Ramsey - A Goodbye

Mate, there were comparisons to PAUL GASCOIGNE. Absolutely ridiculous
To be fair, he was an ex premiership player who we were signing from Italian Giants Juventus. I can see why people went to cheer his signing and yes I would compare it in a way to a Gascoigne signing. No where near as good but you can see the similarities.

Whatever money was involved to bring him here should have been spent more on bringing in youngsters through the ranks,and scouting new talent.We live and learn. I like the guy,he was a sensation in his prime no doubt,and I'm glad he came here ,it didn't work out,it happens! I wish him all the best,but now is a time for investing in the team correctly .

very classy mate.

Anyway, i wish him well, it was a low risk signing as Juve were paying 90 percent of his wages and we got a top drawer player for peanuts.
Sadly he was not fit for most of his time with us, but could have worked out differently and been a cracking loan deal. As said I wish him well.
Huh? What's class got to do with it. I get the concerted effort not to blame him and that's fine. Still a sick note and an awful signing whatever way you look at it.

I dont care who it is, once they pull in that rangers jersey, I’ll support them 100%

Wasn’t his fault that we paid what we paid

It never worked out but good luck to him

It was a buzz signing him. Felt like a signing of yesteryear the day he signed. Sadly for all parties it just never worked.

Constant injuries and fitness issues blighted what should have been a league title winning signing. I don't hold the penalty miss against him at all. Hope he does well at whatever club he ends up at next.

It was a bold and ambitious signing but due to the nature of how it panned out, it's oddly compounded the pressure and scrutiny on Ross Wilson. He needs a big summer, he needs to get the majority of the signings spot on.

Sometimes a signing like that works in other ways.

King, Lowry etc will have been learning things on and off the pitch from AR.

Nice to see the club attract players of this stature again

The fawning over his signing was embarrassing at the time but now it’s horrible to look back at.
Weird all the “he’d be a hero if he scored & we’d be singing his praises” which is probably not wrong
But he did not score but posters get a hard time for giving him it tight, where’s the logic in that? what? we’re only allowed to praise players now are we? and any criticism is forbidden?

No hard feelings but he was poor for us. Sure it was a gamble but I still can’t believe how brittle he is.

Wrong side of 30 and I don’t think he’ll ever play in a bigger game than he did on Wednesday now

Aye weel. Could have been a great signing but ended up as a bad one. S**t happens as wesay over the pond. At least he said some nice things and "once a Ranger, always a Ranger"

Good luck to you son in the future.

A poor signing in almost every way.

I think a poor signing is being very, very mild.

We needed someone to come in and be the difference maker in what was clearly going to be a tight title race.

The fact Wilson thought Ramsey was that guy is a huge concern.

His performance against Braga at home was very good. It's pointless to think like that mate.

Even daft things like games he played, maybe Aribo plays wide right instead and gets injured if Ramsey wasn't here.

Im a firm believer in everything happening for a reason, valid points there mate.

Cant dwell on these things eh.

Football has changed . Even from 10/15 years ago . If you can’t run or work for 90 mins your never making the top level. Even today you hear pep saying he brought on ikey gundegon because he’s the best runner in the team. Being fit enough to play 90 mins 50 games a season is now a minimum requirement . Players like Kris Boyd who scored so many goals in his day would get no where near a rangers team now whereas a young Kenny miller prob would for a rangers example

If he had come n at the beginning of the window we might’ve had a better chance of getting him fit.

We can only hope that serious lessons have been learned from the last few windows January especially.

Absolutely nothing against him at all. Better players than him have missed penalties in bigger games.

It was a failure of a deal, but that’s on Ross Wilson, who by the way is my biggest concern in terms of what comes next for us.
Roberto Baggio.

Hopefully Ross Wilson has got this out of his system, and will take a more critical look at players in future rather than just their reputation.

Some nice words there , I was maybe a bit OTT in my criticism of him in the hours and day after the final so hold my hands up nothing against the lad he’s came its not worked out but glad he’s enjoyed his time here.

Good Luck and best wishes in the future whatever it may hold for you.

It was an absolute joy to watch him in most of the games he played for us. Sadly injuries stopped him making the impact we all thought he would. We knew that was a real possibility.

Some idiots will blame him for the Europa, but that's football.

All the best Aaron.
Stop being sensible.

No, seriously… there’s some amount of “Captain Hindsights” giving expert analysis since Wednesday night about how it was always going to work out this way. Riiight.

very classy mate.

Anyway, i wish him well, it was a low risk signing as Juve were paying 90 percent of his wages and we got a top drawer player for peanuts.
Sadly he was not fit for most of his time with us.

- you do realise the paltry 10% we had to contribute was approx £40k per week?

A massive signing that should have worked out but ultimately massively backfired but we all knew the risks.

Fitness struggles, niggles, injuries all affected him and he barely contributed.

Such a shame but we move on.

Odd signing to be brutally honest. Think he was signed as a statement of intent or maybe to put the heebie jeebies up the Mhanks. Unfortunately it didn't work out. Wish the boy well.

Can't fault his effort or ability but his body simply can't cope with the rigours of modern football anymore - much like Niko Kranjcar.

We need to focus on signing young, hungry talent on permanent deals and improving them with coaching.
Gilmour would have been a better signing in my opinion

All very well blaming Ross Wilson but players do not come to our Club without our Manager agreeing and Gio must have been happy to have him.

Lots of hypocritical revisionism on this thread when pretty much everyone was over the moon in January, no surprise there.

It didn’t work out, cest la vie.
That’s not true Tags he had hardly played since October and plenty questioned the wisdom on that.
He’s completed one full game in 7 months and not for us - the reality is the outcome wasn’t that much of a shock.

I wish him all the best for the future.

He will have to work very hard to stay in the right physical condition, but I think he can do it.

No hard feelings but he was poor for us. Sure it was a gamble but I still can’t believe how brittle he is.

Wrong side of 30 and I don’t think he’ll ever play in a bigger game than he did on Wednesday now

The injuries didn't shock me when they happened. His baseline fitness was atrocious though.

Also the fact he was normally only available for the bench, or Gio only trusted him as a bench player was telling.

If he was going to he a success he needed to be fully fit and committed, never really got that vibe from him. If we'd have been flying and romping the league, his cameo appearances would have been hailed as a genuis bit of business by Wilson. We are seeing the other side of that coin now, because he was such a banal addition to a fairly shoddy title defence.

Did we use all of our subs on sat?
Was A Mcg the last sub we could use
Im assuming it was, otherwise you would have thought to give him the last couple of mins as well knowing it was his last game ?

Back