think there must have been some handbags given our silence and the ironic thing it may be mistaken identity if you can see the irony in those racist scumbags. Fully expect a fine for the club however hold some hope suitable punishment is given to the individual involved.

One of their own team/staff uploaded a video of them post match standing in and around the tunnel at FT having a laugh.

According to them the "assault" happend going up the tunnel at FT. They have blown their whole accusation by themselves the daft c*nts
They changed their story to being called to a meeting after the match in one of their more recent statements

I’m not convinced it is. Of all the ridiculous things Slavia have said since the match, this is the one thing that sticks out as being quite specific in terms of detail. They’ve also said UEFA officials witnessed it. I can’t believe they would make that claim if it wasn’t true. Gerrard was completely non-committal about it when directly asked on Friday. Taking all that in conjunction with Kamara lawyering up, I think it may have some truth to it. Kamara has a very good defence in that he was clearly provoked. The time that subsequently passed may count against him slightly but I still can’t imagine there being any serious repercussions for him, certainly not in a legal sense. With UEFA who knows. Personally I think we might have a better chance of nailing Kudela through the court system than through UEFA.
Paddy Bonner said on radio Scotland said he was one of the UEFA reps at the game and he never mentioned any punches and he went into a bit of detail on the whole situation. Perhaps he was not the UEFA rep who is said to have witnessed alleged incident, but I am sure they speak together amongst themselves and would have been aware of it.

Paddy Bonner said on radio Scotland said he was one of the UEFA reps at the game and he never mentioned any punches and he went into a bit of detail on the whole situation. Perhaps he was not the UEFA rep who is said to have witnessed alleged incident, but I am sure they speak together amongst themselves and would have been aware of it.
That’s interesting. As you say they would have a discussion and if it did happen surely it would come up in that discussion.

Even more interesting is that Bonner is a UEFA rep. How did that happen?

Spot on.

1. UEFA got Kudela and GK together to iron it out and that got out of control.
2. UEFA will now do an investigation
3. If that does not satisfy Kamara and police think there is sufficient evidence it will go to procurator.
4. Kudela is up on a race charge (with corroborating witness(es))
5. Kamara likewise up on an assault charge (if witnesses)
6. Kudela gets jailed as corroboration sufficient.
7. GK gets a fine due to racist provocation as a mitigating circumstance.

The czech player is on a far stickier wicket than GK. If he persists with his assault charge GK will have no alternative other than to prove mitigating circumstances. If UEFA find him guilty he is fekked. If UEFA do nothing he is fekked.

These folk don’t understand that in Scotland a racist crime is far more serious than a smack in the gob. They have miscalculated.
A fair summary except he won’t be doing jail time as a first offender racist comment or not I’m afraid.

I wonder if it was a Czech UEFA representative who ‘witnessed’ the scuffle.
Would make sense if it was one of their own, easily manipulated.

It all seems a tad fishy to me. Wouldn't journalists be in the tunnel. Wouldn't police officers also be present. What about security guards. All these people and only ones to claim assault are they scum bags. If anything has happened it's been hand bags at dawn at most. Sure that's not as flashy as brutal assault with fists haha.

Why haven't we pressed charges for racism, surely the nats hate laws apply to football players too. One thing I can say for sure, slavia players are absolute cowards.

Rangers star Kamara’s lawyer says Slavia boss’ comments ‘smack of desperation’ and club are ‘beneath contempt’​

AAMER ANWAR insists Slavia Prague boss Jindrich Trpisovsky's comments regarding Glen Kamara 'smacks of desperation'.
The Rangers star's lawyer also insisted the Czech club are "beneath contempt" for the way they have defended Ondrej Kudela.
Rangers star Glen Kamara reacts to Slavia Prague's Ondrej Kudela's Ondrej Kudela
Rangers star Glen Kamara reacts to Slavia Prague's Ondrej Kudela
Rangers star Kamara's lawyer, Aamer Anwar's lawyer, Aamer Anwar
Rangers star Kamara's lawyer, Aamer Anwar
Kamara alleged that he was subjected to racial abuse by the defender during the Light Blues' Europa League clash with Slavia last week.
However, Trpisovsky has now attacked the Ibrox club and also alleged that the Finnish international assaulted Kudela after the game.
And Police Scotland confirmed this afternoon that they are investigating the assault claim after receiving a complaint from Slavia Prague.
A spokesperson said: "We have received a report of an assault following the match between Rangers and Slavia Prague at Ibrox on Thursday, 18 March, 2021.

"Officers are liaising with both teams and an investigation is underway."
However, responding to Trpisovky's statement today, Anwar insisted the Slavia Prague manager was beneath contempt.
And he also called on Kudela to assist Police Scotland with their inquiries into his alleged racist abuse of Kamara when he and his team-mates travel to London to face Arsenal next month.

Anwar said: “The statement issued by Slavia Prague is beneath contempt and compounds their repeated failure to condemn the racist abuse of Glen Kamara by one of their own players, as well as fans.
"This statement by Slavia Prague’s manager smacks of desperation and it might have helped their cause had one of Slavia Prague’s players not been caught on an audio-recording confirming that Kudela had called Glen a ‘monkey’.

"As for Uefa it really is ‘time up’ for their ‘anti-racism tokenism’.
"On this occasion there is corroborated evidence for the grotesque abuse that took place on the international stage.
"What black players need is a clear robust message to be sent out to the footballing world that Uefa are genuine about eradicating the scourge of racism."
Police Scotland have yet to receive a complaint of criminality from Rangers.
I hope GK did stick one on the c*nt, nothing short of what he deserved.

It’s interesting though that there is no denial of a fight in the tunnel in that statement. I appreciate lawyers like to drip feed things but wouldn’t he have said it didn’t happen when refuting their latest statement?

Did CG not say at his presser that they waited inside the corridor to 'speak' to them but they stayed outside. Guessing they stayed outside until the guys cleared away..

Why aren't we involving the police in the racism issue?
Reading the statement from Anwar about he hopes the racist will co-operate with the police regarding the abuse to Kamara suggests there may be a complaint made? I don't expect uefa to do the right thing here and not just ban the player but also his horrible club for the lies and deflection tactics they're using to cover for a racist, so I'm expecting GK certainly will take this as far as possible as this is bigger than football.

I'm reading it as he missed out a word. It should probably say Bonner was WITH a UEFA rep, not Bonner was a UEFA rep.
No i am sure he is a UEFA rep - he was on the GO radio football show with Barry Ferguson / Si Ferry etc and they spoke about it before.

He was also a UEFA technical advisor previously as well - so not sure which role he is doing now but is / was certainly within the UEFA circle.

Reading the statement from Anwar about he hopes the racist will co-operate with the police regarding the abuse to Kamara suggests there may be a complaint made? I don't expect uefa to do the right thing here and not just ban the player but also his horrible club for the lies and deflection tactics they're using to cover for a racist, so I'm expecting GK certainly will take this as far as possible as this is bigger than football.
Auchenhowie injury predictor has Kudela at 100% probability and can’t make it to London

No i am sure he is a UEFA rep - he was on the GO radio football show with Barry Ferguson / Si Ferry etc and they spoke about it before.
Oh, right, well just ignore me then! Not sure about how sensible it is to have a former Celtic player as an impartial UEFA rep at one of our games though. I don't know how bitter he is, but it seems a bit of a conflict of interest in general.

Should they not be doing the same thing?
Perhaps if a police investigation is ongoing UEFA would have to wait until that is concluded before determining punishment. This would be to Slavia’s benefit and prevent them being thrown out the competition.

From PS:-

Update: We can confirm we are investigating incidents of alleged racial abuse and a reported assault following the match between Rangers and Slavia Prague at Ibrox on Thursday, 18 March, 2021. Officers are liaising with both clubs and enquiries are continuing.
Now the thing is. This can be corroborated and looking at the footage, the balance of probability 100% backs up what was said.
The PF should be charging this guy.

Back