Ramsey - A Goodbye

A genuine world class player in his day but sadly that day was in the past.

I wasdelighted with his signing but that was because I hadnt followed his career since Juventus. Clearly a risk given his injuries and one that sadly never worked for us.

Be interesting to see where he goes next as his namewill inevitably guarantee suitors but he is a shadow of the player he was.

Goes with my best wishes though.

It didnt work out, a chance we had to take when it came up. If he was fit and healthy he could very well have made all the difference. Hope he can sort out his fitness issues and carry on a fine career.

Ross Wilson should get a severe talking to over this farce.
No wonder juve wanted rid of him, before he came here I had no strong opinions on Ramsey, now I have nowt but anger towards him, and if this was Wilson’s idea to begin with, then he should get his nuts booted all the way back to Falkirk

No wonder juve wanted rid of him, before he came here I had no strong opinions on Ramsey, now I have nowt but anger towards him, and if this was Wilson’s idea to begin with, then he should get his nuts booted all the way back to Falkirk
Said another Mr Perfect….

A perfect example of how important a proper pre-season is for players. He was always playing catch up to a squad who have ridiculous fitness levels. When you’re not fit and pushing to catch up you always run the risk of picking up injuries. Would be really interesting to see if he could have an injury free summer and a proper pre-season behind him, at that point you’d see what he had to offer.

Anyone able to share the post for those without Instagram?
ACBBBDB5-3205-44-A9-A93-D-E4-FA9-D013910.png

I could have forgiven a miss over the bar or past the post but a daisy cutter down the middle is unforgivable.

Lots of hypocritical revisionism on this thread when pretty much everyone was over the moon in January, no surprise there.

It didn’t work out, cest la vie.
Nothing new there when it comes to this place though, loads of people will say they knew it would be like this then 2 or 3 will constantly say ‘I told you so’ because they’d rather be right than to see someone succeed.

Absolute weirdos that live on the internet.

Shame it never really worked out but was clearly worth the gamble at the time. Wish him well wherever he goes next.

Disaster of a signing thats cost us in more ways than money, no hard feelings to him but can't hide away from it, its been an absolute horror signing

All the best Aaron.

From that mad last day of the transfer window to the cup finals it's been one emotional ride.

Hopefully can stay fit and get another couple of years at the top level elsewhere.

Brilliant reply. Well done to you. As I said in another post its nothing personal and not based on missing a pen. He was a waste of time and space. Good riddance
You had to have the wee fly dig about the door though.
In fact the whole post was sarcastic and nasty.

Feel angry we let this circus develop at Rangers. Good riddance and cheerio.
Let’s see if other players are afforded as much leeway as this overpriced prick
I’m sure folks will not be fuzzed at all if Souttar spends as much time on the treatment table next season, and nothing but sympathy will be posted on these forums towards the guy

His time at Rangers will unfortunately be remembered for one event, and that only.

A Scottish Cup winner nonetheless.

But it shouldn't happen again, Wilson must do better.
And quickly or he too should be saying his goodbyes.

Never got going due to injuries unfortunately. Some good performances against Braga and Dortmund. A big and bold signing by Rangers, didn't work out but you can't blame them for going for it.

Feared the worst when he made his debut against Annan... was really shocked at how poor his mobility was around the park. I was buzzing when he signed but its not worked out at all. Good luck for the future.

Good luck to him and I hope he gets back to full fitness and gets a few more years out of his legs.

I think if Borna never got injured he would never have been near the pens but we can’t change the situation and can’t blame him for not winning the Europa as he played his part in getting us there.

A shame it didn't work out. A likeable guy and still a great player but his injury issues will see him in early retirement.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd3pnqXItet/?igshid=NWRhNmQxMjQ=

Ramsey signing off as a Rangers player.

Ultimately it didn’t work. Nice guy, a top player on his day but modern football requires you to be able to run and sprint for 90 minutes across a 50/60 game season. That’s the players we need, that’s modern football. Take note Ross Wilson.
Didn't work. Penalty Didn't work. He doesn't need to work. I'm going to work. Thanks.

I think a poor signing is being very, very mild.

We needed someone to come in and be the difference maker in what was clearly going to be a tight title race.

The fact Wilson thought Ramsey was that guy is a huge concern.
No argument from me.

In Wilson’s defence he was obviously tasked with conjuring up something with only buttons to play with and decided to take a gamble on a player of a level of quality we couldn’t otherwise have afforded in the hope we could get him fit quickly and reap the rewards of that quality for the run in.

It was always going to be a long shot however given his injury issues and lack of fitness and you do have to ask surely there were better options of lesser stature that could have come straight in and made more of a difference?

Gio needs to be properly backed this summer. There can be no excuses from the board if he isn’t.

Cardiff City/Swansea level now realistically

Good chance him and Bale play a season with Cardiff to keep themselves ticking over for the World Cup then its either the MLS or retirement

He seems a very decent lad but it just didn't work for him and I'm not sure anyone else but Cardiff will come in for him as he certainly never proved his fitness up here

Could see the ability he has. On occasion he looked different class. Problem is his body wasn’t capable of maintaining the level required.

A shame it panned out as it did.

It was a gamble that ultimately didn’t really work.

Don’t blame the club for trying it though.
Could drop the ‘really’ from that. But I agree I don’t blame the club for trying - seems to have been a no risk move.

It does seem to me that he is completely done as a footballer. No doubt he will now score the winner against Scotland.

He had a good goal against the scum and much like that game, it's shite how it ended... Someone's penalty had to get saved in the end.

Was absolutely buzzing when he arrived and wish him all the best.

Back