Rangers announce £6,750,000 share offer to fans - Rangers shares have been issued

Sorry for
This just isn't true.
Every success Rangers have achieved since DK swooped in is thanks to fans and their shareholder influence. When the boardroom is full of Rangers supporters everyone has the club's best interests at heart. However, the boardroom may not always be. That's why it's so important for ordinary Ranges supporters to own a significant share holding.
The other thing to remember is people aren't robots. We hold different views and opinions. It's how human beings are. However, as in most cases, differences are managed through a structure. In Club 1872's case a democratic structure. One member one vote.
I'm a strong supporter of fan ownership, and Club 1872. I would encourage all Rangers supporters to see the massive benefits of our supporter organisation, and to back it financially.
Sorry for the late reply mate, just noticed this.
Just so I’m clear, the principle of fan representation I like. I also absolutely agree that everyone has the best interests of our club at heart (c1872 and other prominent supporters). The support have agitated positive change, I’d agree with that as well. However, and there’s a decade of evidence to back this up, the issue with supporter representation on the scale we’re looking at is every fan has a different version of what the ‘best interests’ of Rangers are. Some want to spend money on legal cases defending the club against every newspaper article that’s negative. Some want to put cash straight into player recruitment. Some want safe standing. Some don’t. Others want a stadium increase. Some want a new pitch. The issue is that when folk are spending money, they believe they have a right to what THEY wanted. When they don’t get it, it leads to the fighting we see. Now, and this is irrefutable, we have the latest in a long list of public spats that are frankly embarrassing. It’s constant, it’s happened over 10 years and it only serves to illustrate the issues with paid supporter representation. I genuinely hoped it would work, but I’ve been left completely disengaged and fed up with it.

Did anyone get an email confirmation when signing up for this? I don't see an email from tifosy.

I can log into their site and it says I'm pre-registered but in listening to the interview on H&H the other day they said we need to keep a sharp eye out for the email notifying the ones that preregistered of the opening of the application period.

I realize it is not for a while, I just want to be sure that the mail is not getting blocked! Thanks

Did anyone get an email confirmation when signing up for this? I don't see an email from tifosy.

I can log into their site and it says I'm pre-registered but in listening to the interview on H&H the other day they said we need to keep a sharp eye out for the email notifying the ones that preregistered of the opening of the application period.

I realize it is not for a while, I just want to be sure that the mail is not getting blocked! Thanks

Yeah you should’ve got an acknowledgment email.

Found all my Tifosy replies in my junk email box KYB.

Maybe went to your junk folder. I think mine did.

I’ve had 6-7 emails from them,you get one each time you complete part of your profile and when you deposit funds.

Sorry for

Just so I’m clear, the principle of fan representation I like. I also absolutely agree that everyone has the best interests of our club at heart (c1872 and other prominent supporters). The support have agitated positive change, I’d agree with that as well. However, and there’s a decade of evidence to back this up, the issue with supporter representation on the scale we’re looking at is every fan has a different version of what the ‘best interests’ of Rangers are. Some want to spend money on legal cases defending the club against every newspaper article that’s negative. Some want to put cash straight into player recruitment. Some want safe standing. Some don’t. Others want a stadium increase. Some want a new pitch. The issue is that when folk are spending money, they believe they have a right to what THEY wanted. When they don’t get it, it leads to the fighting we see. Now, and this is irrefutable, we have the latest in a long list of public spats that are frankly embarrassing. It’s constant, it’s happened over 10 years and it only serves to illustrate the issues with paid supporter representation. I genuinely hoped it would work, but I’ve been left completely disengaged and fed up with it.
I wish the issues with Club 1872 were resolved. However, it appears a lot of work needs doing before its reputation is restored.
It's a Rangers supporters organization, I guess extra strong leaders are essential to get progress back on track. They are out there, but it's difficult to persuade guys of that calibre to give up their time.
It'd be a crying shame if Club 1872 fell apart now. Members should keep the reasons Club 1872 was formed in mind, and believe that in spite of the turmoil it'll be well worth the trouble. A fully functioning, thriving Club 1872 would be a powerful entity. I think a lot of people don't realize just how influential and significant a well organized Rangers supporters organization could become. A lot of Scotland's arseholes would lose sleep over a strong Club 1872, our good causes could be supported even more, a lot of deals for supporters could be leveraged, it could create a brilliant social scene. All at the same time as protecting Rangers against c*nts, and inspiring success on the pitch. Club 1872, if it can get it right now, will be there for generations of Rangers supporters, bringing us together on a scale that's never been done before.

I’ve had 6-7 emails from them,you get one each time you complete part of your profile and when you deposit funds.
Thanks guys.
I did complete the profile last night and got some emails so I guess everything is fine. Searched for the acknowledgment email in all my folders including spam but doing nothing!

This is what they sent me. Reads to me that we can't participate (I'm in Canada), but I'm looking into it a bit more.

None of the securities made available through Tifosy have been or will be registered under the applicable securities laws of the USA, Canada, Australia or Japan. Neither an investment offering nor its accompanying offer documentation constitute an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is unlawful and, in particular, is not for distribution into the USA, Canada, Australia or Japan.

Therefore, persons accessing any offering or document should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions. Recipients represent and warrant to the Issuer of any securities and Tifosy that they are able to receive offering documentation without contravention of applicable legal or regulatory restrictions in the jurisdiction in which they reside, conduct business, or receive it.
Did you find out any more about this? I’m also in Canada and was planning to purchase, but this concerning.

Did you find out any more about this? I’m also in Canada and was planning to purchase, but this concerning.

I spoke to a mate over here who deals in shares and investments and he's basically said that we can't participate in this share issue. He suggested registering using a family members address in the UK but you'd also need a UK bank account to make the payment.

I'm thinking it's going to be too complicated to circumvent the regulations.

I spoke to a mate over here who deals in shares and investments and he's basically said that we can't participate in this share issue. He suggested registering using a family members address in the UK but you'd also need a UK bank account to make the payment.

I’ve just had a quick read of what I can find online, and it looks to me like you would run into issues if you held them in a registered account (TFSA or RRSP). I’m not seeing what problems it would cause if you didn’t though (assuming I’ll never sell it and it would never pay a dividend). Did your mate say anything about that?

I’m also leaning towards this seeming over-complicated btw (and questioning the logic of buying a share that would then cause a ball-ache if it ever paid a dividend or was sold).

I’ve just had a quick read of what I can find online, and it looks to me like you would run into issues if you held them in a registered account (TFSA or RRSP). I’m not seeing what problems it would cause if you didn’t though (assuming I’ll never sell it and it would never pay a dividend). Did your mate say anything about that?

I’m also leaning towards this seeming over-complicated btw (and questioning the logic of buying a share that would then cause a ball-ache if it ever paid a dividend or was sold).

He didn't mention TFSA or RRSP mate.

I'm leaning towards over-complicated as well although I'd really like to get in on this.

Tifosy are not allowed to market this offer in US, Canada, Australia or Japan.
However if you apply I am not sure they will reject your application.
If you have a UK address that you can use, that would help but it might still be accepted with an overseas address as Tifosy have covered themselves as you are warranting that you are eligible to receive the documents.

I think this is what I’ll do.
I still have funds in the UK and will use my brothers address.
Wondering about taxes and things though - would I have to declare this as a foreign investment (although its held in the UK) on my Canadian tax return?

Afterthought:
Has NARSA said anything on this?

I think this is what I’ll do.
I still have funds in the UK and will use my brothers address.
Wondering about taxes and things though - would I have to declare this as a foreign investment (although its held in the UK) on my Canadian tax return?

Afterthought:
Has NARSA said anything on this?

It was spoken about a wee bit on here, but no more really than the couple of paragraphs about certain countries.

Can anyone help me on this one, can't afford 500 quid but wanted to buy some shares for myself and my partner. Had a look into follow Rangers but I know nothing about them and don't know if it's a daft place to it my money. I have absolutely no understanding of shares just know it would be great to have some so if someone can break it down into idiot terms that would be good

Sorry for

I wish the issues with Club 1872 were resolved. However, it appears a lot of work needs doing before its reputation is restored.
It's a Rangers supporters organization, I guess extra strong leaders are essential to get progress back on track. They are out there, but it's difficult to persuade guys of that calibre to give up their time.
It'd be a crying shame if Club 1872 fell apart now. Members should keep the reasons Club 1872 was formed in mind, and believe that in spite of the turmoil it'll be well worth the trouble. A fully functioning, thriving Club 1872 would be a powerful entity. I think a lot of people don't realize just how influential and significant a well organized Rangers supporters organization could become. A lot of Scotland's arseholes would lose sleep over a strong Club 1872, our good causes could be supported even more, a lot of deals for supporters could be leveraged, it could create a brilliant social scene. All at the same time as protecting Rangers against c*nts, and inspiring success on the pitch. Club 1872, if it can get it right now, will be there for generations of Rangers supporters, bringing us together on a scale that's never been done before.

Two goods posts.

@Blu_ultra - do you reckon the issues you have specified about what fans want should never be left for supporters to decide on and be left to the Rangers board?

@mart22 - I agree Club 1872 could be such a powerful entity if properly run. They could take up so many gripes of the fans and take on the media and politicians when they are unfairly targeting us instead of the fans demanding the club do something.

Ultimately I want a supporters run group that will unite the vast majority of us and stand up for us. I feel currently Club 1872 are a million miles away from achieving this although they have shown in the past they are capable of releasing good statements.

Use a UK address for correspondence and that solves your problem.

Can anyone help me on this one, can't afford 500 quid but wanted to buy some shares for myself and my partner. Had a look into follow Rangers but I know nothing about them and don't know if it's a daft place to it my money. I have absolutely no understanding of shares just know it would be great to have some so if someone can break it down into idiot terms that would be good
Avoid that group. Spiv supporters

It's possible for groups of pals or RSCs to band together.

Register under the name of someone acting as secretary and then back that up with a simple document of agreement amongst yourselves as to how they will be split.

Just got the email through saying shares will be available at 10am on Monday

Looks like they are expecting them to go fast

“Based on the number of pre-registrations so far, we anticipate high demand for Shares. To avoid disappointment, we recommend completing the above steps and getting yourself investment-ready. You might also want to set a reminder for the time of launch - Monday 14th June at 10.00am.

Any indication what the price per share will be ?
I’m sure John Bennett said on the Price of Football podcast that they’d be priced at 20p but I could’ve misheard (too busy working with it on in the background :)) ).

I’ll need to re-listen anyway to see if the shares go up in increments of £100 or £500. Not sure if it was the PoF podcast or the Louden podcast.

I’m sure John Bennett said on the Price of Football podcast that they’d be priced at 20p but I could’ve misheard (too busy working with it on in the background :)) ).

I’ll need to re-listen anyway to see if the shares go up in increments of £100 or £500. Not sure if it was the PoF podcast or the Louden podcast.
I thought that too but then I am sure Dave King said in this recent interview that the price was higher than he was offering to C72 which is 20p

Sorry if this has already been asked multiple times but is there a plan to list in a recognised exchange as part of this offering?

Dear Mark,
Thank you for pre-registering your interest in the Rangers Share Offering.
THE PRIORITY PERIOD WILL OPEN ON MONDAY 14TH JUNE AT 10AM
As you have pre-registered, you will be able to access the investment page for an exclusive priority period of one week. The link to the investment page will be sent to you on Monday 14th June at 10.00am.
So, why invest in Rangers?
  • Real voting shares on same terms as existing shareholders to make you a part-owner of your club and pass on to the next generation
  • Clear vision and ambition from owners who are also loyal fans, focused on financial stability and future-proofing the club for the next 150 years
  • Funds will be invested in projects which will build the club’s value and sustainability incl. Ibrox, training ground etc.
Here are some steps you can already take to be investment-ready ahead of the official launch:
  1. Self-certify: In your Tifosy account select the investor category that best describes yourself.
  2. Complete eligibility questionnaire: Complete a short questionnaire to demonstrate that you have understood the risks associated with investments of this nature.
  3. Complete your profile: Add your personal details and complete the setup of your Tifosy account.
GET INVESTMENT READY - click here
Based on the number of pre-registrations so far, we anticipate high demand for Shares. To avoid disappointment, we recommend completing the above steps and getting yourself investment-ready. You might also want to set a reminder for the time of launch - Monday 14th June at 10.00am.
If you have questions, please contact us via the Live Chat service on our website or email us at rangers@tifosy.com
Kind regards
Tifosy

Has there been a problem with Outlook emails getting back. Sure I seen a thread that I was meant to look at but it disappeared.

Apart from original reply back Acknowledging my interest I've had nothing since?

Has there been a problem with Outlook emails getting back. Sure I seen a thread that I was meant to look at but it disappeared.

Apart from original reply back Acknowledging my interest I've had nothing since?
Check your spam folders.

Hotmail was acquired by Microsoft so web access is now called Outlook Live,

Tifosy have detected that in some cases Hotmail is putting the email into a Junk folder which is only visible when you access via the web access.

I thought that too but then I am sure Dave King said in this recent interview that the price was higher than he was offering to C72 which is 20p
It was the H&H podcast I was thinking of, mate. Interview with the guy from Tifosy and the price will be revealed on the day.

what happens if you deposit fund but dont get shares do you just get the money back out again?

I had previously completed the 1st 4 sections of the profile and I have just transferred funds in anticipation of Monday's opening.

Tommy have you went on the website to update your details?

See post #494 by Suck, particularly the last paragraph. Login to Outlook via the web browser - rather than via the Mail App on an iPad or iPhone for example - and check the Junk folder there.

Back