Rangers announce £6,750,000 share offer to fans - Rangers shares have been issued

How easy is to do that ?

I did exactly that with my shares in the old company. It was nearly 30 years ago and I can’t remember all the details but if it was complicated I probably wouldn’t have done it. From memory I contacted Rangers’ registrars, sent them my share certificate and they issued two new ones. Because it was a gift/transfer of shares there wasn’t the costs and charges which would have been incurred if I was simply selling the shares in the market.

Are you able to buy these via a Stocks and Share ISA or is that too complicated ?
I would very much doubt it as we are not listed on any of the exchanges your isa broker will be trading on. Your never likely to get a dividend off them and they are unlikely to grow in value so I wouldn’t be using up any of my allowance on them.

Already got shares but I've pre-registered for this as I'm fortunate enough to be in a position at present to do so and it is for the benefit of our club.
In view of this and the recent bad press I will be jibbing off Club 1872.
WATP

Registered that video is excellent, would love to be able to be a big share holder. But will do my bit with what I can afford.

After purchase I imagine you can split shares. Will cost a fee probably around £25

I’m in the process of splitting shares I managed to buy from Redmayne Bentley, there is no charge.

It’s been a lengthy process though, original purchase was in February, took forever to get the certificate and it’s now with the Link Group to be split but was told today it can take several weeks.

I would very much doubt it as we are not listed on any of the exchanges your isa broker will be trading on. Your never likely to get a dividend off them and they are unlikely to grow in value so I wouldn’t be using up any of my allowance on them.
Makes sense - was more management and visibility on the app I was interested in but assume this will be easy enough

Do you have to put money into the wallet just now

Don’t think so. I did everything else but I think it’s just to speed up the process when they become available.

‘In order to ensure your Tifosy account is investment ready ahead of the official launch, you can already take the following steps:

• Self-certify: select the investor category that best describes you
  • Complete eligibility questionnaire: complete a short questionnaire to demonstrate that you have understood the risks associated with investments of this kind
  • Complete your profile: add your personal details and complete the setup of your Tifosy Account
  • Deposit funds: add funds to your Tifosy Wallet ready to invest’

Registered. Only plan on doing the minimum, although I'd consider putting more in if it seemed like we were short of the total (that seems unlikely).

I'm an autist, and really want an even number of shares, preferably in a multiple of 100. Hope that's an option (i.e. would rather pay 501 for 5000 shares than 500 for 4998).

As a support, we should be banding together and doing this through Club 1872 so we have a meaningful voice. Spreading shares amongst us all as individuals leaves us vulnerable to the same problems we have seen in the past.
Who are you to tell supporters what they should do with their money, or how they choose to support the club?
There many supporters who are not comfortable with the Club 1872 model.
Selling shares to the support does not leave us vulnerable to anything that happened previously, as long as the board retain control of 50% of the total shares.

Does anyone know if the money raised by this share offer will be earmarked for anything in particular? I recall an interview I think with Bennett where he says something about fans getting involved to help fund stadium upgrades/expansion.

I’m ok with this money going into the general pot and being used for whatever the board think is best, I have full trust in them. However, I also think it would be good if fans were told the funds raised with this share offer will be ring fenced for a particular project - like stadium expansion for example. I also think we would get even more buy in from fans who are perhaps on the fence about investing at the moment.

I did exactly that with my shares in the old company. It was nearly 30 years ago and I can’t remember all the details but if it was complicated I probably wouldn’t have done it. From memory I contacted Rangers’ registrars, sent them my share certificate and they issued two new ones. Because it was a gift/transfer of shares there wasn’t the costs and charges which would have been incurred if I was simply selling the shares in the market.
I also have shares in the Oldco but there did not seem to be the same requirement for information as there is now. I will have to suss out how to photograph my driver’s licence and upload to the site. However that is for another day. Technophobe Loyal.

kQg9pSc.jpg

£500 far too steep for me personally but we are talking in our super staunch group chat about buying in collectively from funds we already have via a rolling group bet.

I've only had a request to confirm my email details from Tifosy.
Others have talked about confirming proof of ID etc., have I missed doing anything further (for now)?

I've only had a request to confirm my email details from Tifosy.
Others have talked about confirming proof of ID etc., have I missed doing anything further (for now)?

You don’t need to do it right now but it will speed up the process when they go on sale. When you login you will see a number of things to complete. See my post #367.

Who are you to tell supporters what they should do with their money, or how they choose to support the club?
There many supporters who are not comfortable with the Club 1872 model.
Selling shares to the support does not leave us vulnerable to anything that happened previously, as long as the board retain control of 50% of the total shares.

lol. I wasn’t telling anyone to do anything. But it’s a simple fact that whilst spreading shares amongst us as individuals gives the club money, it gives us zero influence over how it’s spent or how the club is run. Club 1872 is the only viable model to do that. Given our recent history, we should be holding any Rangers board accountable. Like it or not, we remain vulnerable.

For Bears who are looking to invest, please remember that Rangers are not listed on any Stock Exchange, which means the stock is not as freely available on the normal share dealing sites or brokers. We do however work with JP Jenkins ( https://jpjenkins.com/companies/ ). JP Jenkins have a platform that allows private companies to trade shares with others.

Since we are not listed, it also means there is no current share price, as your shares are only of value if someone wants to buy them and of course you have to agree with the party a price.

The rights issue will decide on a price to offer the shares at and then it's up to you all to decide whether it is of value to you or not at that price. Of course, as fans, we want the money we invest to go to the club so many of us should not look at this as an investment, rather as a way to own part of the club we love and want to help build for the future.

If you are planning to use money you need, then you have to really think about it. Buying shares that are then not freely traded could mean that if you needed to sell to realise your money in the future then you may find no-one wants to buy them (in which case the value of them would be become zero). Of course, it could also go the other way and if things go well on the park and people do want to buy and/or Rangers decide to list shares on a stock market.

Many are asking about how much a share is valued at today. JP Jenkins give an "Indicative" price, which is basically a summary of the price paid for all the latest transactions. The latest indicative price was 19p a share, since all of the latest trading on the platform has been 19p.

When shares are diluted (i.e. a company issues more shares), the price on the market normally goes down somewhat. Whether this happens with Rangers shares is difficult to estimate (since we only know that shares have been traded at 19p a share and not if that is a fair value for a share compared to the prospects of the company). There have been a few trades since February, all at 19p a time, which means these trades have happened when our trajectory has been going up and generally this means the prices should reflect the positive position we are in.

If you want your broker to buy or sell Rangers shares after you have bought through the rights issue then you should ask them to purchase7sell via JP Jenkins, or alternatively, JP Jenkins suggest opening an account with a partner they have :-

I think you can open an ISA account with this company to store the shares in (I am not big on ISA's though)).

Don’t think so. I did everything else but I think it’s just to speed up the process when they become available.

‘In order to ensure your Tifosy account is investment ready ahead of the official launch, you can already take the following steps:

• Complete eligibility questionnaire: complete a short questionnaire to demonstrate that you have understood the risks associated with investments of this kind
  • Complete your profile: add your personal details and complete the setup of your Tifosy Account
i may be stupid but does anyone know the answers to the questions they ask when i go to their help page doesn't seem to relate to the questions they ask?

i may be stupid but does anyone know the answers to the questions they ask when i go to their help page doesn't seem to relate to the questions they ask?
got it was reading to much into it.

Im going to find it very difficult not to invest in this

Bad timing personally but i’ll find a way

Brilliant video from the club

Hello mate can you explain to me why you wouldnt expect the shares to grow in value, i dont have a clue about shares etc so thats why im asking.

Good for pointing out, RB. I’ve completed all the necessary but failed to spot the ’deposit funds’. Now being processed.

Hello mate can you explain to me why you wouldnt expect the shares to grow in value, i dont have a clue about shares etc so thats why im asking.

Rangers have currently 390,658,857 millions shares, which means the value of the company (Market Capitalisation) is 74 Million pounds, if we assume the shares are worth 19p a share). The Market capitalisation of a company is in essence what the market thinks the company is worth and is generally linked to how the future looks (i.e. how much money it will make in the future).

This share issue will issue more shares which may change the share price (dilute it - i.e. it will go down), since the actual value of the company might stay the same (think of it like a buying a car and dividing it into 100 shares. You then issue another 100 shares so you have 200 - the value is still the same, but the price of each share would be half).

The problem with Rangers is that the shares are not listed on a stock market, so the value of the company is difficult to estimate. Celtics current Market Capitalisation is 105 Million pounds. Their Market Cap when Gerrard began our journey was 124 Million Pounds. At that time investors probably though they has a better future than now since they were worth more.

If the market feels we are undervalued at 74 Million pounds then the likelihood is our share price will rise, but if they do not then it won't. Football in Scotland is not seen as exciting as other countries (Man U's Market Capitalisation is around 1.6 Billion pounds), so it unlikely that the value of the company will increase substationally, so the share price should not fluctuate upwards in a significant manner. It all depends on what Rangers assign as a price per share. If they say it is 10p a share then it's probably a good shout. If they say 50p, then probably not.

Rangers have currently 390,658,857 millions shares, which means the value of the company (Market Capitalisation) is 74 Million pounds, if we assume the shares are worth 19p a share). The Market capitalisation of a company is in essence what the market thinks the company is worth and is generally linked to how the future looks (i.e. how much money it will make in the future).

This share issue will issue more shares which may change the share price (dilute it - i.e. it will go down), since the actual value of the company might stay the same (think of it like a buying a car and dividing it into 100 shares. You then issue another 100 shares so you have 200 - the value is still the same, but the price of each share would be half).

The problem with Rangers is that the shares are not listed on a stock market, so the value of the company is difficult to estimate. Celtics current Market Capitalisation is 105 Million pounds. Their Market Cap when Gerrard began our journey was 124 Million Pounds. At that time investors probably though they has a better future than now since they were worth more.

If the market feels we are undervalued at 74 Million pounds then the likelihood is our share price will rise, but if they do not then it won't. Football in Scotland is not seen as exciting as other countries (Man U's Market Capitalisation is around 1.6 Billion pounds), so it unlikely that the value of the company will increase substationally, so the share price should not fluctuate upwards in a significant manner.
Why couldn't our Market Capitalisation rise to, or even exceed, the Dhims current £105m? Surely as success flows from one side to the other that is what you would expect. Eventually.

Why couldn't our Market Capitalisation rise to, or even exceed, the Dhims current £105m? Surely as success flows from one side to the other that is what you would expect. Eventually.

It could if we are really successful or our opportunity to earn future cash was to change (i.e. we were invited to the premiership), but the question is by how much it would change. Celtics was 124 M UKP in 2018, when the future looked bright for them so that kind of should give you a guideline of where we could be.

It could if we are really successful or our opportunity to earn future cash was to change (i.e. we were invited to the premiership), but the question is by how much it would change. Celtics was 124 M UKP in 2018, when the future looked bright for them so that kind of should give you a guideline of where we could be.
Yeah, I guess where I'm coming from is that if we make the CL groups next season (a tough ask, but doable) and look to clinch the title at home again early - leading to group stages the year after - that gives us two lots of CL income and marks a clear and sustained shift in power in Scottish football that could see us repeat that in future seasons. If that happens, and let's not get ahead of ourselves :) , then surely its fairly certain we would breach that £100m figure the Dhims currently sit at? Subject, of course, to any random off-field events such as the Fat C*nt and his never ending litigation.

I'm simply suggesting its possible. Maybe even likely. Though that's not a basis for anyone to invest of course - any investment in any football club is best looked upon as gifting your money to the club.

If the market feels we are undervalued at 74 Million pounds then the likelihood is our share price will rise, but if they do not then it won't. Football in Scotland is not seen as exciting as other countries (Man U's Market Capitalisation is around 1.6 Billion pounds), so it unlikely that the value of the company will increase substationally, so the share price should not fluctuate upwards in a significant manner. It all depends on what Rangers assign as a price per share. If they say it is 10p a share then it's probably a good shout. If they say 50p, then probably not.
There are a couple of points above which are not accurate.
1. Your explanation of dilution ignores the fact that the equity value will increase by £6.75m cash received before you divide by the larger number of shares in issue so if the new shares are properly priced the price per share will be maintained.
2. The market capitalisation you are quoting for Celtic of £105m is for their ordinary shares only and ignores their convertible preferred ordinary shares and their convertible cumulative preference shares which adds over £20m to their market cap.
I don’t think it is unreasonable for us to achieve that level of equity value in the foreseeable future.

There are a couple of points above which are not accurate.
1. Your explanation of dilution ignores the fact that the equity value will increase by £6.75m cash received before you divide by the larger number of shares in issue so if the new shares are properly priced the price per share will be maintained.
2. The market capitalisation you are quoting for Celtic of £105m is for their ordinary shares only and ignores their convertible preferred ordinary shares and their convertible cumulative preference shares which adds over £20m to their market cap.
I don’t think it is unreasonable for us to achieve that level of equity value in the foreseeable future.

True on both. It can be than an equity injection, if used properly could increase shareholder value. 6.7 million is not an enormous equity injection though, so probably won't make a significant difference.

lol. I wasn’t telling anyone to do anything. But it’s a simple fact that whilst spreading shares amongst us as individuals gives the club money, it gives us zero influence over how it’s spent or how the club is run. Club 1872 is the only viable model to do that. Given our recent history, we should be holding any Rangers board accountable. Like it or not, we remain vulnerable.
So the 3 people who have take over the running of C1872 and the shadow guy will speak for us ? Better buy your own shares go to the AGM and speak for yourself

So the 3 people who have take over the running of C1872 and the shadow guy will speak for us ? Better buy your own shares go to the AGM and speak for yourself

Funny because both myself and hundreds of other individual shareholders attended multiple AGMs under Murray and the spivs raising major concerns over a number of years. Look where that got us.

Your 0.000001% shareholding doesn’t give you any kind of say, nor does your ST, nor your MyGers points.

The only way to influence, and more importantly protect, the club from going through the hell of the last 10 years is via a forum such as Club 1872. As a member you vote for who represents you.

Back