Ramsey - A Goodbye

His time at Rangers will unfortunately be remembered for one event, and that only.

A Scottish Cup winner nonetheless.

But it shouldn't happen again, Wilson must do better.

I went baws deep for the hype when we signed him.No doubt whatsoever about how good a player he is but I tried my best to block out the injury problems.
If it had worked out then we would all be singing from a different hymn book but that's the benefit of hindsight.
I wish him well

How I remember Aaron Ramsay will be directly linked to how many niggles, strains, pull-ups he suffers at the World Cup.

My money is 90 after 90 after 90 until they go out.

We were a free gym membership for him.

Good luck to him, comes across as a pretty decent guy. I can't really see where his career goes from here though.

It was an absolute joy to watch him in most of the games he played for us. Sadly injuries stopped him making the impact we all thought he would. We knew that was a real possibility.

Some idiots will blame him for the Europa, but that's football.

All the best Aaron.

Embarrassing star struck nonsense.

It was a joy to watch him playing Annan?

An EPL hype player who has real quality but was never going to match the hysteria attached to his signing.
I wish him well, he contributed in moments and someone’s got to miss-I certainly don’t blame him.

Good luck to him. An old firm goal could've been a catalyst for him while he played his part in getting to Seville with a good performance against Braga.

The penalty is just one of those things and you can see it hurt him hugely.

Once a Ranger.

It was a gamble that ultimately didn’t really work.

Don’t blame the club for trying it though.

I said at the time it was a huge gamble.

I'm not going too critical of the club for trying but I really, really hope we learn from the mistake.

Embarrassing star struck nonsense.

It was a joy to watch him playing Annan?

An EPL hype player who has real quality but was never going to match the hysteria attached to his signing.
I wish him well, he contributed in moments and someone’s got to miss-I certainly don’t blame him.

Read my post again before making yourself look stupid.

We were all too buzzing at the time to see the massive warning signs.

A total failure of a signing

There’s fine lines and unfortunately for him it didn’t work out , on another day his goal against Celtic could’ve been a winner and we may have won the league I’d bet we’d be talking differently about him then , a poor penalty in the final but fair play for stepping up , wish him the best

We defend better after a cracking start agains the Filth and we win that game. Given the 4-point league defeat, we win the league.

He scores a pen, the pressure is on the next lad who could miss, and we win the Europa.

Like you say, very, very fine lies.

An absolute disaster of a signing and many on here called it but I tried to see the positives.

If we hadnt signed him would we have won the Europa League? Potentially…Gio wouldnt have made him take a pen and instead it could have been someone else.

All if’s and but’s but these things happen, he’ll move on and so will we. Maybe a move to the Championship? Cant see him in the EPL given his physical decline.

I think his career is over as a footballer due to injuries.
This is it, he's done as a player, this was clearly a last role of the dice for him.

He can't play at 100% without getting injured, clearly a talented player and was worth the risk.

The goal against them could have been a turning point if the team had played better that day.

Anyone can miss a pen

Good to hear we are some of the most passionate fans going that will really strike a chord with the support
This was a vanity project that worked to an extent as a “superstar” signing seemed to grab a fair % of our supports attention to an extent he got a free pass
And we still had Bears saying he should start yesterday that was his moment or he should be here next season.
In a Rangers jersey you get a feeling with players yeah sure sometimes players take time to settle but you can see if this is their focus
AR looked like a player who got an opportunity that suited him and ticked a lot of boxes for him. For us as a club on the park it failed.
And there in his own words is his feelings just another step near the end of his career
Once a Ranger is a myth to an extent we’ve had loads of players who we don’t consider true Rangers men Ramsey isn’t one of the worst we’ve signed nowhere near it but he can hardly be considered a true Rangers man

I’d love to know why the board would approve the signing of a player, who had hardly played for 2 years. Did they honestly believe he would start playing. Good luck to the lad but he’s finished as a player

Bye bye. Hope the door doesn't hit you on the way out as you'll be out for months.
very classy mate.

Anyway, i wish him well, it was a low risk signing as Juve were paying 90 percent of his wages and we got a top drawer player for peanuts.
Sadly he was not fit for most of his time with us, but could have worked out differently and been a cracking loan deal. As said I wish him well.

Can't fault his effort or ability but his body simply can't cope with the rigours of modern football anymore - much like Niko Kranjcar.

We need to focus on signing young, hungry talent on permanent deals and improving them with coaching.
This! No hard feelings towards Ramsey but sadly it just didn’t work. All the best to him in the future and I hope we learn from this as it’s not the first time we’ve blundered and brought in older players with injury’s and fitness issues.

Signed with the best intentions.

In the end we did him more favours than the other way round.

The fawning over his signing was embarrassing at the time but now it’s horrible to look back at.

In the modest amount we saw of him, you could tell he was a player. Unfortunately, for us his footballing brain was still sharp but his footballing body wasn’t quite up to it. If, and it is a big if at this point in his career, he can put the two together again then he can be a special player again for some team.

A risky signing but I understand why we went for it. It just didn't work out for him here unfortunately. Good luck to him.

To be honest I'm more upset by his shocking fitness levels in his time at Rangers than that penalty miss. Honestly feels like he's kind of phoned it in since joining Rangers.

If Wales had been playing an important international game Wednesday you can bet he'd have burst a gut for the previous several weeks trying to get fully fit for the game.

Seemed like a nice lad, looked like he got on well with the other players, said all the right things and was very respectful of our club. Felt a bit sorry for him yesterday during the celebrations - looked like he’d been invited to someone else’s party. No idea what the story was with his fitness in the end, or how he found himself taking our 4th penalty. Anyway I hope he finds form again at Juve or wherever else he winds up.

For him:

Won a cup
Scored in an old firm
Played a european final

Hes had a blinder of a loan period just a pitty he made feck all contribution to winning any of them.

Most said from day 1, only a good signing if fit, he wasn’t and so it wasn’t

Good luck to him but he gave us square root of nothing to be honest

I sincerely and unequivocally hope we've learned a lesson here. No more Hollywood signings. There was a reason nobody else wanted him in January. I think the stigma and widespread knowledge he only busts a gut for Wales will follow him wherever he goes now.

An absolute disaster of a signing and many on here called it but I tried to see the positives.

If we hadnt signed him would we have won the Europa League? Potentially…Gio wouldnt have made him take a pen and instead it could have been someone else.

All if’s and but’s but these things happen, he’ll move on and so will we. Maybe a move to the Championship? Cant see him in the EPL given his physical decline.

His performance against Braga at home was very good. It's pointless to think like that mate.

Even daft things like games he played, maybe Aribo plays wide right instead and gets injured if Ramsey wasn't here.

Back