Ramsey - A Goodbye

I think we may be in a better position to judge his contribution to the club better when we find out what we paid him. My guess is he was a glorious failure and he contributed little despite his credentials. I suppose he was worth a punt but it was a losing bet.

It was a gamble that ultimately didn’t really work.

Don’t blame the club for trying it though.
Me neither though a lot seem to…… I was over the moon at the announcement…….wish he’d been played more cause even a half fit ramsey should’ve been able to have dealt with the cloggers of the spfl and who knows how it would’ve went from there

pish TBH

It Tav had missed a penalty the other night a fair few would have been like dugs with two dicks.
Agreed but I meant in the long term they would be remembered for much more. Ramsey will only ever be remember for the penalty.

He was a better player than NK.

Injuries knocked him for 6, I'm glad we had the opportunity to have him.

Had he scored and ultimately won we'd have been wanting him to do another season.

We need an attacking midfielder and a proven striker. The Buff may or may not be here next season but if he is then we need back up.​
At least Kranjcar actually managed to make a few appearances

For me it is irrelevant how good a player is perceived to be, he will only truely be judged when he wears the royal blue of Rangers.

Many have excelled, many have come up short.

Ramsey is in the latter category, unfortunately.

Was full of hope when we signed him, but sadly his recurring injuries meant that we never got to see the real Arron Ramsey - such a pity but I think his injuries will be a major factor in his career going downhill rather than getting back to his early form that had Europe's elite clubs lining up to sign him - his time at Rangers for me didn’t work out and although you could see glimpses of his class, he ultimately failed to deliver

Good to know we can still attract a big name but we’ve very little to thank him for.
Hopefully he can overcome his injury problems and perform at a decent level. Good luck to the lad.

He should retire now. Not short of cash so no need to play on. I really feel sorry for any club like maybe a Fulham that take him on and think that finally he has shaken off his injuries. Juve have royally been done over with the cash they paid him. I really hope we paid next to nothing.

Just never worked out. He seemed to come in with a good attitude, never got the impression he felt he was too big a player to be here and I daresay he's been a good influence on some of our younger players but ultimately as others have said, he'll be remembered for one moment only.

That being said, his finest hour for us was a goal against them on a day I felt that if his team mates had played as well as he did, we might well have won the game and gone on to retain the title.

I bear him no ill will and hope he manages to continue his career at a decent level with as few fitness issues as possible.

Had some harsh words for him in the heat of the moment on Wednesday but ultimately wish him the best. Don’t blame him for Wednesday, could have been anybody missed that penalty he was just unlucky it was him.

He should retire but someone will be willing to throw money at him to sit injured. I don't bear any grudge towards him.

Some of the posts are embarrassing, such as ‘don’t let the door hit you on the way out’.

We took a calculated gamble on a player like him because we’d lost Hagi and it left us short for creative midfielders. It didn’t work out, but to have personal attacks on any Ranger is just not on. He hasn’t deliberately not got fit…..it must be a mental anguish for him that his body doesn’t do what he knows it is capable of doing.

I’m sure he’s also been a massive help to Lowry and some of the other young ones in training also.

Thanks Aaron for your service and good luck for the rest of your career.

He was a better player than NK.

Injuries knocked him for 6, I'm glad we had the opportunity to have him.

Had he scored and ultimately won we'd have been wanting him to do another season.

We need an attacking midfielder and a proven striker. The Buff may or may not be here next season but if he is then we need back up.​
Yeah. Probably better than niko. But the sentiment still applies.

Why are you happy to have him here? Beyond the name, it’s not exactly been beneficial.

A multi millionaire with no real desire or hunger to break sweat .
Exactly the opposite of what we require.
No harm to him but play our upcoming kids before we go down that route again.

Turned out to be a complete car crash of a signing and a distraction we could ill afford.

For me he looked a level above in terms of football intelligence whenever he played, sadly that was few and far between.

I bear him no ill feeling for the penalty as I don’t think he should’ve been put in that position.

He's still a player, but by god his body must be shutting down on him like the way Kranjars did. I have no ill will towards him, but its still a bit too raw from Wednesday night to say anything positive regarding his time here.

I said at the time we would have been better spending the $ on Ferguson or Ramsey at Aberdeen instead of a guy who played a few cup games ultimately .

I'm not actually sure where he goes from here. We all know he can be a great player, but he is never fit and I don't think ever will be.

He's finished at the top level. A monumental Ross Wilson f up. Hopefully the Board have taken management to task about it. Can't be allowed to happen again.

Good luck to him in the future. It was a gamble that ultimately did not work but can’t fault him or Wilson for trying it. I’d rather we were thinking outside the box and didn’t work than to always play it safe.

The most expensive failed experiment in our history.

If we don't make it into the CL group stage, his feeble effort from 12yds will have cost us the thick end of £35,000,000.
Should never been selected to take a penalty.
Surely one of the boys that contributed so much for us to get there,should have been given that opportunity.

Nice guy.

That’s as positive as I can be about his spell with us

In truth, one of the most expensive awful signings we’ve made in decades.

Was never fit and missed the penalty in our biggest game in most of our lifetime

Should never been selected to take a penalty.
Surely one of the boys that contributed so much for us to get there,should have been given that opportunity.
There was nothing wrong with selecting him to take the penalty. His record before Wednesday was scored 7 penalties out of 8. The best ratio in our squad. The mistake, if we planned for him to take a penalty, was not giving him at least 5 minutes longer to get a touch of the ball and a feel for the whole thing. Was the penalty his first touch?

And better players than Ramsey have missed penalties in their time.

The most expensive failed experiment in our history.

If we don't make it into the CL group stage, his feeble effort from 12yds will have cost us the thick end of £35,000,000.
So he had a kick to win it?
Even if he scored, we had to keep scoring and they still had to miss.
It simply wasnt to be.

He is a wonderful footballer, you can see a mile away that he’s on a different level but he’s past it. Why anyone thought it would turn out differently needs to have a good look at themselves
He missed a penalty, we were upset, he was upset but he’s a Rangers player and because WATP we support our own

Seemed a good signing at the time but ultimately the return the club got for someone of his ability and experience was abysmal.

One goal in an OF game is about the only positive from his time here. Other than that he was really just a high profile bench warmer.

Hopefully a lesson learned for the recruitment team to do a bit more homework the next time a so called 'big name' declares an interest in coming to the SPFL.

I think Ramsey may be having problems with the “mental” side of the game as much as the physical side.

For whatever reason his confidence seems to be low.

Maybe the big money move to Juventus was too much for him and his physical and mental fitness has taken a severe beating as a result?

Back